It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama commutes sentences of 42 prisoners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

This just goes to show that even a crappy, idiotic president does something right every once in a while.

I think there are too many laws that assault the regular people in the US.

Yup even Nixon did some ok things.

To be fair i think obama did always mean well. Just he ended up a puppet of TPTB. And ended playing the political game badly.

Wouldn't call him the worst president the USA ever had but probably the most incompetent and inexperienced one.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Wouldn't call him the worst president the USA ever had but probably the most incompetent and inexperienced one.

I would.

WORST President ever.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Not overdoing it. It should be 100x more.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I would.

WORST President ever.

Ok thats your opinion.

But from a historical and statistical point of view he is pretty meh. S

Apart from the ACA most the crap he has done was built on the foundations and patterns what Bush's (jr ans senior ), Clinton and Reagon administrations did .

All he has been is a puppet president.

All he is, is a incompetent accessory to the USA's problems not the evil mastermind.
edit on 4-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Lets put it another way

If Hillary gets in or another mainstream RINO republican you will likely be wishing obama back because they will just end up following the same downward slope.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

True just my opinion.,

All he has been is a puppet president.

Don't believe in the puppet theory.

Only strings I have seen get pulled is the American peoples.

Never before in this nations history are we at the edge of tearing each other apart.

What's coming thanks in large part to Obama is going to make the 60s pale in comparison.

Between the cops getting shot on the street. The Occupy movement where some people need to lose their heads.

The racial tensions have escalated as we saw in Ferguson, and BLM.

We have seen what's been going about with Trump protestors.

We have seen the middle east turn in to an absolute snip storm that has reached out across the globe.

We're at over 20 trillion in debt. We have the coming climate wars, they are pushing the sex wars.

Never been a worse time to be an American.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
edit on 4-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: neo96

Lets put it another way

If Hillary gets in or another mainstream RINO republican you will likely be wishing obama back because they will just end up following the same downward slope.

That would be the day hell froze over.

On his final day?

I am gonna get snipped face drunk, and do the happy dance.

Then prepare for the next war.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Until he releases every single "offender" whose only offense was a victim-less crime, he's not overdoing it. Until the stupid "three strikes" law railroaded through by Republicans who love to invest in the private prison system gets repealed, it is up to presidents and governors to do the right thing.
It is past time to empty out the prisons of people put there for victim-less crimes and make room for the politicians and banksters whose victims are real and have honestly been injured by those seeking only money and power.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Never before in this nations history are we at the edge of tearing each other apart.

Sorry neo you kinda might want to correct that.

You did have this little teeny tiny thing called the civil war. Would kinda class that as tearing each other apart,

Look im not saying Obama was a good president or even a passable one. Just not the worst.

The ME mess, economy and the debt was set in motion in 1980's obama just ONE of five presidents that need to face prison for that. Well four seeing as Reagon is dead.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
That said, if they also have a history of other crime (property/person) I don't think they should.

If the crime they're doing time for involves property/person, I can agree. But, I don't believe you 'keep' a person in jail if they've cleaned up their act. You damn sure don't let 'em wither away on a personal damned drug charge. Dealers ... let 'em rot ... unless they prove they paid their taxes.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks Obama

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We really need to stop attacking Obama for everything he does! This is something that should have been done a long time ago! There's way too many drug users who have been locked up along side hardened criminals. Instead of locking them up, they should have been mandated to receive drug counseling and rehabilitation. Instead these addicts may be influenced by these hardened criminals to commit crimes they normally wouldn't contemplate of getting involved in. It's well known that drugs are passed and smuggled throughout the correctional system. This can only create more of a problem for these non-violent addicts and increase their reliance on other more dangerous drugs.

Our jails are overcrowded with non-violent offenders.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Good point about tax evasion.

That's all non-violent and victimless too !!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, if they're in jail for dealing, their "taxes" were probably "paid" by the stuff and money that was seized by law enforcement. In our region they take the car if the crime of having a pound of weed is found in the car. They take any cash the perp has on his/her person then get a warrant for the home and go there and seize whatever takes their fancy. Any firearms are taken. Ammo as well.
It is way past time to declare the War on American Citizens aka the Drug War, over and turn the funding presently going for its ever-expanding budget toward the areas of heath care. Decriminalize drugs and begin telling the truth about all drugs. Addiction treatment for any substance should be available to the indigent. Direct all those folks who are in the smoking cessation business over to the drug and alcohol addicts. Declare the non-smoking campaign a grand success and tackle the next problem---heroin and opiate addiction.
If Mr. Obama truly wants to make a difference in the way we operate as a society, he'll use that phone and pen to end the war on drugs and re-direct that money to cleaning up the messes that the Drug War has brought us.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OP, you are desperate

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I'm concerned that President Obama may release a bunch of potential terrorists from Guantanamo. Someone here on ATS said that President Obama "pen pals" with some of the Muslim extremists there.

Would those prisoners be flown to Chicago, New York, or some other Sanctuary City, given a $1,000, and turned loose?

Here's a summary of the prison sentences President Obama has made null-and-void, as of October 6, 2016.
www.usatoday.com...

At 774 commutations as of October 6th, President Obama surpassed the past 11 Presidents combined.

-cwm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join