It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to and delete your secretly recorded google voice records.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Nano tracking devices have been mass produced in England. The workers were told they were for Google devices.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I have none on record here? I also checked the location one and whilst some were correct which is scary there were some places I had never even been in the history..
How do we stop this, turning of location settings?
I keep "location" turned off and when I turn it on I no longer accept the google collection data request that pops up.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have turned off everything I can on my phone, just because of these sneaky bastards. Location, Google voice, etc..and I even keep wifi and data turned off till I need it. If I have to press a button [gasp! how inconvenient ] to do what I want, so be it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is interesting. I don't have any GPS or audio data being tracked, but I'm a bit annoyed that my browsing history is kept in there. Actually wish I'd known about this when trying to remember a webpage I was on days before. Could've been helpful. What annoys me is that there is no option to delete it all. I can only delete each day, one at a time. There must be years worth of history in there!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think what really bothers me the most is 21rst century business ethics, or rather the total lack thereof. When I was young, successful business owners were respected. Now the bigger the business, the less we trust them, and the more they are likened to criminals and politicians. Companies like google and Microsoft have no mores, ethics, or respect for their fellow human beings. We're all a number to them. I often wonder if they would have me arrested if I went to their house and rummaged through their trash, let alone look through their computer.

edit on 6/4/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Fair comment.

We're entering an age of profound changes in how business behaves and what one even is. It'll all be taken for granted by the youngest generation and the rest of us will feel a little rueful. Can you remember all the fear about multi-nationals? Those 1980/90s multi-nationals were minnows by today's standards.

It bugs me that wealth on that scale accrues power and influence and starts rearranging the legal furniture for its own comfort. It also seems to slowly begin to reshape our notions of morality until we take it for granted that corporate survival transcends anything else.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

originally posted by: Excallibacca
They've got nothing on me, unfortunately. I would have really liked to know what kind of horrible crap I've said. It's a lot.

All of my settings show "paused" so I guess I don't get recorded.

Why are you saying horrible crap to google? You either activate it, or you dont.

Why activate it and then say horrible crap?

And then sook about them hearing your horrible crap?

See, this is how it works. We all have different phones. Google recieves what you say, and you are supposed to be aware of it when you tick the OK box for this, and it then deciphers what you said, and send it back to the phone, so your phone understands the command. So you have a crap phone, hey it works. Either way, it's a thing, and you are uspposed to be aware of it, when you first set it up.

Naww, it's the NSA spying on you, with a google page there for you to see it all and go "Ohnoes, my nude pics has been seen by a googl!!"

this is just silly.

not that google is doing this, but how little people know how their hardware works...

Check out what Julian Assange had to say about Google and the NSA, you'll find there's more than one might imagine.

Also, look into the history of Google. As Google was working with the NSA pre PRISM era-it also violated the FISAct.

Stored phone images are already accessible when you sign up for certain phone apps. It's not to far to consider if not already, or may be implemented soon enough, that NSA may be viewing your images.

With that one may want to exercise the same precaution that they do with their web cams, with their cell phones.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I accessed the link and it seems it was paused, so there are no recordings.

Still, I'm trying to avoid this kind of monitoring by disabling almost everything (when I do not need it that is), even some services which manufacturers shove down our throats. I presume it's not 100% bulletproof but still... better than nothing.

An interesting fact (and funny at the same time) is that a lot of people cover their laptop webcam but none of them cover their smartphone front camera.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Can you (or someone) please assist those of us who are techno nerds and post step by step directions to get there, or PM me, please?
Thank you!

So much for HIPPA & Ethics...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
dang....I heard me say google you're a saucy flirt....ha

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Just posting cause I have to come back to this lol. Very interesting subject matter.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Giving the illusion of deleting is all. Notice it says, "not available", not, "this record has been deleted".

One is a lie, the other a cover up.

Anyone old enough to remember getting your juvenile record 'sealed' in the days of old? They marched you down a flight of stairs to a basement full of file cabinets and put your file in one of the file cabinets.

Records aren't destroyed unless you work for the gubment.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, gonna turn off my laptop to remove the microphone.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Google this Google that....I honestly don't get why anyone, on this site of all places, is surprised by this.

We've been told what's coming, you can bury your head or you can allow the truth to set in. You will be forced to take a chip as Aaron Russou pointed out. Maybe not next year, but you will.

No one in their right mind believes a damn word the lying snakes in big business tell us because they hide behind the facade of 'national security' Kennedy had a lot to say about that. He also told us of the secret cabal and it's methods.

We, on this site, already know what this is, and how it's going to be implemented. Yes it's scary and yes it's drastic but it WILL happen. People have been posting threads for a while now saying "it's too late, there's no going back from here" and they're right. Our morals have shifted and we're in DEEP trouble.

The world will, at one point, be under a global dictatorship and you'd better bow down, or there goes your head. You wont have food because you'll refuse the chip - and the fact you're STILL against pedophilia and Necrophilia makes you a bigot and old fashioned. You're a relic of a bigoted age who didn't see people for what they are. Super duper purple camels, who identify as child loving sex addicts. They're not mentally messed up, you are for being against it.....

This IS our future and people better realize that, what side are you on? I'll stay on the side of Jesus as that's where I choose to be. It's an absolute. What's yours? Or will you be shaped and manipulated like our children will be?

ranty post for sure, but I just can't see anything bright in our futures. Even current events are spirally waaaay out of control.
We've got women having sex with tress and identifying as a DAMN tree!
Men who dress as dogs and people marrying the OCEAN.

We're in a seriously deluded age and anyone capable of grasping absolutes is utterly boned.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've always disabled the stupid voice activation option in my google phones- but looking at that link I see one recording for every phone I've got- the first time I activated it shortly before disabling the feature.

Get out of my personal space, google...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
That is just it, Google gives us all the apps free in return they can track our life to sell advertising!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Click this link and it'll take you directly to the audio page. There's a sidebar in the left where you can look at your location histories, google/YT searches and other stuff.

You need to be signed into your Google account for it to work.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What if you never had a sign in account with google?

Does Google still have old recordings from years ago, like if I was in to Microsoft Flight Simulator using online voice programs with microphones headsets to communicate with Microsoft online Flight Simulators in online flight game forums?

Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

No, you're okay if you didn't/don't have a google account. I only know this because I have an android phone for work-related calls and texts. It's permanently switched off for data traffic and nothing off it shows up on my google account.

Saying that, I expect google to still draw in the same amount of information from no-account google services and phones. It'd all be orphan data and harder to file or tag with someone's name.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nineteen Eighty Four is here!

Alive and well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join