It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Damn Dime Day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Not One Damn Dime Day - Jan. 20, 2005. The anti-inauguration!

Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since our political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.

sf.indymedia.org...

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wow, if even 50% of Americas population did that, imagine how much money would be lost to the economy? What would be the effect if every American actually did that on the same day? anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This will not happen because people will always be in the malls no matter what happens and what others are doing you cant stop them! theres a huge 4 level mall here near where i live and people are always shopping no matter what.. im lucky if i go there 5-6 times a year...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just another pipe dream. The Consumer/Capitalist mindset is so ingrained in everyone in the US that 50% of the nation would never go for this, hell 5% wouldnt even do it probably. We have to face up to the very sad fact that those of us who take issue with how things are run are the minority, otherwise something would have been done along time ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lol i dont think anyone would do it it either, nobody has strong enough beleif in anything to act enmass and humans are self serving anyway.

i just want an estimate of the effect if in theory, it was done. just out of curiosity. anyone a financial boffin?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just in case,

I will be making a significant purchase on this day.
Seeing as my bedroom furniture is almost 20 years old.

And my wife called, from a furniture store TODAY, asking me if she could make the purchase. I was reluctant, like usual, and said "let me think about it"

You've convinced me..But, I will wait til Bush's big day. Then cha-ching.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Wow, if even 50% of Americas population did that, imagine how much money would be lost to the economy? What would be the effect if every American actually did that on the same day? anyone?

No loss to the economy. People would just spend it the day before or the day after. The same as the "gas boycott" e-mails that were so popular when prices started rising.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i agree 100% with your plan

i want to create a group with you right now

it is a start

i promise as my duty to the US CONSTITUTION i will have a "not a damn dime day" every other day for the rest of my life

ill drink water from the faucet *its not that bad*
and ill eat some ramen noodles i have stashed in the cabinet

i love your idea
and its an awesome protest

screw the naysayers
they are selfish + self-centered + hateful

the capitalists and politricks want you to think "they deserve that money"

well the D-Day for capitalism is on the horizon
capitalism is just a fad
just like everything else humans did
just a fad

wait until the fad is uncool
like get this,
we are on the cutting edge
"ahead of our time"

because we totally can see why capitalism isnt cool
its unfair indeed

abolish money
its obsolete

hello primitive earth
please hurry up and advance

WHY should capitalists Rape the masses?
oh ya we forgot
Sharing is the Answer
Sharing is Good
Greed is bad if not Evil

I Will Pledge my support to the American FLAG and the True American philosophy of "Not a Damn Dime Day"

lol im loving this

plus if we get rid of rich people the entire human race will advance a hundredfold times faster

rich people are holding the human race back most certainly
why?
1-they waste resources that could be nessasary for future preventing of catasrophies
2- they stifle the economy by sitting on their money

Economy = amount of STUFF being moved around

well, heres the deal
rich people collect ALOT of stuff, or , assets
they collect mega-billion dollar stashes of it
and JUST SIT ON IT
LOL
they are "Misers" :a mean grasping person; especially : one who is extremely stingy with money

well in the economy the rich people keep getting richer
and the poor get poorer
the rich own all the corporations and so they have the poor locked into a trap that is near impossible to escape
TO LIVE WE MUST BUY THEIR FOOD

thru this system; the rich hire you to make their product or sell it back to you for a price that is 10x the original price you were paid to make it

that is why the Rich get Richer!
because they want "PROFIT" or in other words; they want to ROB YOU OF WHATS RIGHTFULLY YOURS

and us stupid people fall for it everyday
heck we cant escape it anymore
to Live, we must Buy

now, why are the Rich destroying the Economy?
well, the more they amass in their vaults,
the LESS stuff there is out floating around in the world

a "Good economy" is one where alot of stuff changes hands
a "Bad Economy" is one where barely anything is traded at all

well if the rich keep pillaging more and stashing it into their coffers
that means the Economy directly suffers as less stuff is traded

so basically; if we make it Illegal to be Rich; and use the US Military to chase down all the rich people and arrest them and then confiscate all the assets into the world gov't to pay for health care, transportation, water/electric, education, science

Profit in all transactions cannot exceed 2% or some reasonable percentage
Limit of wealth - 20million dollars per person *should be plenty for anyone who thinks they "deserve alot of $"

and hey i can hear someone screaming "Die you communist"
well THIS ISNT COMMUNISM im describing
ITS CALLED DEMOCRACY

IM Talking about Institution of a True Democracy in America
we dont need this "Corproate-Influenced Represenative Republic" anymore
its illigetimate
its CORRUPT to the CORE
and we must shift everything into the new way
a New World Order

well
theres 2 NWO's
the "Rich mans NWO"
and the "Poor mans NWO"

The RICH man's NWO is currently in Power today
they control everything

In 100years
the POOR mans NWO will be in total power

and life will be like a box of chocolates on starship enterprise
very democratic and educational
lmao

thank you for baring with me thru my happy ranting about the bright future for Poor People everywhere cuz we will take back power soon
hehehe
rich people have fun while u can because us poor folk are 99% of the population

its Not a matter of IF
its only a matter of WHEN....

**disclaimer**
i am just speculating
stupid long reply oh well

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Right on! Let's celebrate our ignorance of what's going on in the world!

Let's refuse to choose sides!

Let's ignore how we got here! In fact, let's just throw away anything that doesn't agree with our infantile idea of how things ought to be, instead of how they really are.

After all, we're freaking omnipotent, thanks to the blood and sweat of the very same people we piss on.

That's right, listen to us, because our opinions are backed up by the very self same soldiers we defecate on with impunity. But that's okay, because our feces don't stink.

