It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micro-chipping - Coming to a supermarket near you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

While you might be able to avoid it, if you pet has an accident that involves going to the vets then you will be found out. Plus I expect there will be a clause added to your pet insurance to say no chip, no payout.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

I read a article by a vet in April about the fiasco this chip is causing in the industry , He said that their was different types of readers available and they were not picking up the tags in his own pets .

And most of the vets would be scared to report any of their clients for fear of losing them and the repercussions for being a grass

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I imagine any self respecting veterinarian would be at quite the moral crossroads as to whether or not to enforce such a scheme considering the implications regarding the animal. And as to pet insurance, i have had dogs all my life and never taken out insurance, same with many other people i imagine.

At the very least this will be a bureaucratic nightmare to enforce.

IMHO we should leave the poor animals as god intended and implement a scheme where technology such as this may actually be of some service or benefit to the public, chip the real beasts aka sex offenders and kiddie fiddlers.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you chip criminals you would have to think what happens if a person is subsequently found to be innocent? Would they remove the chip once its gone in? I would think our expensive and oversubscribed prisons would give a good excuse to introduce chips.

independent - prisoners-to-be-chipped-like-dogs

instead of being contained in bracelets worn around the ankle, the tiny chips would be surgically inserted under the skin of offenders in the community, to help enforce home curfews. The radio frequency identification (RFID) tags, as long as two grains of rice, are able to carry scanable personal information about individuals, including their identities, address and offending record. The tags, labelled "spychips" by privacy campaigners, are already used around the world to keep track of dogs, cats, cattle and airport luggage, but there is no record of the technology being used to monitor offenders in the community. The chips are also being considered as a method of helping to keep order within prisons.

From the same article:

The US market leader VeriChip Corp, whose parent company has been selling radio tags for animals for more than a decade, has sold 7,000 RFID microchips worldwide, of which about 2,000 have been implanted in humans. The company claims its VeriChips are used in more than 5,000 installations, crossing healthcare, security, government and industrial markets, but they have also been used to verify VIP membership in nightclubs, automatically gaining the carrier entry – and deducting the price of their drinks from a pre-paid account.

And this is just the stuff of nightmares

One company plans deeper implants that could vibrate, electroshock the implantee, broadcast a message, or serve as a microphone to transmit conversations.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I know its a slippery slope mate but beasts are a little more destructive than your everyday criminal, there known whereabouts at any given moment could indeed save lives.

As your are probably already aware we are already theoretically chipped, monitored and microphoned anyways as long as you have a mobile phone, which is pretty much 99.9% of the UK population these days.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe it will cut down on the number of people who abandon their animals, which is despicable by the way. I hope they fine the crap out of them!

More than 47,500 dogs were abandoned by their owners in the UK last year, figures from the Dogs Trust suggest.

And yeah, no microchip, auto elimination of the animal?

We don’t often see them wandering the streets, but at any given time there are more than 100,000 stray dogs in the UK.

I microchip my animals because I want to be able to find them if for some reason they become missing. It's not like you can call their friend's and ask if they've seen them. You can't call their cell phone and ask them if they're lost. I think it's a good idea.

People on the other hand, no. If micro-chipping ever becomes mandatory, I'm sure there will be some cult/club/religions exempt. In that case, I will be joining said group in order to evade the new law.

edit on 4-6-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I find it very inhumane to be chipping anything.

I disagree with a mandatory chipping of anything that is a living breathing creature.

Sure it can help identify the owners but they shouldn't be held responsible for any wrong doing if they were to escape. Again they are living breathing creatures. Of course they want to escape. If they do any action whilst they have escaped it shouldn't be blamed on the owners for their escape. Animals escape their owners once every 20 minutes. Even if it is just for a few minutes. They are living beings. They are going to escape.

So I am completely against theandatpry chipping of animals. I hope this doesn't come stateside. If it does it will only open up a new market for fraudsters, and people aiding in fraud.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They didn`t spend a lot of time and money developing these chips and the support infrastructure for them just so that when fido gets lost it will be easy to find him. There`s no money to be made in tracking lost pets,they developed this chip system for a different reason.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Pets on military bases in the U.S. are required to be chipped as well. Found that out from friends who lived on post, years ago. There is also talk of having people voluntarily get a chip that can include medical data, "just in case of an accident", of course. Next will be using them instead of debit and credit cards.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You do know that guns are not even banned in Sweden anyway?

You just need to get a licence from the police. Any law-abiding citizen over 18 in Sweden can own a gun.

Not everyone views the USA as tge ideal society and not everyone wants to be like the USA. Why dont you keep your gun culture and let sweden keep there ways of doing things.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You do know that guns are not even banned in Sweden anyway?

You just need to get a licence from the police. Any law-abiding citizen over 18 in Sweden can own a gun.

Not everyone views the USA as tge ideal society and not everyone wants to be like the USA. Why dont you keep your gun culture and let sweden keep there ways of doing things.

What does that have to do with microchipping?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join