It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one with Balls is....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I saw this video from Bill Maher's show talking about the media and journalism and they got on the subject of how nobody in the media holds the political figures accountable.

Then Bill mentions the fact that none of them will do his show. Not a single one has the balls to go on his show because they all know no punches will be pulled and they'll face some real questions.

Well, Nobody but.....

(Skip ahead to 5:56 to get to the point I'm talking about. Apparently you can't link youtube vids at a certain time position. Sorry.)

edit on 4-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Nobody goes on his show because he is an idiot. That is not a statement regarding his political leanings, it is a statement regarding how much of a dimwit he is.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Thanks for your opinion. I disagree completely.

If he's such and idiot and dimwit he wouldn't be as successful and have his own show this long with as many guests he's had. Many people go on that show and discuss politics in an open format where anyone can say anything they want.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I saw this video from Bill Maher's show talking about the media and journalism and they got on the subject of how nobody in the media holds the political figures accountable.

Then Bill mentions the fact that none of them will do his show. Not a single one has the balls to go on his show because they all know no punches will be pulled and they'll face some real questions.

Well, Nobody but.....

(Skip ahead to 5:56 to get to the point I'm talking about. Apparently you can't link youtube vids at a certain time position. Sorry.)

These people are the biggest hypocrites of all. After 8 years of pure brazen lying from Obama, with these retards supporting the lie telling, and even helping those lies by parroting them, now suddenly lying is bad because they say Trump is lying.. HA HA HA HA HAH
That is nothing but a total joke. Cry me a giant ocean.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
at least maher will have a diverse panel, most other shows are just pom pom waving

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Having a "Successful TV show" doesn't mean he is smart. He's not.

Without his writers and researchers, he gets caught on the most basic follow-up questions. We saw him live in Maui in 2012 and during the Q & A afterwards, once he was off script, he simply embarrassed himself. Repeatedly.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
at least maher will have a diverse panel, most other shows are just pom pom waving

Exactly. His panel included people from the Right and Left or various other groups that have opposing views. So both sides will be represented at the same time and same discussion.

That's the best and most fair anyone can really ask for.

Of course some people don't like that and would much rather stay in their own bubble and only hear confirmation bias which suits them.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Thanks for your opinion. I disagree completely.

If he's such and idiot and dimwit he wouldn't be as successful and have his own show this long with as many guests he's had. Many people go on that show and discuss politics in an open format where anyone can say anything they want.

Actually , you stated the very reason why....
For the second bolded line : They do . Thats the problem , not the solution.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So you saw him live once and he got stuck on some answers or information and now he's an idiot???

Still just your opinion, which is fine. You're allowed to think what you want.

Still doesn't mean anything about why nobody but Sanders would go on his show. Many Famous and Powerful people in politics and media go on his show and face real questions and debate with other people in an open format.

The reason those that he mentions don't is because they know they'll probably be asked questions they'd rather not have to answer and won't be able to stop Bill from asking them.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Bernie came on his show because he was welcome there and would be treated with kid gloves, as he WAS..

What's the big revelation?

"Balls"??

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Actually , you stated the very reason why....
For the second bolded line : They do . Thats the problem , not the solution.

So free and open speech is the problem now???

That's an interesting take on it. I guess you prefer questions that are prepared before hand and given to the hosts to ask??? You know, so nobody has to answer any tough questions that someone might ask. Wouldn't that be that bubble and bias I mentioned earlier???

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Bernie came on his show because he was welcome there and would be treated with kid gloves, as he WAS..

"Balls"??

He'd go on there anyway. Plus if that was the case then Obama and Clinton shouldn't have any worry going there either but they won't. So your theory doesn't pan out.

Trump would be the only one with some kind of an excuse because he could always say he didn't want to go on a show with a liberal host asking him questions. But that doesn't stop other Right Wingers from going on there. So even then that excuse doesn't fly IMO.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

"Balls"??

On Hillary that might be a big revelation.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm Lots have people have been on that idiots show, Anne Coulter was even on there, his stuff is written out for him, he was Darlenes prom dj on Roseanna, that was his start, he was even more ugly and greasy than he is now. That out of the way, I do watch him and have for years, some of it is hilarious but too much of one thing is too much for me and he is too far left.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 4-6-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bernie say the kind of things Maher's audience wants to hear. He's a home town favorite there. 10 times what any other politician is. Of course Bernie would go. He's right at home.

This premise is stupid.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Bill Maher is the Sean Hannity of the liberal world, 'non biased', 'fair and balanced'? (Under the guise of 'its just comedy') lmao. my foot. Hes even more of a Jerk than Sean imo, but anyone with a brain can pretty much instantly detect complete bias.

No thanks!
edit on 4-6-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Ya, he's a comedian who talks about politics. I don't agree with everything he says either and he's not always right in what he says either. But it's entertaining.

I didn't say you have to agree with him or like him either. Think what you want about him.

But his show is still an open format where anyone could face any question but with the ability to answer however they want. So who cares if Maher comes up with the question or not??

It's an open format with complete freedom to answer any way you want. How is that bad??

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Sure Maher has his bias. He's a hard left Liberal. That doesn't stop anyone who disagrees with him form saying whatever they want in opposition to him though.

He has people on there that argue against him all the time. They argue their bias just the same.

But at least both sides are allowed to say what they want.

That's the point. Anyone can represent their views however they want at the same time and in the same discussion. That's the most free speech you're going to get. It sounds like you'd just rather here from those who support the bias you agree with.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Double post, (or not? wow what just happened?)horrible connection. Anyway, not playing political footsie with you again, good luck.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join