Instead, lets engage in a bunch of masturbatory sophistry from the perch provided for us by the sacrifices of people just like us who bled to death in the mud so we wouldn't have to get our dainty little fingernails dirty.

Let us shout our ignorance from the rooftops and make sure no one in the whole bloody world is oblivious to our self-indulgent arrogance.

It's all about what we think, and don't you dare disagree or the good fairies that guard our sheltered and virginal perspectives will swoop down upon you while we bitch about how crudely they do it.

Speaking as a "baby killer" who served his country to the derision of those who can never see good even when it bites them in the ass, I am gratified -- along with my comrades -- that we did our jobs so well that you can feel so damn self-righteous as to receive the gift we have given you with such arrogance.

In fact, dare I say, I may just put a banner above my computer that says "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".

You're freaking welcome.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
muzzleflash > i hate to bring you into the real world, but the fact is that capitalism is part of the US and wont ever go away. People have replaced god with the dollar and will never stray from the worship of monetary things. We (speaking as the lower class) have been under the heel of the rich since the beginning of recorded history. Kings, Queens, Dictators, all are usally upper crust monied people, because money is how they got into power and its how they retain power. Any idea of ascension above the norm is a pipe dream as I see it, because if change were going to happen it would have taken place long before now. Somehow I think deep down we actually want to be dominated by the rich and powerful, because we never do anything to change things, and at this point I don't think its possible to make the changes.

As much as I hate the rich because they will continually screw me over, I know that in a heartbeat I would cut a deal with my soul as tender and sell out anyone and anything for a slice of that capitalist pie; we all would wether we admit it or not, because what it comes down to is we all want to get ahead and would never give up that golden chance to live a life of luxury for the rest of our days.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just remember that the people you are likely to hurt with a boycott such as this will be at the lower end of the income spectrum. Waitresses and others that rely heavily on tips to make ends meet will lose almost a days pay.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Heaven forbid people actually excercise that freedom you bled to death in the mud (or fired a few rounds down a range) to secure.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Heaven forbid people actually excercise that freedom you bled to death in the mud (or fired a few rounds down a range) to secure.

That's the great thing about America. isn't it? To be able to engage in whatever behavior you want to that isn't against the law.

This boycott will never work because the message will not be spread far enough, and the majority of those who hear it will reject it.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Indeed, that's why the guys with some sack usually don't say a goddamn thing and just suck it down.

For tonight's digression, I take personal responsibility, but I must insist that one Ezra Brooks is an accomplice.

Meanwhile, I don't apologize for expressing my opinion.

I'll be damned if l give up what I gave away.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think the boycott is stupid. If anything people should be targetting specific corporations. At the same time, you should support the freedom to boycott as people please regardless of what you think of it.

This boycott would be about as successful as freedom fries was.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Not one Damn Dime? Please. Our world is run by money and possesions. Even the tribes in the darkest corners of the jungle have had wars in the past to take what is not theirs and claim it their own. It cracks me up reading all this dribble on this site saying, We need to show them!, We need to take (fill in the blank) back! Two things. If you feel that strongly about it go for it! But most of you will sit on your couch and complain to the TV and never do anything about it. God!, Most of this country is FAT, LAZY, AND Out of TOUCH with reality! I keep reading about a revolution, spare me. Second, in my experience people will complain about anything and everything about their lives. If you gave someone a $100 bill, they would complain why it wasnt $200! The people I work with constantly complain about what they don't have, but when you give it to them ie, money, respect, authority, THEY CANT HANDLE IT!. "Normal people taking back the government?"PLEASE. The government has always been made of the elite. ELITE means someone who is above someone else. If you want to be elite you have to work hard for that spot in society. You can take back the government one way, VOTE! This crap about peolpe writing that they are ashamed to be Americans because GW was elected. If you don't like it there are plenty of other countries that would love to have a winey complainer like you as a citizen. We don't need pople like you taking up space for other hardworking pople in this country. Yes I will agree that not all politics and life rules are fair but, life has been like this since time has begun. Everyone keeps saying, "We cant change the middle east, their religion has been embedded in them for generations." That is true. So is the fact that mankind has been run by one rule since the dawn of time. LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!. Am I wrong? Few examples that this is embedded in our societies psyche....Road rage, Express Lanes in the supermarket, EZ Pass my list can go on. People want it easy, if its not, they complain. Frankly I'm tired of hearing about it. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
US is a nation of spenders, that is why we own so much on credit cards, no matter what, people will go on spending, is an American addiction, and is hard to brake.

Regular Americans will spend what they have and what they don't and that is the truth.

Wally world is to addictive, I mean walmarts.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not a damn dime will I prevent myself from spending. Infact, im going to have an economic rally on January 20th. A shop till you drop affair.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Don't bother. Christmas has already been and gone. I'm waiting for the day when the Dollar will be renamed the Christ (pronounced krissed).

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
to Chemkid;
Elitists work hard for their place? You mean like President Bush did? (Maybe Daddy, not junior) I beg to differ but most elitist are born not made. I do agree however with your opinion of the average American. Complacent, self-indulgent, self-absorbed, materialistic and especially lazy. By lazy I emphasize, not wanting to know or get involved, content to live in a "matrix" of lies. Nevertheless, a new wave of enlightened consciousness is growing. First to stoke my curiousity and nurture my social awareness was ATS. Humbled, I remained a silent guest for years before speaking out. So to those of us united in change, I say; "comes the revolution comrade..."

[edit on 1/16/2005 by dollmonster]

[edit on 1/16/2005 by dollmonster]

<<   2  3 >>

join