It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps "African American" not offended.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So, if the man who was pointed out as being Donalds African American is not offended by the statement, then why are we allowed to be offended by the statement? Maybe we are just too easily offended.

www.redding.com...

After the rally ended, Trump went to greet supporters, starting on the southern side and working toward the north.

“I was at the point he was about to leave and I called out, ‘Uncle Donald, Uncle Donald,’” Cheadle said. “He recognized me as the guy he had called out.”

The two men exchanged a few words and Trump explained himself.

“You know what I was talking about? Jobs, jobs, jobs,” Cheadle said, paraphrasing what Trump told him. “I said, ‘Yeah, jobs.’ It’s all a fog. I’m glad I’m not on the witness stand. But it means a lot to me when a person of his stature can come to Redding.”

Cheadle was holding two Trump placards, one belonging to him and the other two a young woman who had been standing next to him. Trump signed the two, Cheadle said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-6-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

What does one expect him to say?

The whole speech was ridiculous.

Before Trump got to "my African American over there", he lied about the fact that he was encouraging violence against protesters.
"Be very very nice".

Really Trump?

I doubt that authoritarian Trump is sincerely reversing course.

Is it too much to ask businessman turned politician to be honest?

edit on 4-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Liberals and SJWs dont care what you think is offensive; theyll tell you when and how to be offended, and if you refuse, you are bigot and a racist and other mean words just like the original speaker of the offence, and are more than likely going to be targeted by violence and hatred to bring you in line with their progressive thinking.

This black guy better be careful... he doesnt fit the liberal narrative of how blacks should act or respond to perceived slights, so he may become a target himself of violence and hate from those who disagree with his non-outrage.

edit on 6/4/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I called out, ‘Uncle Donald, Uncle Donald,’” Cheadle said.

"Uncle Donald," seriously?

Wow, he's acting in the black-white narrative himself, it seems.

Regardless of whether this man (who may support Trump) was offended or not, I'd wager others were.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I thought we already established where the violence was coming from. It isnt from Trumps camp. And at least his speech without a teleprompter made more sense than Obama's Okie Dokie speech without a teleprompter.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Trump said "MY African Amreican". Like he owned him. Like he was a pet, like he was property. "MY African American"
When Colbert used to refer to a picture of him with a black man and say 'this is my black friend' he was making a joke about people who have tokens in their life, a token black a token Asian, a token anyone, he was joking. But Trump was not joking. He was pointing out this man and was using his presence as a token example of his black support. Clear as a bell. That this man did not react with scorn demonstrates the thickness of Trump supporters "MY African Amreican" indeed.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
...why are we allowed to be offended by the statement?

What? We don't "allow" people to be offended. If you're offended, you are and it's your business. I can't figure out why people get offended at what OTHER people are offended about.

It's insanity!

Whether the person was offended or not has NO BEARING on people being offended by Trump and what he said.

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus
Liberals and SJWs dont care what you think is offensive;

Exactly! I don't CARE if you're offended or not. Why should I?
edit on 6/4/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No, "we" didnt.

Yes the Left has been very disruptive and violent at times.

But Trump's pro-violence rhetoric only helped to inflame the situation.

Absolutely unacceptable from a potential leader.

I think a Trump Presidency would actually be more divisive than Obama's and I didnt think that was possible.

edit on 4-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly! I don't CARE if you're offended or not. Why should I?

And nobody cares that you or the other SJWs are perpetually offended!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Doen't excuse Trump for being a complete idiot.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Obviously Trump supporters are racist... but not the violent protestors.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Commenting doesn't equal offended. Talk about trying to control speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
And nobody cares that you or the other SJWs are perpetually offended!

I don't know who you're talking about. I'm RARELY offended. And I'm certainly not offended by any of the crap that spills out of Trump's hole.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Liberals get upset if you don't get offended at the slightest thing these days. If you are a minority or female you have even more pressure to 'be offended' by whatever the agenda of the day is for these fools.

Just live your life and ignore the liberal bluster.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Gregory Cheadle took no offense when on Friday during a rally, Donald Trump singled him out and asked, “Look at my African-American over here!”

At the Friday rally, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee was in the middle of describing a past campaign event, at which he said a black supporter “slugged” protesters who were dressed in a “Ku Klux Klan outfit.”

So we have Trump probably not making any "offensive" comments, and we have the MSM manufactured "victim" not being offended.

What else could be wrong?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Armchair critics.

They have nothing of substance so they have to focus on each word and tear it apart.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yea that cracker is a racist!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Obviously Trump supporters are racist... but not the violent protestors.

There have been a couple but certainly not to the extent of the people protesting Trump. People are becoming violent at almost every protest against him now and only furthering his points. People car out when told they are wrong. Even toddlers know it's not okay to hit people just because of a disagreement.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Gregory Cheadle took no offense when on Friday during a rally, Donald Trump singled him out and asked, “Look at my African-American over here!”

At the Friday rally, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee was in the middle of describing a past campaign event, at which he said a black supporter “slugged” protesters who were dressed in a “Ku Klux Klan outfit.”

So we have Trump probably not making any "offensive" comments, and we have the MSM manufactured "victim" not being offended.

What else could be wrong?

Who's offended?

Most of the whining is from wingnuts and Trump supporters.

Are you offended that Mr. Trump tokenized one of his supporters?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Commenting doesn't equal offended. Talk about trying to control speech.

Frustrated policemen always see themselves as revolutionaries.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join