It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Damn Dime Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Have you met the socially maladjusted 12 step program wash out f-ing sadistic nut jobs you call the elite? Really obviously you have never ran in some of these circles, big dollar positions go to figure head elite's with huge staffs of HIghly competent extremelly underpaid people to do everything except swing their golf clubs. This is true 90% of the time yes there are a few extraordinarilly wealthy people that are in essence self made, but even they in moments of candor will tell you it was blind f-ing luck or black mail!!
On january 20th I won't be spending a damn dime... I don't have any left to spend

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Heaven
Nobody believes it's possible, that's why it's impossible. Follow my logic? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that you're uttering a self fulfilling prophecy.

Cargo

cargo posted on 15-1-2005 at 04:20 PM

Heaven forbid people actually excercise that freedom you bled to death in the mud (or fired a few rounds down a range) to secure.

Wow Cargo, nice touch at the end there, well said. I say way above the standard when it comes to short posts on this forum. Short posts like yours are just fine by me, because they say something that has greater meaning when not surrounded by extraneous points..
unlike what I'm about to say which is similarly venomous, but like a Gaboon viper I have a much greater quantity to donate..In many enticing flavors. I'm mad now, Americans are reduced to not spending their money to show defiance and anger. I'm gonna filibuster. We're less of a don't-tread-on-me-snake than we used to be, and more of a tell-me-what-to-think-toddler, yaknow, as a whole country, on average.

I would suggest Americans burn a dollar in protest, but I think that would be a federal rap to advocate the destruction of federal mind control apparatus. Instead, I'll pose a question: What kind of society puts a higher value on the physical body of its currency, than on the physical well being of its citizens once in prison?

Majic
I'm not going to be intimidated by those military men who want to act like their buddies died 'face down in the muck' for our flag (now made in Korea) when they obviously died for a paycheck. I won't honour you or anyone else just because you survived a pre-emptive war that you signed up for as a mercenary! If you Majic, want to charge into the heat of battle with an anonymous enemy, and lay your life down on orders from another man, go right ahead. I won't mourn for you, and I would not ask you to kill for me lightly, not for money, not for prestige, not for anything. I'll curse your gullible nature and wish for smarter human beings in the future to re-ignite the flame of inteligence in our kind. What I won't do, is give you honour, and the power to shout me down in the name of patriotism, because you survived whatever firefight you collect benefits for, whether you survived through luck or instinct or technology or whatever. You got paid to be there right? They take care of your wife and kids, they feed you, innoculate you, teach you skills and in exchange you kill people that mess with them. I have a day job too. I sell shoes. Can I have a medal of courage for showing up every day to my job? NO! That's just what you do. If you have a job, you go do it. Protecting your country is different than killing foreigners who control resources desired by government affiliated corporations. All those quiet, dirty wars, actions, whatever you want to call them, perpetrated in the name of my freedom? I don't buy it, so if I were you, I'd quit selling it, and diversify a little with stable, divend paying objective thought.

Hospital employees don't get a lot of medals, neither do day care workers who keep your kids safe when you abandon them to go kill people overseas, or caseworkers who stem recidivism tides. Nurses get sick a lot and caseworkers have to deal with legions of scabby, foul mouthed, drug addicted teens. How about you volunteer to rub some nurse's feet tonight, I'd respect you for that. I wouldn't give you a medal, but I'd applaud your kindness and selflessness. What do you get for being a mercenary? I dunno, your paycheck I guess, and some good bar stories, maybe a teaspoon of guilt. Isn't that enough for a loyal company man, a mob-minded federal uniformed hitman? Albeit the benefits aren't what they used to be, what with all the post-service sickness and reduced payouts for death and dismemberment, but hey..that's a government job for ya', thankless.

The difference between the military and the mercenary corps, is that all the mercenaries are honest about what they do, most soldiers aren't for one reason or another. You have the right to not join the military. You have the right to leave the military. You have the right to disobey an order that is unlawful. You have the right to arrest a superior officer for war crimes. Don't expect to explain away your violation of the spirit of our country's laws with that old line, "I was just following orders." There are still some guys in the military, mainly in special forces, who have the knowledge of what's going on, and don't approve one bit. Don't speak for them okay, they have voices.

