It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Rioters chant "Make California Mexico Again!”, beat up Trump supporters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh give up on your diatribe about which video we're talking about it doesn't matter the fact is these protest turned into riots and people were attacked and injured.

Give up already its annoying.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm sorry you hate the truth but I'm saying what needs to be said and you damn well better believe that I'm making judgements based on what I can see visually and profiling.

I lived in California for 8 years and I'll tell you what, the legal immigrants don't like illegals either, that's how you know the difference.

I "hate the truth"? That's preposterous.

The only thing I hate is the very easy calls for the repression of freedom and Constitutional Rights on display here.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that the actions of these San Jose folks (citizens or not) is being expanded here to include all "leftists and liberals" in the US.

I imagine you're okay with that "truth"?
edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Oh give up on your diatribe about which video we're talking about it doesn't matter the fact is these protest turned into riots and people were attacked and injured.

Give up already its annoying.

Then stop reading and responding.

Two Three videos were linked for viewing, two allowed easy viewing in the thread. The 10 second one doesn't show what it was being made out to.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Hey, One, how ya been? No friendly greeting for an old conversationalist? No counter to my opinion? Just jump on it and call it an attack with no substance?

First I have no idea who was or wasn't interviewed. I have no idea why you suppose I cannot tell the difference between a Salvadorian and a Mexican or why it is pertinant to my post or why it is pertinent to the thread. Or that Mexicans hate Salvadorians.

But substance? Would you like to have a substantive discussion on the nature of cults, which WAS the point of my post? We can do that if you want but if you don't then I won't waste your time. But in case you would like to, let me toss out this thought.

Cults do not have to be little secretive religious groups worshiping at the feet of some self appointed emissary of God. They can be much larger and have little to do with religion. Those small cults serve only to offer insight into a much larger condition, one which can form around anyone of celebrity. Even just a dozen in a remote village or millions that worship Elvis. The earmarks of cultism abound with the whole Trump Phenomenon, and just like any little cult where the people who think they are on their way to heaven cannot see the trap they have fallen into, neither can the followers of Mr. Trump.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Domestic Terrorists nothing more.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: syrinx high priest

You are seriously against personal responsibility aren't you?
Trump made these idiots go out and do all this? Trump made them attack his supporters? I guess that whole Freedom of Speech thingy needs to go huh? If these people can't control themselves, why do you blame others for it?
Oh wait, I forgot, it's always someone else's fault, right?

So let's get this straight.

On the one hand, we have this guy with a megaphone who is saying "make California Mexico again" to a crowd of what? 100 people? The OP is implying that he's inciting riots.

Then on other hand, there's Donald Trump, who is on stage in front of thousands of his loyal followers glorifying violence against the non-violent protesters who sometimes are seen disrupting his rallies but it's preposterous to think Queen Trump could be inciting his followers to assault protesters at said rallies?

Yeah. You're ALL about personal responsibility when it suits you.
edit on 2016-6-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The earmarks of cultism abound with the whole Trump Phenomenon, and just like any little cult where the people who think they are on their way to heaven cannot see the trap they have fallen into, neither can the followers of Mr. Trump.

As we see, quite clearly, in this thread.

The problem with the violence at the protests is the desire to have authoritarian control over others.

Either side.

The problem with the ignorance on display in this thread, impotently trying to label all "liberals and leftists" as agreeing with and equivalent to the folks who are committing violence ... is also the desire to have authoritarian control over others.

EDIT: I personally don't care whether it's this stupidity in CA or calling for First Amendment rights to be ignored when you don't like what someone is saying ... it's just as vile.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Then on other hand, there's Donald Trump, who is on stage in front of thousands of his loyal followers glorifying violence against the non-violent protesters who sometimes are seen disrupting his rallies but it's preposterous to think Queen Trump could be inciting his followers to assault protesters at said rallies?

Complete line of bs. Non violent protestors??? Sometimes "disrupting"??

Haha ahaha

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Don't take my word for it, listen to your Queen.

"When we have a protester inside, which isn't even very often"

"We had a case where we had an African American guy who was a fan of mine. Great fan. Great guy. In fact, I want to know what's going on with him. You know what I'm...aww look at my African American over here, look at him. Are you greatest? You know what I'm talking about?"

"Okay. So we have an African American guy at one of the rallies a month ago and he's sitting there behaving. And we had protesters inside the arena and they were dressed in a Klu Klux Klan outfit okay? And they're running around dressed as Klu Klux Klan and the place is booing and booing. This African American gets up and maaaan he slugged these guys. He slugged em. And by that time, their hat was off 'cause it got ripped off as they were running up the stairs but this guy — a great guy — I think he was a military guy for a long time. He slugged this guy wearing the Klu Klux Klan outfit but by the time he got up to the top you couldn't see that it was a Klu Klux Klan outfit. So when the African American cold clocked this guy — this guy never knew what happened — everyone thought the African American was against me and it was the opposite. He was like this great guy, military guy."

