It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'll tell you why...because when I was a kid I wanted to be...

A ninja...
A shaolin monk...
An astronaut...
A pilot...
A solider...
A policeman...

The list goes on...you might not have noticed this but kids go through lot's of phases. I'm glad my mother wasn't stupid enough to play moron roulette with my mentality when I was developing...he wants to be James Bond...that'll do. Yes, son...you actually are - James Bond, it's official!

Art is of cultural and historical importance, every civilised society, and even some that are not - have some form of art.

An artist is a viable vocation, being transexual or confused about your gender is not.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

If a child has some behaviour issues we don't expect the rest of the kids to adapt to that we correct it. Promoting this as normal to impressionable children isn't the answer it will perpetuate the problem.

I see far more gender confused children in future...if it's such a horrible affliction, if it's so terrible to feel like the opposite to what you are then why in the name of god would you want it to get worse in future?

You care about kids' feelings and want to help them supposedly...by perpeturating somethign that is sooo terrible.

We might aswell promote ADHD as a natural state or condition...yeah, instead of correcting the behavioural or psychological cause of this, all other kids will have to adapt. It's normal.

Selfish...people are being selfish because they want what they want, and all that matters is me, right here, right now.

Nothing to see here.

And how do we correct it, since you seem to be such an expert in gender dysphoria? No one has said it was normal to have gender dysphoria, but it IS a real condition. Ignoring it won't make it go away. Chances are some kids are going to see someone or know someone or work with someone who has it. Instead of it being this big mystery that no one understands, why not learn something?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm not claiming to be any such thing, in fact I'd say that you and a few others in support of this are purporting to be the experts.

I think it's something that needs to be studied more, I don't think the healthy way to tackle any problem is to actively promote it because that's stupid.

I thinkt he more people pretend this is fine, the worse it will get and we'll be nowhere nearer to helping these people than we are now because we decided first to waste time playing silly buggers and allowing the problem to fester.

I am no expert on this subject whatsoever, I don't think anyone here is.

I think some people have issues with being real about this because they have something invested in it. I don't, I'm quite netural. I know no trans folk, I don't really care.

What I do care about is the future, I have family, there are children. I don't think they need this - because believe it or not, I'm not arguing for selfish reasons, quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

No...I don't think that, that's absurd. Explain to me how, in any way, showing pictures like that would help in this regard?

More stupid, irrelevant arguments from someone educated by a friend.

You are beyond the truth, you're so corrupted by personal interests that you've opted for deceit and dishonesty.

You might try to get out of your own head, and try to understand exactly what is posted.

Interpretation is not your friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What I can say for a fact, any sane, observant person can say - is that there is a definite increase in certain lifestyles, that it's more prevalent and mainstream.

Certain things have been clearly normalised in the media over the last 20 or 30 years, and there's a notable change in societal norms.

I cannot deny it, to deny it would be to tell myself a lie...and I'm not trans anything enough to live such an obvious lie.

There are some strong influences at play, and they have been very successful. the only logical conclusion is that this is going to get worse, there's a clear pattern emerging.

I'm out.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

I have some knowledge about it because I have researched gender dysphoria. Have you?

There are many research studies regarding the causes and treatment of gender dysphoria. While the exact cause is not known, more recent studies have evidence that it is something that happens in utero, or at least that's a large component. Not psychological, but neurological development in the womb.

There are also many research studies providing evidence that hormones and surgery along with therapy is the best treatment for gender dysphoria so far. They keep researching it, so they may find another solution someday, but today. this is all we got.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Child abuse.

Child abuse would be denying a trans child to be who they are.

Child abuse is segregating a trans child in school by forcing them to use a facility different then their peers.

Child abuse is pushing the transgender lifestyle on millions of innocent children every day in school just so that a very minority population can feel "comfortable". It's insanity to do this and you don't even see it for your own bias and sense of victimhood.

Do you really think you are that important?

Its not about the children, its about YOU. YOU can't accept it.