If an army man or a marine wants to come to my house and stand outside, protect me from burglars for twenty or thirty years and bring in the mail, without raping the locals (like in Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Africa, Europe, South America...) that'd be a really nice thing you could do for your citizenry, you, soldier you. I'm another guy, just like your CO, and I'm giving you a direct order. So what? It's just one idiot talking here, see the correlary? What I don't need you to do, is follow illegal orders from power drunk executives with a penchant for trying to legalize bestiality in Texas while enforcing human on human sodomy laws punishable by jail time in AIDS ridden rape prone prisons. You see, they're not thinking clearly, or they're malicious to the nth degree, either way not to be trusted.

Y'all who think what we've done is OK; starting wars, crashing the economy and principles of this country with such potential into the ground at speed like some decrepit albatross, lying about it, killing tens of thousands and arresting thousands more, to substantiate the B.S. and bad policy that caused all our problems in the first place, y'all are sick puppies. You'll either get better, or the illness will further dement you to the point where you no longer resemble a human being, and an irate citizen next door will put you down like the mad dog you have become. I hope you fix your attitude and curb the sickness. We need all the rational, thinking human beings we can muster for the coming age. There's no reason for us to be mucking about in the Arabian sandbox. The kids over there have been fighting for 5000 years, and they don't want our help with their squabble. Let them be, recess will be over shortly, and we can all go back to school and better ourselves while they scrap for prestige and milk money. Seriously, think things through. Why aren't we dead, you and I? Because we weren't in the path of a bullet a few minutes ago, or the target of a bomb. Why do we have better chances of populating the future with our offspring, you and I? Because we're smart enough to be home at a computer this very moment instead of running around with guns and letting others do our thinking for us.

I'll hear no blind, evil, bigoted, bottle fed crap about 'freedom' and 'the American way' being in danger from terrorists, but you can keep speaking it if you want. Freedom is absolute, just as will and choice are absolute in the human animal. Nobody can take a man's freedom if said man decides he doesn't want to give it up. The American Way of the rich has always been to evade taxes, pillage native people, rape cultures in distant lands and at home, smoke pot, basically disregard any authority that other nations claimed to have while over their native citizens while screwing its own citizens for a quick buck or three at every possible turn..have you looked around lately? The American Way is alive and well, infecting most of America's wealthy and stupid, and in case you don't recognize it as such, the remaining percentage of the people on this landmass see that as a problem. Don't do me any favors, dying for my freedom, I'd rather you took back your own.

If you think the majority of Americans wanted EITHER of the bloated-rich candidates, if they knew they had a choice, your judgement is severely affected. Electronic voting machines that leave no record..combined with candidates even a monkey could find a reason to loathe, I can't believe we even have to debate this. It wouldn't surprise me to find that 52% of America voted for Mickey Mouse. I'll be shouted down in short order, many will likely reply to this thread with 'Get Over It' or something similar, what you don't realize is that I, and many of my fellow countrymen, don't give a rat's rear which puppet you think better represents your 'values.' You have no values, only illusions. I see in your eyes the same moronic obedience exhibited by my dog when he was a puppy, jumping and pawing and yelping over a kernel of bland food, anything, some praise, a thrown stick. Utter trust on a foundation of half wit, adopted thoughts. My dog grew up and matured and became quite inteligent over the years. The same can't be said of many people, who remain willing to eat everything offered up until the moment of death. My dog never watched television, he would look at it when it turned on, turn up his nose or arch an eyebrow, and turn with a huff to walk away somewhere it couldn't disturb him. He ate the morning paper. He, like me, had very good instinct when it came to people who intended to do harm or harbored an unusual, incriminating burden of fear. I can't say any of the preceding positive things about partisan weenies too immersed in their own ego and its pathetically impotent struggle for absolute comfort. My dog would have barked at you all. As a wolf, why don't I herd sheeple? I, like many inteligent life forms, prefer a policy of non intervention, so as not to interfere with the process of evolution. We are a nation infantilized, oohing and ahhing at the pretty pictures without noticing the sucking sound or accompanying two-faced government leech beast attached to your back. We could all run and get our guns, but that would be cheating. What we all should do is endeavor to rid ourselves of our individual leeches, and raise children who are resistant to the leeches teeth. Screw all those too weak to remove their leeches. Call it survival of the fittest, call it necessity, call it fate, I don't care. I call it logic. Use whatever moniker you like for the desire to live and breed successfully.

