It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border wall(fence) has been partially built for years now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Where did you get all that info? Links please.

Seasonal

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nice.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Walls are a deterrent, They lower the amount. Of COURSE they are not absolute.

Claiming walls do work is like claiming laws do not work. Well someone stole a car today, Guess laws don't work, better abolish laws.
Well someone still killed someone even though we had police patrols out, I guess police don't work, abolish them.

Sir, why do you live in a gated community, don't you know the bad guys could still get you!. Yea, you're right I'd be better off living in downtown detroit.

Hey bank manager, why do you have a vault? don't you know if someone really wanted to they could still break in. Yea, you're right, I'll just leave the cash in the lobby.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Nice.

I may invest in a shovel company too.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Claiming walls do work is like claiming laws do not work.

Laws are not a deterrent to crime, punishment is supposed to be.

What a giant logical fallacy.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They do? How did that person manage to get into the White House? Teleporter?

Yeah they do. Aren't any repeat offenders now are there ?

They actually Go to jail, and have no 'get out of jail free card'.

Considering you and I had this conversation already in which you brought up the White House wall you are not capable of 'getting real', You are too caught up in your own hysteria to look at history which is the best predictor of the future. Fixed fortifications do not work.

Yeah right.

Spin me another tale.

www.americanthinker.com...

If I am caught up in anything.

It would be the FACTS.

Or does the personal safety of American citizens mean jack snip to you?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here's the fence (its incomplete)

Here's getting around (or over/under) the fence.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neo96
All they really have to do is put the same technology that protects Area 51 on the southern border.

The 'technology' that protects Groom Lake is semi-automatic rifles and the ability to use deadly force if you trespass.

I don't have a problem with nor should anyone else.

Considering this SNIP.

Wild West: Drug cartels thrive in US national parks

Law and ORDER.

That aint suppose to be just a tv show.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Typical liberal defense...
"The current crappy wall(fence) doesn't work so lets just screw it!"
The OP even contradicts him/herself in the title having to add "fence" after "wall". Basically an omission that it's not very secure. The fact you have to twist words to get your point across is sad. The wall(fence) you mention is but a barb wire fence in many places. Sure it will never be 100% secure but the presence of a wall alone will be a statement and deterrent.

Right now we might as well just put up a sign that says human traffickers, drug runners, and criminals welcome. Of course I have sympathy for the people just seeking a better life. But I understand that a better life is more attainable if the Mexican people are given a better quality of life in Mexico. Rather than America buckling under the pressure of trying to assimilate so many people so fast.

This is what the Mexican government built across it's entire border with Guatemala.

These are the pamphlets the Mexican government hands out promoting illegal immigration to America.

The wall is more of a statement to Mexico saying we are sick of your BS games.
America has a bigger economy, more purchasing power, and more global influence. They will either play by the rules or be kicked out of the league.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Which could easily be stopped.

If the powers that be wanted too.

But a certain party that leans left just wants to make some instant voters to pad their base.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah they do. Aren't any repeat offenders now are there ?

Yeah, actually it happens with some regularity. Right after the person got into the White House another person jumped the fence with a knife. Did the 'wall' stop him? No. Can anyone jump that thing? Pretty much anyone.

You make it sound like if there was just a wall everyone would be deterred. What the real deterrent at the White House happens to be is the armed Secret Service agents.

Let me help educate you, there are not that many border patrol agents and none of them are on shoot to kill orders.

Spin me another tale.

The perpetration rate of illegal aliens is not relevant to whether a wall works or not. I know you enjoy getting all hysterical and bent out of shape because of your inability to see things rationally but these are two wholly separate issues.

Or does the personal safety of American citizens mean jack snip to you?

Building a wall is not a deterrent otherwise we would not have people going through, over, under or around it right now.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find it absolutely hysterical that the same people that think free college and healthcare for EVERYONE is somehow affordable. But think a wall on our southern border isn't.
Talk about a double standard.

The sky is the limit when it comes to liberal spending. I bet most of the members hear attacking the wall idea also support the Bernie Sanders 19 trillion dollar budget.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I see. So you are advocating shooting anyone who crosses the border illegally?

I have a problem with that, but then again, I am not mental.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The sky is the limit when it comes to liberal spending. I bet most of the members hear attacking the wall idea also support the Bernie Sanders 19 trillion dollar budget.

Both are pie in the sky bull.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah, actually it happens with some regularity. Right after the person got into the White House another person jumped the fence with a knife. Did the 'wall' stop him? No. Can anyone jump that thing? Pretty much anyone.

Stops most people. Then there is the whole group of people armed with assault weapons that make them think twice about it.

Let me help educate you, there are not that many border patrol agents and none of them are on shoot to kill orders.

Funny.

The perpetration rate of illegal aliens is not relevant to whether a wall works or not. I know you enjoy getting all hysterical and bent out of shape because of your inability to see things rationally but these are two wholly separate issues.

So clearly IGNORE crime statistics and call someone 'hysterical'.

Makes perfect sense!

Not .

Building a wall is not a deterrent otherwise we would not have people going through, over, under or around it right now.

When they learn that there are serious repercussions those numbers will decline.

Maybe it's time they started getting the bulls horn, instead of doing absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I see. So you are advocating shooting anyone who crosses the border illegally?

I have a problem with that, but then again, I am not mental.

Clearly didn't read that link.

Or any other source about how our national parks have been conceded to DRUG CARTELS.

I am fine with a warning shot.

They don't turn around.

Another one.

After that what happens NEXT is on them.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Then there is the whole group of people armed with assault weapons that make them think twice about it.

And where are they on the border and what are their orders in your apples to rutabagas comparison?

Funny.

Also true.

So clearly IGNORE crime statistics and call someone 'hysterical'.

Well, you are, since this has nothing to with the efficacy of wall building.

When they learn that there are serious repercussions those numbers will decline.

What 'serious repercussions'? What violent masturbatory fantasy do you want to see implemented?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Clearly didn't read that link.

Your link is irrelevant.

After that what happens NEXT is on them.

So you advocate discharging firearms at anyone who crosses the border illegally?

Like I said, I am not mental, so I do not advocate shooting unarmed people.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
But I understand that a better life is more attainable if the Mexican people are given a better quality of life in Mexico. Rather than America buckling under the pressure of trying to assimilate so many people so fast.

How do you accomplish that?

Probably needs its own thread, but had to ask.

Ideas without solution - - ya know.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And where are they on the border and what are their orders in your apples to rutabagas comparison?

Really now. apples to rutabagas!

What ever.

Well, you are, since this has nothing to with the efficacy of wall building.

Wanna try again ?

Those crime statistics is pretty big reason people want a wall.

Those Trump protests with mexican flag wavers throwing things at people, and being VIOLENT.

Makes more people support such a 'lame' idea as building a wall.

What 'serious repercussions'? What violent masturbatory fantasy do you want to see implemented?

I want the LAWS of this country faithful executed, and OBEYED, and those people.

ILLEGAL immigrants who think they are above such trival things as our LAWS.

Be taken to task like EVERY OTHER Criminal in this country.

Not a lot of ask.

That's what I Want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join