It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I studied the occult or mysticism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LauGhing0ne

Now i just watch while mad men play in a world where magic does not exist

Welcome, now you have become quite the mystic.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I agree with the sub-text of your posts in this thread. Magic, evil or whatever else doesn't have to exist for the *concepts* to be potentially very damaging. That isn't saying 'magic or evil' doesn't exist - I don't know the answer to that.

People can misinterpret events in their lives and begin to attribute qualities of good luck (God loves me, guardian angels protect me) or qualities of bad luck (God hates me, demons are ruining my life, I'm being tested etc). The problem gets worse when the brain starts looking for confirmatory data-points and begins to build a strong case for the interactions of magic and unseen entities.

A good example for ATSers is someone like Paul Bennewitz. He was gas-lighted by AFOSI until he lost his sense of reality and had to be hospitalised. Although he completely believed it was evil aliens, it wasn't at all. A broader example is the number of people who lose large sums of money to 'psychics' and fortune tellers. The 'psychic' plays on their beliefs until they see evidence of magic and the after-life in their daily lives and develop a compulsion to hear more and more...for a price.

I wrote a thread on this a few years ago about how it can be mentally destabilising to venture too far from the path of consensus reality. Obviously people's experiences are different, but I remain convinced there are certain dangers inherent in 'looking into the abyss.' (cue spooky music)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

do you have the link to your thread?

would be nice to read..

I know if i have a discussion i let the person talk first to see which " reality " he lives in.. Im not saying the person is insane, im just letting the person see a glimpse of what it looks outside the dome and it is not heaven..

But the world outside of the dome is where i find my peace, where i know the majority of the world fears..
When you stand outside the dome with both feet on the ground, you start to see how each dome is built, its a fantastic piece of artwork and craft, but if you dont have both feet on the ground you will lose your mind..

I enjoy watching a work of intelligent design, even if that sounds weird.. Try to tell people that hope and faith is more important than ideals of something we can never be..

Teach your kids love, if you cant teach love then let religion teach them it..

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Malevolent...you got the right answer above!

Answer: The marble is still a marble after being shattered and scattered in a thousand pieces and directions. It..like the soul...or at the death of it in comparison...just changes form and never really goes away.

Still there...still a marble...only in a different form. As in life and death. We never go anywhere upon our earthly demise. We have just changed form.

The mystic sees a person in front of them as a present solid creature. But at the same time see who its was, and who or what they will become after-life.

*Check your inbox, Malevolent

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You: "Well, the point you are making is a new age movement".
A. Incorrect. Nothing "new age" about it. In fact the opposite.

You: "Soul is a cultural norm within a religious state".

A: Incorrect. A cultural norm? There are those who have no religion,nor accept the soul is any such thing. You may. I may. But many others do not...nor support religion, within or out of any "culture". Yet, they obviously have a spark, a light, a soul if you will..that makes them "here". What happens after that...is the real subjection."

To be a "mystic" or to be an "occultist"...are 2 vastly different things. I would suggest some studying of the Esoteric..or the meaning(s) of the greater "ALL' or "ID' or the wonder of the universe being a small part of a much larger one, and that part of a larger one, part of another...and another...beginning to past to current to future.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LauGhing0ne
a reply to: angeldoll

Most of us are very susceptible to anything that acts on a natural conditioning.. The reality you portray on a blank slate will be filled with whatever you choose to fill it with, in philosophical terms its called "tabula rasa". Everything we are taught only exists within this paradigm.. Inside the dome, you will be considered a mad man.. Outside the dome you can create the magic within the dome.

Sorry, but you are stating the obvious to most of us. I never felt the need to go down a rabbit hole to figure that out.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ill swap my beliefs since you have a dogmatic truth about the world and ask you a question instead;

There is a water hole in the middle of the desert, it can only hold a family of four it nourishes that family of four each day, without it they would day in a single day.

Another family of four comes they ask can we share the whole, and those who were their first says;" Its ours find another "

Instincts kicks in, the reptilian cortex each of us have, whispers;" Kill them " So they fight and they all die, the water hole is still there, a flower bed grows on their corpses.

Did this have a higher purpose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join