We don't need to rule the globe. We can survive just fine with a little, old fashioned, american ingenuity. The only problem is, there's no profit in sustainable society. I say to hell with profit, just this once. We don't have to make a habit out if it or anything, after we get our country running like a well oiled, self sustaining machine, maybe we could go mess up some third world nation already on the brink of complete and total starvation. We heart-bearing people could rationalize it as a mercy killing, and you gun wielding, government branded psychopaths can break out your Slayer albums and do some good, old fahioned, American Empire Storm Trooper style wetworks in that impoverished dust-bowl hell-hole filled swarming with flies. You're welcome to that Sub Saharan Eden when you're done, stay there forever if you want, kill each other, piss into the wind, whatever you need to do to excorcise the demon. I don't think there's a place for the insane in a sane society, the only problem is, our society is driving record numbers of people insane.

Anybody who would kill for money when there are well paying jobs available in catering and IT, is deranged.

Anybody who would kill for money out of 'principle' when they could fight fires or drive an ambulance instead, has liberally loose cranial nuts.

Kill for freedom? Who's? Mine you say! That's funny, cause I don't remember hearing any shots in the front yard, I don't recall any donations in your memory to my bank account that I might live more freely in this capitalist paradise farce. I don't remember you swooping in by helicopter to break me out of the alien prison. Was I passed out at the party where you stopped the evil sorcerer from imprisoning me in a crystal prison by heroically taking my place? Nobody can reasonably argue that freedom isn't retained, at all times, by every man and woman. There are always choices in bad situations, desperate, dangerous, miserable or evil as they may be, there are always choices. We are each responsible for our own destiny, we don't need you out there killing for some guy who wants to infringe on that, thanks, though, for your apparent concern for my rights. I hope you're not one of those guys fighting for the rights of the American people when your enemy becomes the American people. That'll be awkward huh? Just a little? There are a lot of places in the world where there are nothing but bad choices in bad situations, but just because America is not like that yet doesn't mean it's not always right around the corner if we stray too far from the rational middle.

C'mon you diehard capitalists, surely you must have enough sense to realize you can't make money when your country dies out from under you or runs away to live on off shore platforms(nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Surely you must realize the tenuous situation the 'powerful' are in, akin to a rich old man looking nervously out across a plantation stretching many acres, occupied three to a yard with disatisfied, misinformed slaves, who are at the moment docile, but prone to rebellion. I think that would be referred to as a Damoclean Sword, no?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Such a day would be better called, "I'm a Weenie and a Sore Loser and I Will Hold my Breath until I Pass Out" Day. Go ahead and bite your nose off to spite your face, or better yet, move to Canada. Canada is heaven, or haven't you heard?

[edit on 05/1/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
this is smart, the most it'll do is hurt other people who make goods, heck most goods we get are imports from poor countries, you wont hurt bush or any company this way, you'll only hurt the poor workers, do you not think before you act?

and actually the less you buy the higher the price goes, or is supply and demand ignored? but i doubt there will be any such effect anyways as most know this.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Not one damn dime for any LIBERAL. Do not go to movies, don't watch ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN or any othe LIBERAL thing. Don't order Domino's pizza, major support of abortion. No "ben & jerrys" ice cream. Don't buy ANY newpaper. Do not go to BLOCKBUSTER or any other video/DVD rental plance.

Not one damn dime for LIBERALS day.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
DrHoracid, your the only abortion I support.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
sorry had to get one lost cheap shoot in there

goodnight rest easy

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I wll make sure to spend extra money on the day of Bush's inaugeration to show my support.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but other than the statement, this will have about nill effect. The next day everything needed will be bought. It's a itty-bitty perturbation in a much bigger picture...it's like a hiccup.

Now, if you could get everyone to:

1. not drive at all for one day,
2. not eat at all for one day,
3. not buy anything for one day and permanently go without what they needed to buy on that day,
4. not heat their house for one day,
5. etc.

THEN you could hurt somebody - although, understanding full-well that there has been a concerted effort to turn humanity against capitalism - I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to effect the economy in a manner that could lead to jobs lost, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up! On "Not one damn dime day", I will make sure to make several purchases. I usually buy stocks on Tuesdays, but this Thursday I will buy some also. I think I will buy some Haliburton stock, it's trading around $41.

www.sharebuilder.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Just remember that the people you are likely to hurt with
a boycott such as this will be at the lower end of the income
spectrum. Waitresses and others that rely heavily on tips to
make ends meet will lose almost a days pay.