Children don't care. They are very accepting - - - unless their parent teaches them hate.
Omg Annee you are so off base. This is not the least about me. It's pathetic I hit such a nerve on the child Abuse thing you have to accuse me of selfishly thinking of myself.It is you who refuses to see that the entire idea about what's good for the masses of children turns out to be more abusive than helpful and this sick twisted agenda is being presented as an anti bullying program and now as a general health science program. You just go on trying to convince everybody that corrupting millions of children is worth it. I would also point out that the government has no problem experimenting on the innocents with sick and twisted mind control programs like monarch and mkultra. Get a clue Annee because your soul will be sick when you finally come to the realization of it.
Oh and you also blew your own cover as the anti bullying thing is supposed to stop other kids from bullying trans but now you are telling that the kids are all fine it's just the fuddy duddy old parents issue. So after all it's really not for anti bullying it's to indoctrinate everyone and force parents to accept this authoritarian rule.
edit on 6-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

An artist is a viable vocation, being transexual or confused about your gender is not.

But working in a medical field to help people with conditions like gender dysphoria is.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But working in a medical field to help people with conditions like gender dysphoria is.

We learn general art in school, and then later on in HS and College we are allowed to start selecting where we would like to go with it SPECIFICALLY.... Not everyone who does art will like hyperrealistic art so that is when we are allowed to persue beyond GENERAL art.

Medical and Biology are already being taught. Then in college they get to pick EXACTLY the feild they want to be in ONCE they have passed the BASIC requirements.

I'm really not sure why this is a hard concept.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

And we can learn gender as a GENERAL subject (as a small part of the larger health curriculum) in elementary school, which gets more specific and complex in high school.

Why is that a hard concept?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Child abuse.

Child abuse would be denying a trans child to be who they are.

Child abuse is segregating a trans child in school by forcing them to use a facility different then their peers.

Child abuse is pushing the transgender lifestyle on millions of innocent children every day in school just so that a very minority population can feel "comfortable". It's insanity to do this and you don't even see it for your own bias and sense of victimhood.

Do you really think you are that important?

Its not about the children, its about YOU. YOU can't accept it.

Children don't care. They are very accepting - - - unless their parent teaches them hate.
Omg Annee you are so off base. This is not the least about me. It's pathetic I hit such a nerve on the child Abuse thing you have to go on the personal attack mode.

No, you did not hit a nerve. The brick walls are just getting annoying.

Of course its about you and your thinking.

What else would it be about?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And we can learn gender as a GENERAL subject (as a small part of the larger health curriculum) in elementary school, which gets more specific and complex in high school.

Why is that a hard concept?

There is...it's called Biology as I already explained

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Health is not the same thing as biology. Do I need to explain the difference?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm also not the only person calling this what it is.
www.charismanews.com...
wizbangblog.com...
Don't forget that I have been through the Montwssori teacher training program and had a personal interview with madam Elizabeth Caspari. I know what an advocate for the child is and thus transgender Ed program isn't it!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I like xuenchen's little hate threads. He must be strong on the internet in many hate groups, browsing hate sites. His different point of view and many threads with little or nothing to back them up adds a little spice to this message board.

Keep up the swirl xuenchen

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's about cultural Marxism and radical government indoctrination.regular parents know this is wrong just like the whole Common Core is "rotten to the core"

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Being condescending is going to make me want to listen to you. I'm fully aware of Health class and Biology class and we have both...in high school.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

www.charismanews.com...
wizbangblog.com...
Don't forget that I have been through the Montwssori teacher training program and had a personal interview with madam Elizabeth Caspari. I know what an advocate for the child is and thus transgender Ed program isn't it!!!!

There is more then one kind of Montessori school. There was a split awhile back on methods/direction.

As mom of an ADD kid and grandmother to a high functioning Autistic - - there is not a school program I have not investigated.

But, that's off topic.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

www.charismanews.com...
wizbangblog.com...

There is more then one kind of Montessori school. There was a split awhile back on methods/direction.

As mom of an ADD kid and grandmother to a high functioning Autistic - - there is not a school program I have not investigated.

But, that's off topic.

Annee as long as you continue to insult me with remarks that my position is a mere selfish pursuit I have a right to defend my position. There is no
Montessori split which would advocate this type of indoctrination.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Being condescending is going to make me want to listen to you. I'm fully aware of Health class and Biology class and we have both...in high school.

"I'm not really sure why this is a hard concept" is not being condescending? I give as good as I get.

You against studying health in elementary? Because they have had health curriculums in elementary/middle school for a long, long time. P.E. is part of health. Sex ed in middle school is part of health. It's a large curriculum that covers a wide range of topics.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join