It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weeping for Others: Does it Help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A person doesn't always cry for the suffering of others. Usually it is normal, that if someone is sensetive to suffering, he will keep away from its source, and he won't be watching real life/emotional movies or news. Still , for some people crying is a desire, in order to enhance their soul to be spiritually strong. They may find crying as a definite solution for problems, which can be solved afterwards.

Some people just simply turn on emotional music, and fill their heart with strength and love. That will make them see the World in a different way, apart from all the horror we are already in each day.

So it is not a proper description, that you cry only because you are the only good one among all the evil people on this planet. That would be rather selfish thinking. Those people, who don't cry, only if they loose someone they love, still can be generous through their life, they won't be killing each other just because they don't cry.

Still, I think those who have a sensetive soul, should not expose themselves to emotional influence, because too many good can actually turn out to be bad. Also, I think most people know, that crying is sort of private thing. If you cry among others (who you don't clearly klnow), you may expose yourself to future attacks on you, enabling others to feed on you.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I feel deep empathy for others. To the point sometimes I just cannot watch. I was deeply affected by the 9/11 horrors. I watched it all unfold live on TV, saw the second plane hit the WTC and to this day, I just cannot rewatch it.

I do understand what you are saying about taking on other's emotions and feeling it relieves them of some of the hurt. I believe it does. Not all of it or evne a large part of it. But similar to holding someone's hand when they are hurt.

My husband's cousin died right after I met him. I went with him to the funeral. It moved me to the point of tears. It wasn't tears for the person who should have had a long productive life in front of them. IT was tears for the family. The family was in despair over the loss of a beloved child. I could feel the mother's pain. I was 22 then.

There as a girl recently, who did me terribly wrong. She caused me alot of personal pain. YES, I wished ill on her. I am human. She accidentally hit and killed another woman with her car. As much as I disliked her(and boy I did!) I sent her a card of support. I KNOW I lessened her pain. Not all of it, but a very critical part of it. My friends and family were almost aghast I would support someone who had done me such harm. I could feel her pain. It is like I saw the accident and could feel the paralyzing pain and regret.

I do believe that act, brought good things to both of us. Not only that, she moved out of state shortly thereafter!!

So, yes, I do understand what you are saying. I also cannot watch mother's crying over their children or children being in distress. Too painful

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It releases the stress to things you can not control, like weather that creat storms and wake in its path.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I do believe that act, brought good things to both of us.

So, yes, I do understand what you are saying. I also cannot watch mother's crying over their children or children being in distress. Too painful

People don't see others crying or feeling pain all the time. It's not an everyday issue. But if you keep searching on CNN for the worst news every day, it will make you feel bad. And it's not good at all, even knowing that you can't do much about it. Still, crying should be well separated from everyday life, life is not going to help you or your loved ones, if you crumble and cry on the street.

Also, trying to be helpful every time, isn't an option. Leaving the world the way it goes, and only interrupt when you are sure of a solution... that is fine.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I see people in pain daily. People call me to talk to me about their pain. 9/11 was horrible and the Tsunamis were horrible. They are hard to watch and I don't anymore as it doesn't help *me*. It just makes me hurt

Those I am close with, or those that I know, that is the pain that is hard. Even people will seemingly idyllic lives have pain. I am just one of those people that others talk to for support. In my office alone, which only has about 10 people in it, there has been alot of personal pain and tragedy lately.

One person in particular is under such stress, she is down to 89lbs. To have a physical reaction to your life like that is tough. I have been through similar things, so I sit and talk with her, help her carry her pain. When talking to her, I can physically feel it. I leave almost vibrating with it. I know I help her in a very small way.

That is not really a psychic thing, or paranormal. Just human. I do think I take on more emotion than the average person. It is something I am going to investigate further in learning.

Mainly, you don't need TV to see suffering. It is all around us in many forms

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That is not really a psychic thing, or paranormal. Just human. I do think I take on more emotion than the average person. It is something I am going to investigate further in learning.

If people go to you and they talk to you about their pain, probably you talk with them about the solutions, too. Building up too many relations based on trust, can confuse you, and you'll crumble under its weight. I believe, only those people worth listening to, whose pains are real, and possible solution can be executed, too.

