It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to and delete your secretly recorded google voice records.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The truth is there is a machine, lets call it samaratin, that watches you every hour of every day.

John Reese, Harold Finch & Edward Snowden tried to tell you guys. The truth is if you want an ounce of privacy you'll have to

A. Kill yourself
B. Live unreasonably uncomfortably off grid.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

to completely delete history;

click the three vertical dots icon (top right on 'web & app activity' page, after the 'search' and 'go to date' icons)
click 'delete options'
click 'advanced'
click 'select date'
click 'all time'
click 'delete' again and on the message popup

- all gone

edit on 5 6 2016 by RoScoLaz5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The thing is, you aren't required to use/buy any of it. You choose to.

If you can't make heads/tails from the user agreement, don't purchase or use it. If that doesn't sit well with you, form a protest group and boycott it.

You are the consumer, not the creator. You have no rights to the material/product/service until you choose to pay for it.

With Cortana I'm sure you can turn it off. I can turn off Siri on my iPhone if I want. I loose that functionality, but if using it goes against my principles, then so be it.

No one is forced to use any of these products or services, we are all using them voluntarily.

It's a bit like complaining about about something that's given to you for free. You don't have to take the free item in the first place. Unless you can create an alternative that you enjoy better, you either accept the terms or don't use it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Not at all surprised by this.

True story, one time I was looking through my music files and found files named "spy " 1-50. Seems hokie I know, but I never downloaded any apps on that phone passed the basics. What was even creepier was what the recordings were of.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
The truth is there is a machine, lets call it samaratin, that watches you every hour of every day.

John Reese, Harold Finch & Edward Snowden tried to tell you guys. The truth is if you want an ounce of privacy you'll have to

A. Kill yourself
B. Live unreasonably uncomfortably off grid.

C.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Mine is empty, I think it says I have the feature turned off.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

to completely delete history;

click the three vertical dots icon (top right on 'web & app activity' page, after the 'search' and 'go to date' icons)
click 'delete options'
click 'advanced'
click 'select date'
click 'all time'
click 'delete' again and on the message popup

- all gone

Thanks! Worked just fine. Now I'm sure that google still has a record of everything, but at least this way if someone manages to get into my account, they can't conveniently find everything out about me through this history page.

originally posted by: Mjab6910

Yep my friend, I'm in the same boat as you. I don't have the time to delete each, one by one.
Their gmail department has a "select all" option on the email you want to delete.
I mean, if I didn't know any better, I would think they were purposely making it hard to delete this info for nefarious reasons!
But nahhhh.....they wouldn't do any such thing!
Ha!

See above.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

You can change all settings in manage options of googles page you created via your profile. You will notice how it signs you into the account you use, therefore you can change all settings to paused. However the best line of defence would be to stop using google services altogether. After all being such the juggernaut they are, it will get to the point if not already where they will no longer ask or either need to care what anyone thinks.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It is scary and should scare others. The questions is, all browsers come equipped with google voice, even if its not installed within that browser, when using google you may have noticed the voice record button. Also, to think google and the NSA are not working together, would be a difficult one to pretend isn't happening. All the giants of technology will be shaking hands with each other. They is no hacking occurring, more like money changing hands.

Why snip the fence to get inside, when you can pay the guard to let you in.

edit on 5-6-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I was warning people about this from the beginning:
Give your Business Trade Secrets to your Google Android phone

The thing about these phones is they don't merely listen in while you talk on them, they listen in virtually all the time as we'll see below. It stands to reason that the camera is also always looking for imagery worth cataloging. These arguments, and my barrage of many others were stonewalled with the general idea that "to stay competitive in the business world I need the latest technology". After hearing this enough times it occurred to me that Google seems to have set themselves up for the ultimate scheme in mass scale industrial espionage.
(on account their system has always been being built to "UNDERSTAND everything in the world")

Apparently it was only worthy of one flag back in 2010.

edit on 5-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It is a shame your original post did not get much credit, in my eyes from what I just read of it certainly what people need to start to understand is happening and has been happening for many years.

These things have been occurring for many years now, with the start of flying planes overhead to listen into private conversations. Normally to bring down the drug traffickers because, well they hate people stealing their money.

So we have modern world where we all now have a personal microphone, it is obvious that the NSA and any dark faction of the government we do not know about wanted these things 'activated'. This is already happening.

When it comes to trade secrets, well I am sure that is how NSA sold it to google. Turn on the microphone and you'll be able to be one step ahead of business ideas always. While your at it, let us listen in too. We will send you our best programmers.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: fleabit

The thing is, you aren't required to use/buy any of it. You choose to.

If you can't make heads/tails from the user agreement, don't purchase or use it. If that doesn't sit well with you, form a protest group and boycott it.

You are the consumer, not the creator. You have no rights to the material/product/service until you choose to pay for it.

With Cortana I'm sure you can turn it off. I can turn off Siri on my iPhone if I want. I loose that functionality, but if using it goes against my principles, then so be it.

No one is forced to use any of these products or services, we are all using them voluntarily.

It's a bit like complaining about about something that's given to you for free. You don't have to take the free item in the first place. Unless you can create an alternative that you enjoy better, you either accept the terms or don't use it.

That's not the point. And it's not free. I purchased an OS - I was not given it for free. The value added features (like Cortana for example), are there to help sell their product.

But the point is that the direction vendors are taking with their products is a very bad one for consumers. It's always been the case that you don't own any of your software. You are basically renting it. But now vendors like MS are deciding to make more money, they will sell all your personal data to the highest bidder as well. I love the idea of a personal assistant that is available on my MS laptop, an Android phone, an iPad, on my GPS, on my Alexa-type device in my house. One that has access to my schedules, my likes and dislikes, my contacts, my email, and can remind me of upcoming appointments, or tell me if there is a restaurant in the area I might like, and actually be useful.

As it stands, MS collects all data from Cortana - written, spoken, credit card info, emails, contacts, etc.. and you CAN'T opt out. That is people are trying to change. The wholesale collection of personal data that can be given to any advertiser, or even any government agency, and you will never know. Saying "Then don't use it!" is such a lame response from folks I hear all the time. That is a poor solution. The real solution is forcing companies to protect your privacy. People should have the option to opt out of the collection of personal information.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
this is a really greasy move by google. they will not stop until they know every detail about your life.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's surprising how many ATS'ers are willingly carrying
around a smart surveillance device on their person.

Isn't this a conspiracy website?

^sigh^

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's one of the things you agree to. As a google user for over a decade I went to the link and there is nothing but the reminders I set in google now. Nothing alarming for me, but then again I do check my privacy settings on all my accounts at least once or twice per year.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You aren't wrong, but there can be limits demanded! We pay for the services, and we can (and should), as consumers, demand some standards of privacy. What we post online, well, we are responsible for that! What we do inside our homes, not posted or shared, should remain for our eyes only. The companies that offer the services depend on the people for financial support. If enough people demand things a certan way, it can happen. The problem is, a lot of folks don't seem to think it matters.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Text to speech could be google or a third party depending on how your phone/tablet is set up.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

not surprised... this has been going on for many years... there is a reason why I avoided using google voice. I always had a feeling someone would be listening in through it. Glad my suspicious were correct.

edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 05 Jun 2016 22:05:07 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Jun 2016 22:05:07 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

It's not just one 'service' you load up and use. It's embedded in your phone (other devices too) effectively running in real time. Like in Batman The Dark Knight (more or less).

The part not mentioned so far is how the software can auto speech to text it. Which means they can fit your entire life onto a flash drive.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Or you could just disable the function from the start..... comeon guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join