So a chick putting on a hood to satirize Trump is a violent protester and sucker punching and stomping a guy that was with her who was never wearing a hood (Queen Trump lies, lies, lies) makes the Trump follower a "great guy?"
edit on 2016-6-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
immigration has been a hot topic for centuries

" California Republic "

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Photographs Show Trump Supporters Pepper Spraying Protesters in The Face (UPDATED)

I wait to hear that this violence is justifiable.

It is not one side or the other, it is both.

And we all need to wake up to the real reasons: we are being factionalized in this country.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Starting to notice a disturbing trend here at these anti Trump rallies.
In Chicago for example there was some American and Mexican flags in with the anti Trump crowd. That's fine and dandy, but this is something different.

Now it's a sea a Mexican flags and burning American flags.
This is no longer an anti Trump movement.
This is an anti America movement.
These rioters(just calling what I see) want to transform America into something very different. I don't suspect it's a free market capitalist system where I can be successful with hard work and ingenuity. Probably something more akin to a fascist cartel run utopia like Mexico.

Trump will surely win once the rest of America sees this...

edit on 4-6-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Starting to notice a disturbing trend here at these anti Trump rallies.
In Chicago for example there was some American and Mexican flags in with the anti Trump crowd. That's fine and dandy, but this is something different.

Now it's a sea a Mexican flags and burning American flags.
This is no longer an anti Trump movement.
This is an anti America movement.
These rioters(just calling what I see) want to transform America into something very different. I don't suspect it's a free market capitalist system where I can be successful with hard work and ingenuity. Probably something more akin to a fascist cartel run utopia like Mexico.

Trump will surely win once the rest of America sees this...

So ... you're basing this on a sample size of ... one?

The movement that should concern us all is the justification of political violence.

Trump is the only major candidate who has approved the use of violence at political rallies.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

LOL

Pepper spray or was it water?

Self defense.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Either side....Both sides.
Authoritarians do not have to have little mustaches or wear saffron robes or carry gold plated Bibles. It can come from all corners.

For crying out loud, one of the most famous books in history "The Prince" was written to instruct royalty on how to rule in a seemingly "benevolent" manner so that the serfs would not know they were being controlled. So they would welcome their servitude.

And I have noticed as you point out how Trump supporters equate "all "liberals and leftists" as agreeing with and equivalent to the folks who are committing violence" This to is cult-think. It's "ALL" not many or some, or a few. It's ALL.
This is needed for the cult to maintain control. If cult members begin to consider 'others' as maybe being at least partially right, then the monolithic structure of the bars that hold them in prison begin to weaken.

I"ve also noticed how if something is pointed out to them from a more neutral perspective, how that then is countered immediately with 'then you must believe' this or that wild and exaggerated extreme. " If you don't like spaghetti then you must hate Italians" kind of logic.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The San Jose Mayor and Police Department have been quite clear:

“I condemn all acts of violence committed against people who exercise their rights to free speech and assembly, regardless of their political views," Liccardo said. “Nothing that Donald Trump says absolves those individuals of responsibility for their violent conduct last evening.” Liccardo added that San Jose police and the District Attorney’s office are now investigating incidents of violence. “Our police department and District Attorney's office will proactively and thoroughly investigate and prosecute the offenders, and Police Chief Eddie Garcia has called for all members of our community who have video and other evidence to submit that information to the authorities so it can be used for arrest of the violent perpetrators,” he said.

Mayor Liccardo, San Jose Police Issue New Statements Regarding Violence at Donald Trump Rally - San Jose Inside

Couldn't have said it better myself.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Added link

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Noted and agreed, on all counts.

This behavior of linking outrageous and unacceptable violent behaviors with "leftists and liberals" is indeed a dangerous trend, does indeed mirror the acts of over totalitarian regime in history.

"Demonize the opposition."

I'm not sure how anyone could legitimately deny that Mr. Trump is leading a text-book "Cult of Personality."

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

trump doesn't care who gets hurt by his hate speech as long as he gets power.

Let's not forget who laid the groundwork for this.

Liberals set the ground work for this by stifling free speech and pissing off normal Americans. Trump couldn't exist without the extreme left creating all the anger.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

Pepper spray or was it water?

Self defense.

Didn't check the link did you? When you do, you can attempt to cast further shade on the source.

Doesn't change the facts though.

Not surprised you are the first to justify violence, Xuench, though I'm a bit surprised you didn't post a link to drive traffic.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

trump doesn't care who gets hurt by his hate speech as long as he gets power.

Let's not forget who laid the groundwork for this.

Liberals set the ground work for this by stifling free speech and pissing off normal Americans. Trump couldn't exist without the extreme left creating all the anger.

Did the "liberals" also burn the Reichstag?

Are you really going to have the bald-faced cheek to claim "the Right" is blameless in this?

Thanks for making it clear that you want to not only justify violence, but link it to your political opponents.

THAT is the real issue here, and the effects of that mentality are well-documented in history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join