It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps "African American" not offended.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: olaru12

I think the offensive part was when Donald claimed ownership of the Black guy.....as in MY African american....

Would you infer slave-like ownership if he said "my Irish supporter"?

No. The thought wouldn't even enter your mind. You're looking for things to play identity politics with.

And it makes me wonder who the real racists are.

I think there is a huge racial component to Trumps campaign. Trump isn't stupid, he knows how to appeal to a targeted demographic without overt racism, but it's certainly implied.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Trump always justifies his foulness by saying, it doesn’t matter I offend minorities I’m going to bring, jobs, jobs, and jobs.

Not even considering that he can’t do this magically, one has to consider the fact that Hitler brought jobs, jobs, and jobs back as well to Germany too, and in the end it wasn’t worth it to elect Hitler.

And believe me, it isn’t worth it to elect Trump, based on promises from a man who has lied and lied and lied.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So, no answer to the question, then? Only deflection?

Typical. And tiresome.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Oh, look at my African-American over here

Adding the word supporter would make a difference - don't you think? But, he didn't

Would you infer slave-like ownership if he said "my Irish supporter"?

No. The thought wouldn't even enter your mind. You're looking for things to play identity politics with.

And it makes me wonder who the real racists are.

Why should he bother - you answered for him. You're not actually interested in any of this anyhow. None of it bears up under scrutiny

Lord Drumpf says things - does his crew need to interpret? Words mean things. Even if he is losing his mind, what he says is coming right off the top. It's natural for him

edit on 6/4/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

He was speaking to his own supporters. He wasnt encouraging the protesters to be violent and they are the only ones being violent. His supporters were smart enough to figure out he wasnt being serious. The protesters who are doing this are just fools looking for any excuse to be evil. It probably has more to do with poverty and depravity than politics.

A lot of these protesters arent even American Citizens, and they see Trump putting an end to their free ride. I even saw videos where they were shouting "Make California Mexico again".

Sorry Tdawg meant that to go to gladtobehere.
edit on 4-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Trump is not an idiot. He meant to cause trouble here.

To say “look at my AA” is a term that connotes possession of his African American. Which is abominable to say to an AA.

NOBODY who grows up in America doesn’t understand you don’t refer to black people in such a way with the history we have.

Trump is a diabolical evil man, imo.

He should have said “Look at my African American supporter”

The difference of one word means a hell of a lot.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Everything he,said in that speech. Incoherent babbling and ranting punctuated by lies and name calling. He's a total bafoon.
UNFIT to be president

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why would he be. He's running for congress and free publicity free publicity. Trump taught us that.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

It's the possessive MY that makes it offensive. Just because the guy isnt offended does not mean the statement wasn't offensive.
Mr Cheadle is running for a GOP seat in congress. How could he not support trump? In his support he's willing to overlook this. We've seen this blind loyalty from our own members. Why is anyone surprised that he said it's okay to say that.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

No one said slave ownership but funny how your mind went there just like everybody else's. So obviously it sounds like it to you too.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Gryphon66

Brilliant and original.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Thanks.

Is the fact that "liberal" and "conservative" can replace each other in your diatribe important at all, do you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is not an idiot. He meant to cause trouble here.

Ah, but we can't point out the obvious can we? That the Trump Campaign keeps chosing venues in the heart of districts that are culturally focused around Latinos (or Blacks) ... or that there's always multiple cameras there ready to document everything from multiple angles ... right at the point of violence?

Nah. Then we'd be reminded that Trump has the right to speak wherever he wants.

He just happens to want to speak in volatile areas ...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: misskat1

Liberals get upset if you don't get offended at the slightest thing these days. If you are a minority or female you have even more pressure to 'be offended' by whatever the agenda of the day is for these fools.

Just live your life and ignore the liberal bluster.

can't wait for Obama to point to a person in a crowd, and yell out..."hey, there's my whitey redneck!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just to be clear, I wasn't offended at all at what Trump said. I don't think he meant it in any kind of ownership way. I just think he's completely clumsy and not at all graceful about what he's saying. He DOESN'T think. He "speaks his mind" and this is the kind of thoughtless ramblings that go on in his head... Not worth being offended about, IMO. Get offended about black people getting shot by cops in large numbers, gay people getting fired and refused business for their sexuality, but don't waste your offense on some stupid guy saying something stupid.

And on the other hand, why do so many (on the right) care so passionately what these so-called "SJWs" think, feel or say? No one has answered that yet...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
That the Trump Campaign keeps chosing venues in the heart of districts that are culturally focused around Latinos (or Blacks) ... or that there's always multiple cameras there ready to document everything from multiple angles ... right at the point of violence?

I read he's coming to Albq... Exactly what you're talking about. He doesn't need New Mexico, but he's coming here anyway... To start trouble, I have no doubt. And he'll get it, most likely.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: misskat1

Liberals get upset if you don't get offended at the slightest thing these days. If you are a minority or female you have even more pressure to 'be offended' by whatever the agenda of the day is for these fools.

Just live your life and ignore the liberal bluster.

can't wait for Obama to point to a person in a crowd, and yell out..."hey, there's my whitey redneck!

Can. You. Imagine?

The gnashing of wingnut teeth would break the sound barrier.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Gryphon66
That the Trump Campaign keeps chosing venues in the heart of districts that are culturally focused around Latinos (or Blacks) ... or that there's always multiple cameras there ready to document everything from multiple angles ... right at the point of violence?

I read he's coming to Albq... Exactly what you're talking about. He doesn't need New Mexico, but he's coming here anyway... To start trouble, I have no doubt. And he'll get it, most likely.

I'd be the first to agree that there's an agenda at work, and sadly, some of the folks who are protesting are falling for the bait to become violent.

I hesitate to say it ... but I think we've seen nothing yet. On either "side."

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Everything he,said in that speech. Incoherent babbling and ranting punctuated by lies and name calling. He's a total bafoon.
UNFIT to be president

I think the only ones "seeing" it that way are blood-shot eyed Hillary campaigners.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

A horrible, twisted and vicious attempt at stereotyping on your part.

Even you should see the difference.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

your with us. Sure I get that. That is how you and others wish to interpret it. But did he say look at all the African Americans here at my rally. Nope. How many were there, I dunno. I don't care. What I did hear was him singling out one man as an example of how he has black support. He did not say here is one black man who supports me. What he did say, and it was a slip I'm sure, was 'here is MY African American. That smacks of possessive tokenism and tokenism is by most peoples books 'racism'

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join