It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're in Asia for decades, US tells China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

The only resources we get are the bases we operate from, that we rent from the host nation.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

those bases secure transnational routes for raw materials and consumer goods, which form the basis of our current economic system. There is no reason to beat around the bush, I am for our guys no matter the cost. I just want to be honest on how it all functions is all.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

wow, you must be living in a dungeon
Yes a muslim one, Indonesia.......

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Since when? No one has tried to stop anything being shipped, bases in the area or not. Those bases aren't going to secure much if someone like China decided to do something, since only Guam has aircraft with enough range to do anything, and most of those are 60 year old B-52s. Japan has the carrier group, but China could stop them from getting too close if they really wanted to, and it's only one group.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

why would anyone try knowing the goods are under the protection of the most powerful force ever know to exist. That is exactly the point of us having the capability to strike anywhere on Earth within a moments notice, to deter a state's ambition to confront or sabotage us. There is no noble or moral purpose. It is all money. resources, trade routes, market control, currency security and so on.

What I am attempting to convey is that I don't think people should be ashamed of it, and should in fact embrace it with honesty. We SHOULD be proud to be part of the most powerful force ever know, it is how most people through time within their empires felt.

It is because of this setup we can purchase any commodity that exists at any time we want regardless of seasons. Because the security of the transit routes are guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Better open a few history books, in reply to musicmagic
He wont, he lives in Japan but is not a native of Japan, so he should be aware of how USA supported Japan after world war 2. So many people wear "blinkers" when they are either naive or in denial.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This is true look at the Philippines. They asked us to leave so we did and our bases were converted to shopping malls.

Then China took over the Spratly Islands and the Scarborough Shoal Islands.

Some say it was payment for a Dam they built for the Filipinos in Northern Luzon area.

But they took over the riches fishing grounds in the area and are destroying it daily with drag nets, dynamite, Cyanide and over fishing with no regard for the fish to repopulate. Soon the whole area will be without any fish just like all the fishing grounds closer to China.

edit on 4-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Our bases left the Philippines, our forces still operate there regularly as advisors. There is still some leftist factions in the jungles to route out.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

They're in the process of releasing the bases there to us. They have essentially no military whatsoever, so are in a huge hole compared to everyone around them. They're making overtures to Japan, and allowing us to use the bases there again. They've already signed a security agreement that would see the US send more troops to train them, and assist with building new facilities for them, and are talking about inviting us back to use at least a couple of the bases, or allowing more port calls for our ships and aircraft.
edit on 6/4/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealistClark, Subic, Nichols are all closed and are now Malls.

We have some training with them, we use their bases because we have none of our own. Part of Subic is a Philippine naval base but not a US base anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

truth lies in the history of the unknown aggression of an evil one with only destruction on its mind

sad to know that America dictates to the asian countries
I do not agree with either of you theories on America.

Really, then why are American military bases still in South Korea, Okinawa and Japan. And why hasn't America, not South Korea sign a peace agreement with North Korea?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Surely you are not unlearned enough to believe the US dictates to the Far East ? Better open a few history books there. And , while you are at it , watch a little news. Get caught back up so to speak.

Never has been the US. Maybe the British once upon a time. Perhaps you have the 2 nations confused with each other ?

You know Okinawa was under administrated control by the US Govt. till 1972 don't you.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

America saved China from getting genocided by Japan.

America saved China by militarily occpying Japan and surrounding Asian countries during World War II. Just as they did in Europe under the false pretexts of protection...

It is awkward but I don't think that makes us evil.

Till both countries start flying Nukes at each other now whom would be blamed for that? China or the great expander America?

we were going to do we built them up into our strongest ally and a free healthy just like Germany

hahaha hahaha Free and healthy Germany what rock you live on?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

U S Defense Secretary Ash Carter has urged China to join a "principled security network" for Asia, saying that the United States would remain the world's most powerful military and the main guarantor of regional security for decades to come.

I know where this is going. America wants to militarily occupy every country in the world and Asia while making sure tat America wont have any challengers.

