It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border wall(fence) has been partially built for years now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Not only that they have vehicles with catapaults on them and they lunge drugs over the walls and someone picks it up and what do you know there are more drugs in America now. Trump was talking about building a secure wall not some pathetic fence.
edit on 5-6-2016 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
a reply to: Gyo01

Not only that they have vehicles with catapaults on them and they lunge drugs over the walls and someone picks it up and what do you know there are more drugs in America now. Trump was talking about building a secure wall not some pathetic fence.

How is he going to Wall Up the ocean?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WE already have too many mouths to feed, and not enough soup to go around.

There are finite resources available at any given time.

Both true! Well done!! (gold star
)

********************BEGIN SARCASM*****************

So - how many are you wanting to chase out before we close the gates? Twelve million? Or just the parents and we'll keep the kids who are in schools here, learning, and living in homes that their parents bought or rent with the money they earn doing JOBS like mowing your grass, busing tables, cooking (and they are fantastic cooks!), cleaning, raising your kids (and I would hire any one of them over some drippy high-school gum-chomping hoochie girlie), working on your car, etc.

Scrubbing those toilets, making the hotel clean again, sweeping up your cigarette butts and discarded fast-food-wrappers...sweeping the floors and vacuuming your offices overnight.......

How about we keep those and just send the kids back without supervision - like many of them who are here now, you know, came to begin with. Riding on tops of boxcars.

Which ones? ALL of them? Should we do that BEFORE we even start the wall (or laser-shark moat)?? Because spendy.

What's your plan. And who's going to do all the labor on this wall? I bet you could hire a bunch of Mexicans to build it, and they'd build it to last, and do it quickly and efficiently, without complaining, and then when it's finished we can just shove them out or off of the thing toward the south.

*****************ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SARCASM*********************
edit on 6/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Clearly there weren't here first.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: longstalker

The point I was making is that walls (and other fixed fortifications) do not work in the long term. This is a proven historical and tactical fact. But people are free to believe the Trump-aganda.

Works for Israel they are upgrading there's with ground sensors etc. Then there is China they are building a wall as well in fact even bigger than what Trump has planned. They decided to wall off north Korea who can blame them that whole country is nuts when you have a population that believes there leader is a god. Border fences have changed and technology is making them much more formidable. In fact companies are springing up to provide these services as now even in Europe border fences are going up. This is going to be the new trend for countries and expected to be a booming market.

Here's one of the companies providing this service this is a quote from the Web site.

Elbit Security Systems Ltd.

Industrial Park Sderot,
P.O.B 388, 80100, Israel

Tel: +972-8-689-1691
Fax: +972-8-689-1695

Border Security

Our highly sophisticated virtual border security system is a multi-layer border control and management system deploying special border surveillance posts. These autonomous posts include observation systems (LORROSTM, LORROS MK-II) mounted on towers, placed in strategic locations along the border. Each post is a self-sufficient unit, facilitating power, communication, and site security and processing. This configuration enables deployment by stages, each as an independent component.
The system is fully remote-controlled via a central control room. All data from the border surveillance posts is routed to the central control room via wireless, fiber-optic, or other communication infrastructures, where it is processed and displayed. The system can have numerous control rooms, deployed hierarchically, from regional to national levels.
Based on powerful surveillance and management software, the system enables the user to keep an eye on the "big picture" while conducting border control tasks with less manpower, at real time intervals. This improves the reaction time of law enforcement authorities to prevent border violations and to increase public safety.

www.elbitsystems.com...

edit on 6/5/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Man sure has progressed since the 1500s.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

W U T?

Neo. The native peoples of this hemisphere were BROWN PEOPLE. The extreme northern tribes (Inuit, Aleut, etc) are more Asian in racial makeup.

THE WHITE PEOPLE (EUROPEANS) stole all of it. ALL of it, and raped, enslaved, married, or killed the inhabitants. The blonde and fair South Americans are the products of the Spanish...the brown Mexicans (some of whom have Caucasian eyesockets & stature, etc , and some of whom have more Asian eyesockets and stature) are the result of interbreeding.

o_O

neo. seriously, you are just now knowing this?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

W U T?

Neo. The native peoples of this hemisphere were BROWN PEOPLE. The extreme northern tribes (Inuit, Aleut, etc) are more Asian in racial makeup.

