It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 crazy thiings that happen at funerals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

1. The pastor was preaching on the resurrection during the funeral when Siri on someone's iPhone began to speak, "I'm sorry; I don't understand what you just said."

2. Three different pastors told us they fell in the grave.

3. Three different widows jumped in the grave.

4. The deceased's dog died shortly after the deceased died. The family put the dead animal in the casket with her.

5. The family released a dove at the end of the funeral. A hawk was waiting. You know the rest of the story.

6. One lady gave a testimony at her deceased pastor's funeral: "Having Jim as my pastor was like being in a love affair."

7. The pastor was interrupted during the funeral and asked to adjust the deceased in the casket because she did not look perky.

8. The best friend of the deceased gave a eulogy sharing how he and the now deceased picked up women.

9. During the viewing of the deceased, a song was on continuous loop: "How Much Is That Doggy in the Window?"

10. The pastor was asked to pose with the urn of ashes for photos after the funeral.

11. The funeral home showed up with the wrong body.

12. This funeral had two ambulances: one to pick up a man having a heart attack; and the other to get a woman in labor.

13. There were two funerals close together. They finished at the same time. One funeral released doves. The other funeral had a salute with several guns. There were many dead doves.

14. The widow began shouting and praying for her husband to rise from the dead.

15. An Elvis impersonator was one of the key speakers.

LINK

On the lighter side of life and death.......

I do not see why anyone would lie about these events taking place and maybe at the time when these things occurred those who attended were shocked but with everything else as time goes by we can look back and maybe find a good laugh or smile.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Lol they are funny, I like number 11.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I once saw a casket fall off the supports and I've seen pallbearers slip on ice and drop the end of a casket. I tried really, really hard not to chuckle, but you know how it is when you try to hold it in.
I'm guessing my daughter may have a few stories to tell, somewhere down the road. She wants to be a forensic pathologist and is getting a Summer job at the local funeral home. She's only 15 now, 16 in Sept, so she can't actually work with the bodies yet, but still....

She knows she has her work cut out for her, but she's ready for it.

A forensic pathologist must first earn a bachelor's degree, then a medical degree, either an M.D. or D.O. Extensive additional education and training is required, including four to five years of training in anatomic, clinical and/or forensic pathology and a one-year residency or fellowship in forensic pathology.

I had to edit and write "chuckle" because the software didn't want me to write this:
snig·ger
ˈsniɡər/
noun
a smothered or half-suppressed laugh.
verb
give a smothered or half-suppressed laugh.
"the boys at school were sure to s'n-word' at him behind his back"
edit on 5-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yayks

Heard of this one ?

Astonishing moment toddler wakes up - during her own FUNERAL

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tehthehet

WOW that was close!

I once watched city officials dig up someone for a forensics evaluation in Europe and the city worker told me that on more than one occasion he has dug up the dead and when the casket is opened up they found the person had awaken after being buried and they scratched at the top of the casket and their finger nails were found stuck in the wood and they had this look of panic and fear on their face......I don't think they had R.I.P until later.....

For me there is only one way..... cremation.......

edit on 5-6-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

omg

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Tehthehet

WOW that was close!

I once watched city officials dig up someone for a forensics evaluation in Europe and the city worker told me that on more than one occasion he has dug up the dead and when the casket is opened up they found the person had awaken after being buried and they scratched at the top of the casket and their finger nails were found stuck in the wood and they had this look of panic and fear on their face......I don't think they had R.I.P until later.....

For me there is only one way..... cremation.......

Do they allow people to be buried without embalming there, or were these graves from a time when they did? It seems like I remember reading there are places that won't allow interment without embalming, but I don't know how true that is. I haven't specifically looked it up.

I'm with you on the cremation. That has always been my request upon leaving this shell I reside in.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I had to edit and write "chuckle" because the software didn't want me to write this:
snig·ger
ˈsniɡər/
noun 1. a smothered or half-suppressed laugh.
verb 1. give a smothered or half-suppressed laugh.
"the boys at school were sure to s'n-word' at him behind his back"

I have a feeling this is gonna turn out to be a Great thread.

Had trouble buying-in to #13.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

My uncle died a few years back. His net worth was over 1 Mil. He left everything to the other side of the family, we got zero. Other side of the family shows up to the funeral in a brand new Stretch Limo. Talk about disrespectful.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

In Germany they do not embalm. You are placed in a room for three days for loved ones to mourn and then you are buried or cremated.

In Germany most graves (except family graves) are removed after 20 years and reused by the public. So the city workers dig them up, remove casket with bones and burn them...... so basically in the end you still end up in the fire.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

#13 was a great laugh and for some reason I can see this happening in Kentucky....... actually anywhere in the south..... AND I would bet some of those doves landed in the oven!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I know quite a few funeral people personally and when they were on the television "seeing to" a major celebrity I got them to give a small salute for the cameras as they entered the church. The relatives were ecstatic at the show of respect by the pall bearers. Of course they didn't know it cost me six pints for the stunt.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And if you're from the south someone always brings fried chicken to the services. I guess that's a crazy thing at a funeral if you're not from the south?
edit on 5-6-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh, wow.......

I can believe these! The widows, especially. Had a friend in high school whose brother died - heart problems from birth - and she threw herself onto the casket, sobbing uncontrollably. Rough day. Stuff happens!

The doves......wow......

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Great thread! Here's one of my favorite comedies, "Death at a Funeral" the clip doesn't do it justice, the movie covers almost all the surprises that happen at funerals though this thread has added to this list.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

13. There were two funerals close together. They finished at the same time. One funeral released doves. The other funeral had a salute with several guns. There were many dead doves.

anyone thats ever hunted a winged animal knows how bull# this one is.

for one thing fire arm salutes are done with blank bullets,
for another the type of guns used would fire one single projectile,
when hunting for winged animals you use shotguns with multiple projectiles to improve your chances of stricking the animal, and even with that you learn it is much more difficult not to miss then you would expect, you have to intentionally and accurately aim right at one individual bird (not in a group of a flock) or else youll miss.
even if this armed salute used live ammo instead of blanks (illegal) even if they took aim directly at the birds intending to hit them (would have been a media controversy) the odds their single projectile rifles would hit one let alone "many" is so far fetched only a fool would bet on those odds.

this one is clear BS, and if its BS the others likely are too.
edit on 6/6/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified I wanted to be cremated too until I saw a doctor who episode where they established communications with the dead/spirit world and the only message they received on a continously loop of crys and screaming was " please don't cremate me, PLEASE".

Ever since that it's all about burial " just in case".

Was a powerful concept.
edit on 6-6-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

top topics

join