It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
that we are the only living things in this universe, no matter where we go and explore there seems to be only rock and dust/soil/nothing everywhere we look, we have looked on mars and titan now and nothing, why if i may say so that where ever we look, there is going to be nothing, are they purposely looking at the planets that nothing exists.

they are going to these planets/moons where they no nothing is there but infact they have sent loads of probes ships to other planets where life is ? im just curious why we havent found any life anywhere yet ????

that is just my crazy idea but it does seem a little wierd imho

any thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes, how do they nothing is there UNTIL they look?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i get your point, but are they looking at these Specific places on purpose to keep us general public amused ? whilst the other probes* go to the correct places

* the amount of funding they have from allsorts, there must be a lot of (missions) going elsewhere without the public knowledge.

i would love to get my hands on the photos on their specials they have done

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well you may well wonder, given the hubble can pinpoint starsystems that are much more likely to harbour worlds like ours and hence life. but folk will point out that travel to such places is simply beyond our means, and that titan was a good start due to cassini's preprobe observations of it. Perhaps probes have been sent to more likely stellar locations but given it took 7 years to get to titan, it may be many generations before one reaches a likly target?
Perhaps its simply down to vastness of interstellar distance, we may indeed be the only lifebaring world within many light years. This dosent negate the liklyhood of life in space being very abundant indeed, its just so dam big you have to really rack up frequent flyer points before you come across another.

its like grains of sand in the sahara desert, how many are there? how often might you find one that looks identical to another under a microscope? needle in a very very very big haystack.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Instar I get your point, but dont you at least have some part of you that is curious to why we havent explored planets that are nearer to us than saturns moon, they may say it look like a prehistoric version of earth, but why not explore the possibilites of venus ? its nearer for a start, why not put more resources into mars and send tonnes of probes there, why not even send 50 probes to the moon and scan every part of it, why are they selecting these places, lets look whats close to us before we even stretch beyond that

E_T

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Our solar system isn't even insignificant small compared to whole universe... more likely its insignificant small part of insignificant small part.
So if we don't find other life from it it's complete BS to say that there might not be life on elsewhere just because of this insignifact small "sample".

Originally posted by Scaart
Instar I get your point, but dont you at least have some part of you that is curious to why we havent explored planets that are nearer to us than saturns moon, they may say it look like a prehistoric version of earth, but why not explore the possibilites of venus ? its nearer for a start, why not put more resources into mars and send tonnes of probes there, why not even send 50 probes to the moon...
Why search life from moon?
Because lack of atmosphere and magnetic field its surface is continuously bombarded by cosmic radiation. Only way life would survive there is literally under rock... and where are even requirements for birth of life like organic compounds and those?
Also there propably isn't anywhere enough volcanic activity to give energy for life like that in deep oceans around "black smokers".

And Venus... surface temperature ~100 bar and temperature high enough to melt lead. And to top of that planets surface lacks craters hinting that volcanic activity might "resurface" whole planet occasionally.
Also sulfuric acid makes part of atmosphere, although it doesn't rain to surface because heat vaporizes it before that it just doesn't help because temperature is so high.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

that we are the only living things in this universe, no matter where we go and explore there seems to be only rock and dust/soil/nothing everywhere we look, we have looked on mars and titan now and nothing, why if i may say so that where ever we look, there is going to be nothing, are they purposely looking at the planets that nothing exists.

they are going to these planets/moons where they no nothing is there but infact they have sent loads of probes ships to other planets where life is ? im just curious why we havent found any life anywhere yet ????

any thoughts ?

my spidey senses are tingling...
i sense a conspiracy

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

any thoughts ?

It only seems weird until you figure we have explored a grand total of what.. 4 bodies with landers (venus, mars, the moon, titan )

Now how many do you think are out there.. I mean you can't suvery .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of objects and expect to have some meaingful data.

Osiris

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, there is a fair chance there might be something meaninful on Europa...
Time will tell...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Keep in mind there haven't been any actual missions dedicated solely to looking for life. The older missions were to get a better understanding over other planets, and now the newer missions are to do that as well as see about the possibility of a manned mission.

new topics

top topics

join