It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: kaylaluv

We learn about HUMAN history. Excluding someone's race history would be racist. We learn about history of all the races. So it's not exclusionary.

It's not exclusionary to talk about genders either. We all have 'em.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The idea that gender is a social construct is a pseudo-scientific fantasy. They shouldn't have the right to teach this to students any more than they should be able to teach creationism.

Furthermore, the idea that anyone should just pick and choose their gender is ridiculous in the extreme. This is social engineering and propaganda. The notion that you can choose your gender and your sexual orientation is bull#.

This is part of the agenda, just more relativism to add division and confusion to society.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Acknowledging that gender is what it is defined to be is a complex social engineering project.

OR ...

It's just updating curriculum to reflect the opinions of the medical and psychiatric communities, legal precedent, etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Oh dear, sounds like you need to go to a class. You don't just "choose" a gender, nor do you "choose" your sexual orientation. Both of those happen in the brain's hard wiring. See, this is the kind of stuff that people are so clueless on.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, I go away for a while and come back to find that I'm literally in the twilight zone.

There are fine lines between education, psychological programming and indoctrination.

I think kids should be taught a minimum of sex education (as my generation was) at appropriate ages, with parental involvement and concent. What is proposed here is so far over the top it seems like some twisted fiction written for perverts.

I'm so happy all of my kids are grown and on their own, and they got there without having to go thru something like this.

Leave the kids alone!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

We learn about HUMAN history. Excluding someone's race history would be racist. We learn about history of all the races. So it's not exclusionary.

It's not exclusionary to talk about genders either. We all have 'em.

I think that's the funny thing here that so many seem absolutely ignorant of.

We all have gender identity, much like we all have sexual orientation, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, creed, etc.

"All this gender identity stuff is just crazy ... I'm a MAN that thinks I'm a MAN."

LOLOL

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What a way to speak for them huh?? Anyone out here identify as queer??? Does kaylaluv's representation of all of you out there accurately represent how yall believe and behave?? Or Gryphon for that matter??

Maybe thats why they mad huh?? All of the gay and trans people already know how they all think so we just need to accept your narrative. I want to hear a Queer person's interpretation, because if the likes of yall are trying to cast them off, then there must be a disagreement somewhere that I wont understand from reading Wikipedia.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I'm just going by your Wiki link:

Queer people, particularly queer people of color, began to reclaim queer in response to a perceived shift in the gay community toward liberal conservatism, catalyzed by Andrew Sullivan's 1989 piece in The New Republic, titled Here Comes the Groom: The Conservative Case for Gay Marriage.[9] The queer movement rejected causes viewed as assimilationist, such as marriage, military inclusion and adoption.[10]

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
What a way to speak for them huh?? Anyone out here identify as queer??? Does kaylaluv's representation of all of you out there accurately represent how yall believe and behave?? Or Gryphon for that matter??

Maybe thats why they mad huh?? All of the gay and trans people already know how they all think so we just need to accept your narrative. I want to hear a Queer person's interpretation, because if the likes of yall are trying to cast them off, then there must be a disagreement somewhere that I wont understand from reading Wikipedia.

Kayla's not LGBT.

Do you think you're some kind of model spokesperson for your side??? LOL. "The likes of y'all"?

Also notable ... you think you're going to understand people by reading Wikipedia?

Who is demanding that you or anyone else accept any narrative. You make comments in an open forum, people respond.

Do you have to believe everything you read?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Oh my... how are you gonna reply to my post like this? That was the whole point of my post..

F*ck me..

Don't disagree with me by agreeing with everything I said.. what the f*ck.. that's not how it's supposed to go. Are you familiar with the concept of discussion, arguing and debate? Maybe you're the one that needs a class, badly.

You don't deserve to use the word clueless you know.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just find it convenient that one side now ostracizes the other because they did not fall in step right behind the rest of the narrative.

Maybe you all should listen to the Queers and stop trying to corrupt existing institutions. They seem to be getting along better than the rest of the LGBT it seems. I don't ever hear someone identifying as Queer trying to force changes upon society, and is probably the only reason I can see as to why I rarely ever see that letter grouping anymore.
edit on 6/5/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Why can't they just be educated on gender identity issues in society rather than be forced to conform to this agenda?

So disturbing.

Why can't black history month get this much attention? It's actually an important topic of education.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Frankly your posts don't make a whole lot of sense, so I'm going to just refuse to engage with you any further.

Buh bye.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
No agendas are being forced on the "youths" ... humans have gender identities.

Acknowledging that fact may create a generation that isn't as steeped in utter ignorance as the current ones seem to be.

Fact? You mean "pseudoscientific theory" don't you? Do you have even a shred of physical evidence to support your claim?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There's something suspect about a man this well read on a subject this gay.

Something unpalatable about it. Like some whiny activist type completely consumed by the latest equality craze.. "OH! You just don't know trans this, identity that, gender, sex, trans, intersectional, queer..." So many cool buzzwords for you guys to use.

I mean.. "LOLOL"

It's so very, very gay.. and I don't mean that as an insult at all.

Just, an abundance of gaiety here. "LOLOL"

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I just find it convenient that one side now ostracizes the other because they did not fall in step right behind the rest of the narrative.

Maybe you all should listen to the Queers and stop trying to corrupt existing institutions. They seem to be getting along better than the rest of the LGBT it seems. I don't ever hear someone identifying as Queer trying to force changes upon society, and is probably the only reason I can see as to why I rarely ever see that letter grouping anymore.

Who is being ostracised? You're claiming that because some folks say LGBT and some LBGTQIGX and some GLBT and some some other set of letters this represents some sort of universal action on the part of a community?

Wow, you're really reaching here.

You're dishonestly misrepresenting something you apparently know nothing about besides what you've read on Wikipedia, and have no interest in discovering the truth of.

This is a thinly veiled attempt to spout your own silly rhetoric under the aegis of "Queers", which you not only know nothing about, but aren't interested in learning about.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

They're very straightforward you know.

Here, let me help you. I said you cannot just decide your gender or your sexual orientation.

You reply to me disagreeing, but actually agreeing by saying you cannot just choose your gender or your sexual orientation.

Understand me now? Or do you want me to hold your hand? I understand this little conundrum seems complicated in the extreme to you, you think it would be easier if I drew you pictures or used simplified English?

Oh, the brightness............
edit on 5-6-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Typo..

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Double post..
edit on 5-6-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Double

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Gryphon66

There's something suspect about a man this well read on a subject this gay.

Something unpalatable about it. Like some whiny activist type completely consumed by the latest equality craze.. "OH! You just don't know trans this, identity that, gender, sex, trans, intersectional, queer..." So many cool buzzwords for you guys to use.

I mean.. "LOLOL"

It's so very, very gay.. and I don't mean that as an insult at all.

Just, an abundance of gaiety here. "LOLOL"

Who are you referring to? Me? You find me suspect and unpalatable? LOL. Fine. *tear*

That's irrelevant and meaningless in terms of the discussion here. I have more tact and more respect for our community than to tell you what I think of you.

Perhaps anyone intersted in equal rights should adopt your mode of activism, which seems to be mostly to blather nonsense and insult others?

Sorry that some words and terms confuse and irritate you. If I can be helpful in explaining anything to you, just ask.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Gryphon66
No agendas are being forced on the "youths" ... humans have gender identities.

Acknowledging that fact may create a generation that isn't as steeped in utter ignorance as the current ones seem to be.

Fact? You mean "pseudoscientific theory" don't you? Do you have even a shred of physical evidence to support your claim?

Are you a man or a woman?

You don't even have to tell the truth. Just offer an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join