In my language, there is an expression: "emotional rubbish bin" ... calling a person, who is emotionally abused continuously without any relief. It is a trap, and when those who you cared for in the past, won't even give you a smile, when things turn out to be good. This is very common, so don't think for a while, that it's a good idea to care for everyone around you. Emotions are very presious, and are not for sale.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Psycopath = Physical inability to feel empathy towards others

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. In fact, my understanding of this definition and its truth is what prompted me to start this thread. It seems to me that psychopathy is the true viral infection that we should all fear. To deaden ourselves to emotion is to die.

It releases the stress to things you can not control, like weather that creat storms and wake in its path.

Well said. It's definately an indulgence in a way. This process I described feels good, as odd as that sounds.

Another book that started me on this path of feeling for others is "Parable of the Sower" by Octavia Butler. This book describes the situation of a girl who lives in post-apocalyptic Los Angeles and tells her story of survival. In essence, she is unavoidably empathic toward others. When she sees someone's pain, she feels it. The problem is, she cannot turn this empathy off. The scene where she has to defend her family by sniping the enemy is unforgettable. She blacks out after she shoots someone in spite of the pain, she has to pick up the rifle and do it again.

This book was another stone on the scales that eventually tipped me toward realizing the supremacy of love. Love cannot be defeated by evil because the healing power of compassion can heal the most evil of persons.

Taking this idea a bit farther, I wonder if perhaps love could affect the so-called Merovingians or whatever you wish to call them. The familial and incestual threads that are so protected by these elites are obviously a poor substitute for someone loving them. Are these souls to corrupt to be embraced and healed? Does a soul reach a point where it cannot be redeemed except through death?

I 'm thinking of the moment where Jesus is on the cross and he tells the criminal to his side that he will be in paradise. Of all the evil I've seen done in the name of Christ (and in the JW's, there's a lot of this evil, hiding child molesters, etc), I keep coming back to a core faith in this man Jesus simply because he never gave up on ANYBODY. It's the image of him asking God to forgive those who were nailing him up and who were abusing him that makes me like him.

There's more to the Jesus story than we realize, but I find it amazing how the Satanists hate him so much for exactly that reason. Aren't they like so many hurt children? Isn't hatred the lowest common denominator? I mean, where can those people go after they've spit on Jesus and mocked him? What happens to you when you have no hope of being rescued or loved by ANYONE?

I believe that if those folks would allow just a single CRACK to appear in their hearts, that love might shine in and heal them, which is what they realy want. They want it more than they want their precious bloodlines, IMO. They just don't know how to ask for love and are afraid of being rejected if they do.

Hmm...

[edit on 16-1-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Vertu, how sad for you. This quote really says alot

Building up too many relations based on trust, can confuse you, and you'll crumble under its weight. I believe, only those people worth listening to, whose pains are real, and possible solution can be executed, too.

People seek me out as I am open to it. Most people aren't looking for a solution, but for a friend. As much as I give, I receive. I have always been amazed how many friends I have when I am in need. How many people are willing to go the extra mile for me.

I have friends that I made in grade school, that are still every bit as close. Never have I been confused by relationships built on trust. That is the BASIS of relationships. Most all people are worth listening to. There may come a time you must stop doing so, if they are sucking you dry emotionally(and some people do) but it isn't that hard to do with the advent of caller ID.

Vertu, your posts always sound so jaded to me. Like people have done you terribly wrong and you have no one you can trust. Being kind to others brings rewards in life. Not always that you can pinpoint either.

All I know is that my life is filled with more kindness than I feel I give out. That is a really great thing

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

People seek me out as I am open to it. Most people aren't looking for a solution, but for a friend. As much as I give, I receive. I have always been amazed how many friends I have when I am in need. How many people are willing to go the extra mile for me.

People are different. You have so many friends, because you never had any trouble in life, and you could establish good friendships without any problem. My life is different to yours, and you shouldn't criticize a person's opinion, that's not a helpful behaviour as you think. I am more aware of a person's deep actions than you, because life taught me to do so. Therefore, I am not extending the word "friend" to the pals, who are only good to hang out with. A healthy person only has a few friends, and he cares for them a lot, and vice versa.

