It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens sightings old footages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Something can not be explained
Old footages
Video show people amazed by something not visible

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's interesting, Im going to research rope trick, thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: vtrio12

What has the video got to do with the title of this thread and the forum itself ?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 4-6-2016 by gortex because: Rope Trick

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think it'll be bamboo or some type of pole that's made to look like a vertical rope. They'd set it up before any crowds gathered and stay the day.

Another one was the levitating fakhir who sat cross-legged in the air with only the sash of his robe 'dangling' down. In reality, he was sitting on a cleverly designed seat and the dangling sash was a solid support prop/leg planted in the ground.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Read John Keel's book "Jadoo" where he goes in search of the Indian Rope Trick... fun read.

And I think the "rope" locks into place with segments and is hooked on a wire strung overhead.. .but apparently there were a few showmen who were so good that people still think there was a "magik" element to it... especially the version where the boy disappeared near the top of the rope and the magician followed him up and feigned an argument and dropped bloody monkey parts and then "reassembled" the boy.

Personally, I think "magik" works, sometimes, and that some few folks can, actually, change reality, and we should likely then put conditional quotes around "reality"...

but tricks of this sort are just that... tricks. (edit to add: to clarify, imo, if on a stage, then a trick... easy)

And I, too, am confused about the thread title... which is tricky and magical in itself!

edit on 6/4/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2016 by Baddogma because: forgot the extra 'o' in Jadoo!

edit on 6/4/2016 by Baddogma because: another typo correction... John deserves a good post

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm guessing he's gone for the thread title based on the video title. Why someone gave the video that title is rabbit hole that needs no exploring. Nuh uh

I'll have a look at Jadoo later for that piece.

It's sorta legendary with kids either vanishing altogether or only their heads falling to the ground. Yeah, I'm down with the 'lockable' aspect and not so sure about an overhead wire because keeping one taut isn't easy. These travelling 'mystical' conmen had centuries to perfect their tricks and they're genuinely impressive still. They likely also got away with it when they focused their arts on essentially a peasant-class, uneducated crowd.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yeah, lockable segments and/or a wire... Keel thought the more involved tricks with the showmen disappearing at the top had to have been done at dusk with a layer of smoke to help shroud them... and the few reports of broad daylight disappearances were written off as exaggerations...

but who knows fer sure? Bwa-ha-ha ... perhaps some fakirs had a Djinn in a bottle for the special shows ?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You know the one that's intrigued me the most? Daniel Dunglas Home. The story goes he floated himself out of a high window and back in again. All I can think is the witnesses were in on it. Head scratcher.

Houdini wrote a great little sceptical book and it might be time to dig it out again. He travelled the world sussing out the best tricks. He *knew* DD Home was a con, but never nailed that levitation iirc.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Home and four or five other 'famous' mediums were legit imo, or as legit as mediums come, anyway, as showmanship and trickery comes with the territory and sometimes the "others" just don't help, from personal experience as well as all the research I did.. .and I did go through quite a bunch of old, dry SPR reports back in the day.

As I've found with other weird phenom, it just doesn't appear on command... and as I've had personal (tho not provable) esp and pk experiences, it would be silly of me to condemn all of them as fakes, though I'm certain most of them faked it when 'the spirits' were busy elsewhere.

Thus my comment that when there is a stage or a fee involved, trickery is involved, too!

But the spirits (and/or pk) exist and are mercurial!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yeah, I keep an open mind on these things despite always tending towards the sceptical side. The old SPR books have been up on archive.org for years now and make fascinating (if dry) reading.

I've experienced a few things that resonate although I rarely speak of them. What can you do with them!? Subjective riffing on empirical phantoms and forces.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
One of the voices in the video sounds like the high sparrow from game of thrones.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

What has the video got to do with the title of this thread and the forum itself ?

Ancient Aliens guy: i1.kym-cdn.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
naw....notice the demonstrator never relases the pressure grip he has on that one spot on the rope as he presents it....in fact he struggles to keep anyone from wiggling that section.....and works to make the remainder seem limp.....

top topics

join