It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baptism is Salvation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
John the Baptizer said in Luke 3:16:

16 ..."I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I is coming; I am not worthy to tie untie the thing of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 17 His winnowing fork is in hand, to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his granary; but the chaff he will burn with the unquenchable fire."

Fire is a symbol of purity and wisdom. The unquenchable fire is the result of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the chaff is the old you. You are now born of the water , Spirit and fire. Born again, burning with passion for knowledge of God. Pure and new. This is a highly spiritual process and no symbolic ritual. Faith leads to this, and faith moves mountains. If it is Wisdom you seek and enlightenment, knowledge of God, self and mastery over material and physical desire, you will receive it if you have Faith.

Mark 16:16

"The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe is condemned."

16-18 are the last things Christ says before the Ascension and that means it is of great importance. And what he said was those who are baptized will be saved and the unbeliever condemned. Self explanatory.

Luke 3:21-22

21 Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heaven was opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, " You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased."

Now I am certain that the reason Christ wants us to be baptized is because our baptism is the same as his baptism and we also receive the Holy Spirit. We don't get miraculous powers but Wisdom we do get.

I believe in the power of baptism and that it is Salvation as Christ states. I believe that it is an initiation into the Way of the Nazarene, a spiritual order that has no earthly organization just people who follow the teachings of the blessed Christ who was killed, but not before divulging the path to Salvation. Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

" And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

I would like to ask all Christians a serious question, how important is baptism to you?
edit on 4-6-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
0° "Chamber Of Reflection":

1) Water (Baptism): Stand Up For The People/Person...
note: The Great Sea Is A Sea Of People, Which Becomes A Red (Blood) Sea...

2) Sulfur (Communion): Endure For The People/Person...
note: A Trial By Fire, Wherein The Blood And The Body Are Offered Up To Death In The Name Of...

3) Salt (Confirmation): Made By The People/Person...
note: The Name Everlasting Is Awarded (Salt Of The Earth)...

Trinity: The Master (Father), And The Apprentice (Son), And The Craft (Holy Spirit)...
The Spirit Is The Flag Of The People... Are You Truly One Of Them?!?

In You... They Will Be Well Pleased...

note: The Lord God Despises A Coward!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think it is best stated that you have to be accepting Christ, Yeshua as the Word that was with God and is God. This is where we find salvation. By baptism you are accepting the Holy Spirit who helps one to be loving of one another, willing to forgive so that we may be forgiven, and is the source of our knowledge.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

I would like to ask all Christians a serious question, how important is baptism to you?
It is a essential part of being a Christian in truth .If we have His guidance and help then no amount of self can unlock and loose what needs to be in order to grow in Him . He is our surety ....so very important ,and very real ...peace

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Baptism is not salvation. So because i'm not baptised i am condemned? Aren't YOU people getting a little bit too old for these boogyman bedtime stories. It's getting boring after 2000 years. Grow up!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Amen.....

Baptism is a part of spiritual rebirth (being reborn) but it will not save you from your sins or hell.

When a grown person not a baby or small child commits to accepting the Father, his Son and the Holy Spirit as his/her God and no other gods .... this person who has been taught and accept the Gospel is letting everyone in heaven, earth and hell KNOW that he is a child of God and has accepted this NEW covenant..... through baptism. This is the most important part of the baptism and when the ENTIRE body is submerged in water (a sign of rebirth) THAT person is eligible to receive the Holy Spirit.

If the person failed to ask God for forgiveness of sins and repents prior to water baptism and fails to ORALLY STATE OUT LOUD what is stated above then water baptism will be useless, the Holy Spirit will likely fail to show up AND anyone with false heart about the matter should be careful....

I have seen many who ALLEGE they were baptised yet the Holy Spirit is not with them.

S&F brother/ sister

How many lost souls have you baptized?
edit on 4-6-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Baptism is part of the requirements for salvation via the Gospel of the kingdom (at this time this gopel is not in affect).

Baptism is not a requirement under the Gospel of the Grace of God ( this Gospel is in affect until the great tribulation, then the Kingdom Gospel starts again)

Baptism is not a requirement under the Eternal Gospel (this gospel is not in affect until the very end of the Great tribulation.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You said baptism gives a person wisdom, how?
Did you get baptised, did you get special wisdom after, like what exactly, that's interesting

I understand baptism is nothing but an action of faith, nothing more

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Some people have life changing things take place after Baptism but they were saved by faith alone on Christ's finished work on the cross.

i.e. I was a 20 year drug addict. I got saved and for four months I struggled with pot, cigs and beer. I kept asking the Lord what I needed to do and he kept telling me to get baptized so I did. The day I was baptized I was set free from them all cold turkey no withdrawals.

edit on 4-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Salvation of the Spirit is faith in Christ's payment for our sins.

Water baptism, like the Eucharist, is nothing more than a public display of faith in Christ. It also communicates the progressive Salvation of the Soul. Water represents the water of the Word of God washing away unrighteousness.

However, to carry out water baptism without putting it in its proper place, is vanity.

So, no. Water baptism is not salvation. It simply depicts salvation in totality:

Salvation of Spirit--Death to sin.

Salvation of Soul--Washed by the Word.

Salvation of the Body--Resurrection as Christ was resurrected.

A symbol cannot save you.

No, I am not JW.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Water baptism, like the Eucharist, is nothing more than a public display of faith in Christ.

Really? You think that Jesus, who said this: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:... only ordered this because he wanted public displays of faith?

Really? The same Jesus who said this; "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward........

That Jesus wants converts to be baptized because he wanted a public show of faith?

Oh Lucifer, how far you have fallen! LOL Still got that bag of tricks, eh?

edit on 4-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, I stated the opinion which I hold. I noticed that you didn't seem to have interest in this thread or any of its many comments until I came here. You wouldn't happen to be following me are you? No, didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

LOL, don't flatter yourself. Say stupid arrogant stuff, and expect to get called out on it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Say stupid arrogant stuff, and expect to get called out on it.

Very well, then please explain to me how my comment about baptism on this thread was in any way STUPID (lacking intelligence or common sense) or ARROGANT (having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities). Maybe due to lack of knowledge, I was wrong (who isn't wrong every now and then), but how was I being STIPID or ARROGANT?

I'll be waiting for your detailed explanation.

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added definitions to help Windword on her explanation of my arrogant stupidity

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I did. Reread the post in which I showed you how wrong your reasoning is. How about you reply to those contradictions instead of replying with personal vanity and further demands of me?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You communicated how you believed that I was wrong. That is fine, it is a valid opinion, but how was I being stupid and/or arrogant?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why do you even bother posting verses when ALL the Bible is Allegory?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Salvation of the Spirit is faith in Christ's payment for our sins.

Water baptism, like the Eucharist, is nothing more than a public display of faith in Christ. It also communicates the progressive Salvation of the Soul. Water represents the water of the Word of God washing away unrighteousness.

However, to carry out water baptism without putting it in its proper place, is vanity.

So, no. Water baptism is not salvation. It simply depicts salvation in totality:

Salvation of Spirit--Death to sin.

Salvation of Soul--Washed by the Word.

Salvation of the Body--Resurrection as Christ was resurrected.

A symbol cannot save you.

No, I am not JW.

Well, Jesus says belief and baptism is Salvation so me and Jesus disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

I asked specifically Christians so if you aren't then no need to get angry about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Why do you even bother posting verses when ALL the Bible is Allegory?

Why do you think allegory means irrelevance?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join