I wish I had a 'way above' left for this month to tip you with.
If people suddenly stopped spending money, who do folks
think would get hurt first?? It wouldn't be the people sitting
at the top with their stock portfolios.

An economic boycott on that day won't work. One reason
is because most people in America don't care enough about
politics to commit to joining in that boycott.

Another reason is that most people realize that the inauguration
parties are paid for by private donations. The security may be
payed for by tax money (not sure about that or not), but the
parties are privately donated. So what exactly is wrong with
people spending their own money on what they want? BTW -
I'm sure Kerry would have had a cornonation with parties just
as grand if not more so. Considering the Soros and Hollywood
connections that the Dems have.... money money money.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Don't order Domino's pizza, major support of abortion.

Um ... I'm not so sure about this. The fellow who owns
Dominos is a hard core Catholic who built Ave Maria University
in Naples Florida out of his own $$$. Major millions of $$$.
He wanted an authentic Catholic University for students
(because most nowadays are liberal hell holes). He wanted
it to adhere to Catholic principles ... including no abortion.

Now ... perhaps he sold Dominos and now someone else
owns it? If so .. please let me know because we have been
purposely buying Dominos under the thought that the owner
is a very conservative, pro-life person.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Tom Monahan is no longer the owner of Domino's, he sold out about 5 years ago.
I respect his faith and all, but he trashed the Detroit Tigers when he owned them, put Bo Shembeckler in charge and tried to fire Ernie Harwell.
He'll have some 'splainin to do to God on judgement day for that act.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'll do the no dime day thing, somebody's gotta do it

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Wow, if even 50% of Americas population did that, imagine how much money would be lost to the economy?

How about if 50 americans did it? 50 percent is wildly and unreasonably optomistic.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with money persay. What it has to do with is getting people to show the goverment that they do CARE about what goes on in their country. Not spending money on that day isn't to cripple the gov't...this obviously couldn't happen and it would not hurt any of the small business owners because the day after you go buy what you planned. It's about making a point! A point that the American people are watching and want to be a part of the country which we are not a big part of now. How can you people not see this? I will not purchase on this day and hopefully many others will be part of the solution and not the problem.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As stupid as this is, it really doesn't concern me that people want to try to wreck the economy, but the truth is that most of us buy what we need on a schedule of some sort. So, even if people avoid buying on January 20th, they will either have to stock up in advance or they will have to make up for it later.

Aside from the personal statement, not much will be affected and, in truth, we Americans are consumers. If liberals run out of cigarettes on Inauguration Day, they will be standing in line to buy smokes with the Conservatives.

[edit on 05/1/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
As stupid as this is, it really doesn't concern me that people want to try to wreck the economy, but the truth is that most of us buy what we need on a schedule of some sort. So, even if people avoid buying on January 20th, they will either have to stock up in advance or they will have to make up for it later.

Aside from the personal statement, not much will be affected and, in truth, we Americans are consumers. If liberals run out of cigarettes on Inauguration Day, they will be standing in line to buy smokes with the Conservatives.

[edit on 05/1/17 by GradyPhilpott]

The economy would not be wrecked. Like you said the people will stock up before hand or on the day after which balances the economy. What does happen is that we show our gov't that we the people can get together as one and make a change if the need was there. We always say that things will never work and make excuses to not try them. How do we know they won't work when we won't give it a chance? At some point in time were gonna wish that we had tried something but it will be too late.

By the way I'm not a Bush hater but can't say I'm to pleased at the moment.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you dollmonster for alerting me to this movement and I will definitely not be spending on this day and encouraging everyone else I know to do the same. I just posted on a less enlightened website than this one about this movement, I think this is an excellent idea and appreciate your posting this.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think it would be a wonderfull idea except that one day will not make that much difference. Like said in an earlier post, folks will spend that money the day before or after so its really not doing anything.
Now a week...that would cause some trouble. But again as posted before, too many people are self centered and will shop anyway.
Was a wonderfull idea for the American people outside our government to speak. And to let the whole world know we as a people are against war in any country.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join