It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conventional Shampoos Cause Nerve Damage, Memory Loss, and Cancer. Use ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt
a reply to: Mrgone

You are getting a bit old with that link.

Some would say it's bollocks.

golf clap.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I use plain water, but there were several times it became disgustingly greasy during the first 18 months before the natural processes settled down. Now it's in good condition.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone

originally posted by: Parafitt

You are getting a bit old with that link.

Some would say it's bollocks.

golf clap.

Cricket bat !!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Thanks for the input.

There's a lot to be said for plain water . . . wherever it might be found . . . if it's still available at all. LOL.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is some topic related chit chat, with the operative word being topic related…

a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not worried. I dont bathe. Everybody knows that causes leprosy

I met a man in a trailer park once who told me that he showers once a month, whether he needs it or not.

Some times we just see someone using blatantly manipulative sentence structure as CLICK- BAIT and our hackles go up.

I find your use of the language most peculiar and was stuck trying to figure out what "CLICK- BAIT" was. I was going to ask but during a second reading, I was curious why you put "next" in green, and found out what it means. I wish all learning were that simple!

But then I was going to ask what golf clapping was, only I was able to Google that one. We could use an emoji for that, which is also a new word for me.

a reply to: rickymouse

To you and other chemical sensitives, it is frightening how quickly one exposure and reaction to it can sort of set off a volley of other reactions.

After a horrific pesticide exposure, that included OPs (that’s organophosphates, not Original Posters, if that’s what ATS’s OP stands for?) I went through that mysterious syndrome of three phases of seemingly unrelated symptomologies.

But there was an odd onslaught of new exposures with odd reactions when, a few weeks later, we tried to gather and burn the pesticide riddled greenery that had died off. Besides my husband quite suddenly turning beet red with a high fever and going into a semi-coma for the rest of the day, our assistant from work, and an epileptic, had come over to help gather leaves that day and as he turned to wave at me, he went into a Grand mal seizure when some dust from the leaf gathering hit him in the face.

Since I had been inside for most of this, as I was the most affected earlier and was still quite ill, I was still the one left trying to prepare dinner that night, as they were both out of commission for the rest of the day. As I was trying to make one of our “staples” of pork schnitzel, and was coating the meat with some lemon juice, it seemed like suddenly there was an odd stickiness on my hands that I couldn’t wash off. I kept getting an odd residue when I rubbed my hands together. After several attempts at trying to wash it off, I realized that it was actually my skin falling off my hands!

The following day, and days, as I was putting on my make up, I began to itch all over, and again the skin started to come off my hands. It took a short time to realize that I was now being affected by the sheep skin rug that I would sit on, on the floor, as the table I used was too low for a normal chair. I made the link when I went to momentarily move the rug to vacuum under it and immediately my fingers began to itch upon reaching under the skin side of the rug. And then we learned of the products that can remain on wool as a residue, that causes farmers to get something called Sheep Dipper’s Fever.

Perhaps you are being affected by wool in a similar way, but to a lesser extent? I tried to look up and make a link for you folks but I’m afraid I might start another battle here with my linking skills, so please, if you are interested, just Google the words Sheep Dipper’s Fever or variations of that theme, as I do believe that this could be behind many sensitivities to wool.

Happy Sunday, everyone...play nice.

Fishy

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: dreamingawake

Do you have any specifics to watch out for with the supposedly ugly-stuff-free store shampoos?

Main commercial store brand(US) L 'Oréal sulfate free while it has some good ingredients- there are other concerns. See here- Source

Picking one to use depends on the person's needs. Does one want it so their hair color after dying can last longer may want to seek a "salon formula" or for platinum hair a sulfate free -"purple shampoo". To wanting to keep more of the natural hair oils to help prevent over drying.
Some lists that may help when picking a brand to go with; Source1
Source2

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

BTW, the THAI Crystal mineral salts do not currently list the specific minerals. Their earlier bottles did. The specifics were rather boringly very tame stuff. There's NO aluminum in it.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Thanks.

Didn't know that about toxins etc. and Lanolin.

I have just liked the way it left my skin feeling instead of being cracked and dry in the high desert of the American South West.

I always knew it came from sheep's wool.

Not all people have a problem with Lanolin or wool. A higher percentage of Northern Europeans do of course, they did not eat a lot of sheep in the past nor did they collect enough of the fat from the ones in the wild to make soaps out of. They were making soaps out of sheep fats and eating lots of sheep for thousands of years in the Mediterranean/lower Europe area. And probably way before that, that is just how far the written history goes back.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Interesting.

I'm both--Northern European and Med/Middle Eastern, Balkins, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm not much for eating lamb. I have tried it many ways and there is a flavor in it I don't care for. I don't especially care for woodchuck either. Other than those two, I like most fish I have tried, and most other meats if prepared correctly. I didn't mind the earthworms I had at a friends house thirty five or so years ago either, lots of work cleaning them though.

I don't like Figs, Dates, Red wine, cilantro, avocado, or lamb and goat anything. I guess I don't need to be going to the middle east area to visit. Those are the only foods I can say I dislike. I do dislike the way people prepare things many times, but not the raw ingredients.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I use some kind of shampoo that's supposed to keep me from loosing my hair.

Nizoral AD or something. It's for dandruff, but I guess an off-label use is for hair loss.

*shrug*

Life kills you. You are born with an expiration date. I'm not going to run around worried that everything is going to kill me. I just want to live my life and eat my bacon, eggs, use my cancer-causing phone and use my damn shampoo.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Despite all the chemicals, studies show life expectancy in the USA is still slowly increasing. Shampoo bad, vaccinations good. Whatever.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join