It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton opens up double-digit lead over Trump nationwide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo
The rule of thumb for statistics is the percentage of a sample group must be larger than the margin of error . The margin of error on most statistics is generally about +3/-3 %. If I may borrow from Abe above

Out of 146,000,000 registered voters this is roughly .001%.

Thanks Abe

So you see , the number polled as a percent of the entire group does not even come close to a margin of error of +3/-3 %
So , scientific ? Scientific is all in the eyes of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The rule of thumb for statistics is the percentage of a sample group must be larger than the margin of error . The margin of error on most statistics is generally about +3/-3 %. If I may borrow from Abe above

Out of 146,000,000 registered voters this is roughly .001%.

Thanks Abe

So you see , the number polled as a percent of the entire group does not even come close to a margin of error of +3/-3 %
So , scientific ? Scientific is all in the eyes of the beholder.

So a polling of the American people with a sample size of five million people wouldn't pass scientific muster? Scratching my head at this one but then again, I'm certainly no statistician.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

It's not the size of the sample that matters.

It's HOW REPRESENTATIVE it is of the general population.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish
A truly accurate one yes. But in modern math , who cares about accuracy , right ?
Now , if that is for one city that the 1400 were polled , the way would be say , this is a poll on how the people in Akron Ohio feel. That makes it a much larger percentage than saying this is how voters feel . That would encompass the entire nation of all subgroups.

That is where all the media polls take you. Not so much accurate .

edit on 6/4/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
A truly accurate one yes. But in modern math , who cares about accuracy , right ?
Now , if that is for one city that the 1400 were polled , the way would be say , this is a poll on how the people in Akron Ohio feel. That makes it a much larger percentage than saying this is how voters feel . That would encompass the entire nation of all subgroups.

That is where all the media polls take you. Not so much accurate .

I see your point and I thought this is what you might be implying. I've often wondered how accurate any of these national polls, election related or otherwise, can ever really be due to how many different sub-groups end up represented under the whole.

But again, a statistician I am not and I don't pretend to know how any of that works.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: onequestion

Trump is full of radical conspiracy theories and BS so he's gonna drop the bombshell whether they're true or not.

I didn't say anything about anything being true.

Also, many of them are especially the damage done to our economy during Bill's tenure as president.

NAFTA GAT Repeal of Glass Steagal

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You must have missed her very powerful speech on Thursday afternoon. Everyone was talking about it. The best speech of the campaign on either side.
She sounded very presidential as many were saying. The fact that all trump could come up with against her after the speech was that she was reading the teleprompter badly. That wasn't true (it's the Donald after all) . She was flawless and brutal.
The general is going to bring out the fact that Trump has nothing to offer except mocking and lies. He is thin skinned temperamental and as Hillary said UNFIT TO BE PRESIDENT.
If you missed it I'm sure it's online.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The world is paying attention. They do not like what they are seeing with Donald Trump.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I can tell you that's not true.

I know tons of people all around the world who simply despise that criminal hillary which you seem to blindly follow and trust, even though you are registered to ATS, which makes no sense to me, like how on earth is this possible?

Here on Balkan in Europe, Donald Trump has got a lot of supporters, which is unusual because people don't really care that much about what happens in the US. I know he's got tons of supporters in Russia as well.

Ordinary people like Trump, and that's what hurts you the most. Please Trump, make America great again! It's already been a long time...
edit on 614k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Landslides? Yeah when he's the only one running sure.
You haven't seen a landslide yet but you will come November. The biggest landslide in election history.
Go Hillary ! ! !

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Once it's time to talk about policy and platform other that rhetoric about walls and Mexicans and wow just yesterday I heard him say "Where's my African American..there he is" about probably his only minority supporter and he called him my African American. I betting not anymore. The issues are going to create a gulf between these two that Trump will never be able to navigate. Hillary will leave him in the dust.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

When it says Hillary is ahead anyway...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Honestly?

The only poles I trust have sweaty, pretty women dancing around them.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really dont believe anywhere did I mention who was ahead ? Or even that I cared. The question was asked if that was a scientific poll. Scientific , maybe. Realistic by Statistics standards. ? No.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You can say it but the videos of these foreign leaders saying just that are out there for the world to see.
I don't blindly follow Hillary. I happen to have really studied the issues I have read her views and I've followed her career for decades. The blind ones are the ones who call her a criminal.
Can you name one thing that a court has ruled on that says that. Nope. Because that's never happened. You should really research a little before you slam Clinton.
Trump is UNFIT TO BE PRESIDENT. Dangerously incoherent.
edit on 642016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You're kidding right? You really don't know that the last time we had a balanced budget was under Bill Clinton?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

How am I a member? I guess they weren't checking ID at the door that day. They let a democrat in.
I'm astounded at your comment. Truly.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My response yesterday to this exact post:

You know what, If I didn't personally witnessed the noble work of Hillary Clinton way back in 1996 in Bosnia( remember, when we barely gout out of there alive, because of all the snipers ), and If I hadn't been following her since then, I might have believed you. That's how brainwashed her followers seem to be.

And just because she has yet to be convicted of those numerous criminal charges, does not mean they are false. It just goes to show you she has the support of the establishment, which means, till something drastically changes she will not be brought to court. Same goes for all high official criminals, including her, her husband, Bush, Dick Cheney, and so on.

I also remember you mentioning yesterday all the wonderful, worthy things she has done for the people of the US? Care to name ONE thing?
I bet you can't.

And then you go on to tell us that you researched this criminal and followed her for a long time...

But hey, till she gets convicted she's innocent. Doesn't matter if it's not allowed for her to get convicted, in the first place.

edit on 642k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Once it's time to talk about policy and platform other that rhetoric about walls and Mexicans and wow just yesterday I heard him say "Where's my African American..there he is" about probably his only minority supporter and he called him my African American. I betting not anymore. The issues are going to create a gulf between these two that Trump will never be able to navigate. Hillary will leave him in the dust.

That could very well be true.

While presidential material he may not be, I don't think Trump is the monster his detractors try to make him out to be. I agree that he does seem to like the taste of his own foot, though. I understand what he meant with the African American gaffe, I don't think he was being racist at all. But it certainly highlights his tone-deafness!

Unfortunately, there is a large swathe of the population that just LOVES TO find stuff to be offended by and as such, Trump is a gold mine of material. His whole anti-PC thing has worked well for him up to this point but may ultimately blow up in his face if he ignores the optics completely.

We've both made our stances on Hillary fairly clear, if it's going to be President Trump or President Clinton, I don't really care much either way. Technically I could say I'd prefer Trump over Clinton but it would be the same as me saying I prefer getting rough colonoscopies over getting a dry catheter yanked out.

But the overriding point being, if we are going to have a constant swip-swap horse race in the polls or if Hillary is going to leave Donald in the dust... either way it may be better relegated to a single, up-to-date thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

During her tenure as senator she worked to get the 911 first responders covered for injuries and health issues. She was awarded by the firefighters and by the leaders of the firefighters. During her time as first lady she worked to get health insurance for children. Her programmes are still in place today.
She introduced legislature to help returning veterans who wanted to continue their education . This legislation put contacts at every college that offered resources and support for veteran students only.
She introduced legislation that would bring the countries educational resources to every level of society. The so called not college material groups. She wanted to make sure that minorities knew about Pell grants and other financial resources because she believes that an educated country is a strong country.
Children have always been a cause for her. Right out of law school her first job was with a child advocacy group.

I can go on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join