It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Assault in Dechmont Woods, Scotland? : Revisiting the Bob Taylor UFO Encounter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Today this case is now 40 years old and still one of the strangest and most baffling UFO cases ever in the United Kingdom.

Sadly I don't think we will ever know what happened now.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes, it's a remarkable case in many ways, not least because even the predictable "It was Venus/Jupiter!" crowd cannot explain the actual physical assault and rips in his clothes.

I assume this police Assault case (by persons... or non-persons unknown?) remains open until resolved, despite the victim's sad passing.

It was an iconic moment when Taylor told his wife on the doorstep that he'd been attacked by a spaceship, and she replied (paraphrasing), "Oooooo nooo, but there cannae be such a thing as spaceships, ma luv" - with that beautifully dry British/Scottish way of expressing the fantastical.

Long may this delicious mystery continue.

PS: If only his dog could have talked!

edit on 9-11-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
Hey Buddy! good to see the post still kicking along. re the 40th Aniv, i was at the lecture by Malcolm Robinson in Deans on Saturday but saddly couldnt get in as it was packed to the rafters!

The event was recorded so hopefully we will get to see this once the recording goes up. As soon as it does i will link it here for everyone to watch.

Supposedly a quite a few from the paranormal group i am in managed to attend and said it was top notch.

Ps, I was talking to Malcolm on facebook not long ago and he said the clothing was going for more forensic testing due to the leaps in DNA research, so heres hoping we find some more clues.
edit on 11-11-2019 by zeetroyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zeetroyman

I was talking to Malcolm on facebook not long ago and he said the clothing was going for more forensic testing due to the leaps in DNA research, so heres hoping we find some more clues.

Interesting news. There were concerns about the DNA on the clothing due to it being handled by so many people, but hopefully these "leaps" in such research will help isolate anything anomalous.

Ordinary explanations are pretty limited in this case. The aforementioned Venus theory (reflected as a form of 'hologram' in the forest that morning) holds little water due to being completely unproven; and the only theories against the ripped clothing and marks on the grass depend on them already being there before the incident occurred.

I doubt Taylor would have failed to notice the rips beforehand, and I'm sure his wife would have told him. As for the grass marks, the caterpillar tracks seem suspicious but there is no accounting for the array of holes around it, and no local firm or nearby machinery seemed responsible. Were the marks already there in the clearing before Taylor arrived? It's a spectacular coincidence if they were, but their provenance would still remain a mystery.

Why did Taylor collapse unconscious for twenty minutes? That seems a massive mystery in itself. My general view of UFOs is that if they are real in a truly anomalous sense and potentially interstellar (or even inter-dimensional), genuine sightings would be very few and far between anyway, ie we need to concentrate on the handfuls of unexplained cases that we are lucky to gain enough information and evidence about to truly ponder such paranormal conclusions.

As is often said, out of the millions of global UFO sightings over 70+ years, only ONE needs to pass the test, even if it's sighted in an unlikely corner of Scotland.

edit on 11-11-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've just discovered this 2019 segment from BBC's 'The One Show' - posted onto YouTube a couple of weeks ago, which ATSers may find interesting.

Ignore the cheesy presenters in the studio, since this includes an interesting re-enactment of this utterly bizarre incident, which remains one of my Top Three UFO cases.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Lets play russian roulette, you shot your blank now my turn

Lets even consider for a moment he was under the influence of drugs whether self induced or accidental

What in his mind made him jump right to #in aliens out of world craft>

here my out...

Santanna a f@ckin legendary classic rock artist at wood stock was trippen hard on acid its well known documented and visually recorded.. When he was playin his guitar he said the # looked like a snake..

So again my reasoning for this is what makes you think this man would legit just jump to Aliens with the evidence presented shaky or not...?

he could have saw unicorns, rainbow kissing tigers.

But he has evidence of a some type of Close Encounter than reports seeing aliens..

Its intriguing real or make fake

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join