THE WHITE PEOPLE (EUROPEANS) stole all of it. ALL of it, and raped, enslaved, married, or killed the inhabitants. The blonde and fair South Americans are the products of the Spanish...the brown Mexicans (some of whom have Caucasian eyesockets & stature, etc , and some of whom have more Asian eyesockets and stature) are the result of interbreeding.

o_O

neo. seriously, you are just now knowing this?

Absolutely!

A class I actually took in college. The Native Americas migration.

Asia/Mongolian ancestry - - - migration across northern land bridge - - - then moved mostly down the center of the Americas.

Coastal Natives seem to be a bit different.

There are some minorities on the east coast of South America that have different ancestry. They came across the southern oceans by boat.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
That is about the snippiest 'math' I have ever seen.

C4ISR can be done with a handful.

4 or 5 FOB's with helos/v-22's spread ever few hundred miles. about 30 people per.

No, it can't. Do you know how I know it can't? That's what they're doing right now and people are clamoring that it's not good enough.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Works for Israel they are upgrading there's with ground sensors etc.

Is theirs constantly patrolled by soldiers who have the ability to use deadly force?

Apples to rutabagas again.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
color me thunderstruck by this thread...
gob having been duly smacked by those intent on smacking noisy gobs. And what have you.

One could hardly have imagined that Americans would be going at each other like this, right? I mean, say.....170 years ago....didn't we already do this sort of crap? One would think humans are capable of learning and making progress.....but;
here we are.

edit on 6/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Have you ever looked at a World Map? I guess you've never heard of the Coast Guard either.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
a reply to: Annee

Have you ever looked at a World Map? I guess you've never heard of the Coast Guard either.

I live at the beach. I used to live on the border.

It's a big ocean. Just how big do you thing the Coast Guard is?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have read through page 6 and some points I want to make:

1. Walls can't/don't keep people out.
-Obviously walls and locks and vaults don't stop all crime but they are a major deterrent. If they weren't, people wouldn't bother with the expense and hassle of them. I don't know the stats, but I believe most crimes are crimes of opportunity. Not having a wall, lock, etc. gives someone a better opportunity to steal your stuff.

2. Walls and laws aren't a deterrent.
-Laws set up the punishment for crime, which makes the laws ipso facto the deterrent. Without laws setting up the punishment, there is no punishment or deterrent. Deterrents can only detour all but the hardest criminals. Gun-free zone? Most people follow that rule, but all don't. Speed limits? Same deal. Walls make it harder to get into/out of someplace which is a deterrent to most people.

3. People who cross the border illegally, are breaking the law.
-I don't believe in shooting them on site, but they need to be detained and deported. Multiple offenses should be treated like the 3 strikes policy. We are supposed to be a nation of laws and consequences for breaking them. There are laws against entering this country illegally and there is a proper process for becoming a naturalized citizen, as slow and messed up as it is, and if someone really wants to come to this country and become a part of our society, please go through the proper process.

4. I'm defending immigrants.
-Immigrants follow the laws to enter a country legally to become a citizen. My great-grandparents immigrated here legally from Norway. People crossing a lonely stretch of border against the law, are illegally here and need to go home and go through the proper channels.

As stated, my family came here as immigrants and I have nothing against others who want to come here. I couldn't be more happy I was born here and don't hold it against anybody else who wants to come here. I just want them to do it legally. I don't think it's too much to ask to follow the rules to be allowed in, especially when we expect everybody already here to follow the rules as well or face the consequences.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: longstalker

Walls work, we had simple rolled and stacked concertina wire "walls" on the borders of Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland, plus around every military base and key point installation (like generating stations and water pumping stations). They worked well and stopped terrorists dead in their tracks. Forgot to mention, the fences (walls) were running hot wires at 3300volts@1amp, so about 3300 joules. Better living through electricity ;-)

Now, I am not a proponent of killing people on barrier systems (CSIS would say otherwise....waves....), I don't believe people should die for crossing a border unless their provable intent is terrorism/murder, but lethal fences are a real and serious deterrent. It's great having all the TDR, echo recon, kinetics, thermal imaging and 3d/planar bitmapping systems, but this technology costs extra money. Straight electrification using ratiometric current analysis is the best, simplest and least expensive way to set up an effective barrier.

I know you'll say that people will get creative and dig tunnels. Of course they will, they might even try to put ladders up or fly over it and that's where the other fun stuff becomes necessary. I looked at doing this in the spring of 2007 for a not-to-be-named company/agency in Texas, since I had already designed and built these kinds of systems hundreds of miles long on a national level (borders) overseas.

Walls work until you turn off the electricity.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join