Every person's relationship with others have barriers, and divided into groups. You cannot care for every person near you, because you have no capacity to do that. It's another thing, that you don't know that.

Regarding my popsts: they are resembling a very detailed behaviour, and they also require a detailed mind to comprehend them.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Do not be quick to say I have had no trouble in life. I can read from your POV you have had some really trying times. Some real dissapointments from people. We make our own life many times *in spite* of our personal trials.

Some of the best and kindest people I know suffered from horrific childhoods. The kind that could be a TV miniseries. They like people, they are well liked and do not dwell on what happened. I think sometimes I am more angry at their family than they are.

The friends I have, I have because we have personalities that work. I prefer to only be with people I care about. Whereas my sister, likes to be around alot of people and loves to hang out with alot of aquantainces. There is nothing wrong with either.

When I say "friends" I mean people I am truly close with. I do have friends that may not be as close as others, but those tend to be people I associate with due to work or activities.

I have had my share of bad hands of cards. During those times, there are many people to support me. Just as I support them during hard times.

Back to the topic though. Tears are a way of cleaning out emotions. Happy and sad. I think women tend to be more empathetic than men. Hence, women also allow themselves to cry more. Maybe why we have fewer heart attacks and strokes

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Some of the best and kindest people I know suffered from horrific childhoods. The kind that could be a TV miniseries. They like people, they are well liked and do not dwell on what happened. I think sometimes I am more angry at their family than they are.

Yes, that's common among those who suffer a disturbing childhood. They either become nice and loving, or become horrifying psychos. When I was living in anagramma as young, I had friends who I played a lot with. Now I see many of them begging for food on the streets in their twenties, homeless. After attending primary school, I was given to foster parents who were abusing me for ten years. All their sin was turned to be against them after I managed to stand on my legs, and they collapsed under their selfish nature. Probably there is God, whose strike doesn't miss those, who deserve that the most.

But my life won't be different, it is all well placed on my past, and I will remember that as long as I live.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Smallpeeps,

Perhaps with feeling that you must be strong and show no weakness, you are not able to weep for yourself, even when you need to. To cry for others is not only to feel empathy for them, but to give catharsis ( a purging of the emotions that gives a spiritual release ) to your own emotions and supressed feelings.

This is not a bad thing...(I believe the Greeks wrote their tragedies to give a cathartic release to their audience, a feeling of peace...after a 'good cry'.)

There is also the belief that 'prayers' for the dead and those that are suffering will help alleviate the suffering and assist the dead in finding peace or reaching 'heaven'.....your feelings of empathy for others could work the same way....especially being so 'heartfelt' .

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I feel deep empathy for others. To the point sometimes I just cannot watch.

I am the same way! Especially with children and animals.....innocents. I will not watch shows that depict violence to them and when I hear the horror stories at work of animals abused I am bothered for days by it...yesterday we had several abuse cases, they had been rescued and now have great homes, but the stories upset me. Now, as to whether crying help others...no, I don't think so....it helps the one that is crying, it's like when you cry when someone passes away, you are crying for yourself, they are now better off and feel nothing, we cry because we miss them, we feel for they went through during the dying process....prayer however does indeed help and work.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Perhaps with feeling that you must be strong and show no weakness, you are not able to weep for yourself, even when you need to.

Yeah, it sounded that way in my post, but no, I wouldn't say that's true.

Feeling sorry for yourself is necessary in order to heal your own pains, but it really seems to be the first step on a ladder with lots of rungs. If something horrible happens to me, I'm sure I'll process it, but I honestly feel like I have spent enough time on myself that I can now afford to spend a little more time thinking about others, particularly those who are in pain.

If anybody who is experienced in OOBE techniques would like to U2U me, I would like to ask a few questions. I am trying to learn this skill. My intention is to have a more direct effect along the lines of this post. I feel like if I can move onto the astral plane, I might be able to learn more about this.

In any case, I have become totally convinced that love/empathy/compassion toward other-selves is more rewarding and pleasurable than power/control/heirarchy. I feel like this has taken me some time (lifetimes?) to learn. Not sure. As I type this, I also just woke up from a very powerful dream so I'm probably a bit loopy. :^)

It's exciting when you learn to care. I mean really care.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join