But decades is such a long time, i wonder whose going to crash first? America whose riding high in trillion of dollars of debt and which ironical China is paying for it?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
"America saved China by militarily occpying Japan and surrounding Asian countries during World War II. Just as they did in Europe under the false pretexts of protection... "

Umm how else do you stop a war? We falsely went into Europe? Russia wanted us to open up the Western Front for 2 years. If anything we took way to long to open it up. But we weren't ready before D-Day.

"Till both countries start flying Nukes at each other now whom would be blamed for that? China or the great expander America?"

If China and Japan fight again, how can you blame that on the US? Really?

"hahaha hahaha Free and healthy Germany what rock you live on?"

Germany was wonderful in the 90s and the 00s. If they choose to self implode now is that the US's fault again? I do not see your logic maybe you can explain it to me.
What kind of revisionist self-flagellating history are they teaching the young in these liberal indoctrination camps these days?

"I know where this is going. America wants to militarily occupy every country in the world and Asia while making sure tat America wont have any challengers.

But decades is such a long time, i wonder whose going to crash first? America whose riding high in trillion of dollars of debt and which ironical China is paying for i?"

That's why one British Historian made a documentary and called us "Chimerica". Once our bonds to each are so tight we won't really be able to fight each other. It'll be like we're family. I really don't understand how America being pro free trade pro peace is bad. We are the reason the last 70 years has been better then any other time in history. Get over it.
edit on 5-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia
I agree, China will eventually yield to us. We have a more powerful media machine that is better at swaying public opinion.

Not to mention the value on personal liberties. People will always prefer to be aligned with where they can feel more free.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

www.news.com.au...

U S Defense Secretary Ash Carter has urged China to join a "principled security network" for Asia, saying that the United States would remain the world's most powerful military and the main guarantor of regional security for decades to come. In an attempt to counter concerns in Asia about US staying power, Carter told a regional security forum in Singapore the US approach to the Asia-Pacific remained "one of commitment, strength and inclusion". However, he said, any action by China to reclaim land in the Scarborough Shoal, an outcrop in the disputed South China Sea, would have consequences. "I hope that this development doesn't occur, because it will result in actions being taken by both the United States and ... by others in the region which would have the effect of not only increasing tensions but isolating China."
I wonder what Donald or Hilary would have to say about this commitment by Carter.

Carter said tensions in the South China Sea, where China has been backing its vast territorial claims by building artificial islands, North Korea's nuclear program and violent extremism challenged regional peace and "forward-thinking statesmen and leaders must ... come together to ensure a positive principled future".
The South China Sea is a vital fishing ground for Taiwan,Vietnam,Philippines,Malaysia, Indonesia,Brunei and Japan for decades. It is also an international shipping route. For China to start annexing this area for their sole purpose of expansion and defense is not acceptable. China needs to be controlled with their actions against small nations, and big brother America is the one to keep them honest.

It's a bit sad to know that America dictates to the asian countries, you are with us or against us. Just so sad, but the truth lies in the history of the unknown aggression of an evil one with only destruction on its mind. And that is a fact.

My wife is Asian and she thinks you are clueless about the facts. She is a Filipina, and lived there for 28 years. Basically every Asian country sees China as the evil aggressor ... probably because China is stealing their land and outright attacking them.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

truth lies in the history of the unknown aggression of an evil one with only destruction on its mind

sad to know that America dictates to the asian countries
I do not agree with either of you theories on America.

Really, then why are American military bases still in South Korea, Okinawa and Japan. And why hasn't America, not South Korea sign a peace agreement with North Korea?

Because there are threats there requiring US presence. You think South Korea and Japan want America to leave Asia and have no presence there? The Philippines realizes their mistake and is now trying to get the US to have a bigger presence in the PI.

China Fears Bring the U.S. Military Back to the Philippines

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Really, then why are American military bases still in South Korea, Okinawa and Japan.

North Korea, and China are the two big reason's.

And why hasn't America, not South Korea sign a peace agreement with North Korea?

Because they aren't at war with NK, but technically SK is...so those who are at war with each other need to sign that, not those giving support.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

NK is a not a functional country anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join