It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 to practice readiness for Northwest megaquake, tsunami

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The June 7-10 exercise is called Cascadia Rising. It is named after the Cascadia Subduction Zone — a 600-mile-long fault just off the coast that runs from Northern California to British Columbia.

“This is the largest exercise ever for a Cascadia break,” said Lt. Col. Clayton Braun of the Washington State National Guard. Braun has been a key planner of the doomsday drill, which is being overseen by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Federal officials say about 20,000 people will be involved in the disaster drill, representing various federal agencies, the U.S. military, state and local emergency response managers across the Pacific Northwest, Native American tribes and emergency management officials in British Columbia.

More at link:
www.seattletimes.com...

The scientists know it's coming. The military knows it's coming. And hopefully now, most of the people know it's coming. Our job is to make sure every last person we can knows it's coming, and does something to prepare for it.

I encourage all to read the additional linked article here:
projects.seattletimes.com...

If only we knew when. Some theorize it's overdue- while others not so much. Regardless, the prudent thing to do if you live out there is to BE PREPARED, as best you can.

Considering this is the largest drill of its kind yet, at least we know that the military and disaster planners are taking it VERY seriously. And that, is a good thing.

Additional FEMA link:
www.fema.gov...
edit on Fri Jun 3rd 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Money, time and resources very very well spent because when it happens its gonna be a civilisation changing show-stopper. It has the potential to effect the entire planet environmentally and economically if Americas lights go out resultant from the much anticipated big one.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If the epicenter is closer to shore, which I suspect it may well be because of where the locked zone is, this could be way worse than even the worst case scenarios predict. They are already saying that it would be the worst natural disaster in US history. Although if the New Madrid did some thing similar with an 8+ or two or three, the way it did back in the 1800's- that could be even worse.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Oh looks like it'll happen the day after anti-christ day

edit on 6/3/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

psst... Hey Sub... Did I mention anything about the end times? Or prophecy? Or doomsday? Or...

*sigh*

I just don't understand how some people around here take any thread discussing these serious matters as some kind of instant opportunity to bring in such off-topic banter. Where is people's sense of focus anymore? Don't they realize they are posting off topic when they do this? And yet somehow see it as ok? I just don't get it. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten me with your infinite wisdom and explain this conundrum to me, oh wise one...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Star and flag my friend good catch.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thanks s&f nice work on the OP, already shared but in a different section-would ask if it could stay despite that for awareness.

I'm happy for the effort in preparedness here. As I may have mentioned before seen family who worked in FEMA have to deal with a hurricane's aftermath being a big challenge to obtain help for those in need and yet years later Katrina turned out to be even more of a disaster due to adequate prevention.

I applaud the efforts to the region already with firefighting to prepare for the likely very harsh wildfires.
edit on 3-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

For them, it is not off topic.

BIG QUAKES are a very significant part of END TIMES prophecies.

So, a thread on a big quake in this era is virtually certain to have some comments from folks of that perspective.

I don't think you have to be offended or consider it off topic.

It is merely another interest/values group with an opinion about the OP. Why be upset over it?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Yeah, all of which have FAILED. Did the world end in 1960 after the 9.5 in Chile? NO.
Or what about after the 9 in Sumatra 2004? NO. Or the 9.1 in Japan in 2011? NO.

NO. NO. NO.

Will the world end after a 9+ in Cascadia? NO.

The rest of us who like to maintain some kind of scientific sense about earthquakes are getting pretty darn sick of hearing about another FAILED prophecy. And to me, it most certainly IS off-topic. I just assume people who want to go that route stay away from my threads.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Yeah, all of which have FAILED. Did the world end in 1960 after the 9.5 in Chile? NO.

NO. NO. NO.

The rest of us who like to maintain some kind of scientific sense about earthquakes are getting pretty darn sick of hearing about another FAILED prophecy. And to me, it most certainly IS off-topic. I just assume people who want to go that route stay away from my threads.

I couldn't agree more. The sensationalist approach is to always assume extremes. Most things are black and white to them. It's a fairly confining and inaccurate approach to these topics.

On topic, the Juan de Fuca actually had a swarm of earthquakes in the past decade. Nothing came of it, but it could have been a sign that the plate is beginning to move.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The rest of us who like to maintain some kind of scientific sense about earthquakes are getting pretty darn sick of hearing about another FAILED prophecy.

Those that are not part of your "the rest of us" are sick to death of failed earthquakes that did not bring about the prophecy....so there's that

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
M.T. Keshe has made the earthquake prediction that will shake the entire American continent whose epicenter will strike CA. Gov is working with him directly to mass produce the shield generators that are pingpong ball in size but with specific liquids at high rotations that generate a protective shelter barrier over a family. Military is way passed seeing the demonstrations of this technology and are implementing it for preparation of this catastrophe.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your research and commitment regarding EQ and seismic warnings/preparedness. Most people are reactionist by nature, but proactive thinkers and doers tend to survive catastrophies, however maybe not of this potential type and scale. Again, thank you for attempting to bring heightened awareness to the Cascadia Subduction Zone, as well as New Madrid, and all the other EQ hotspots you've reported on.

Specifically, what kind of instrumental warning time should those in the Pacific NW, CA, or even along the New Madrid expect at our current technological abilities? Would an hour of warning even matter or allow for life saving logistics? 24 hrs? Or will it strike so hard and fast on the drop of a hat that all in the way are screwed? I understand no one knows when, as it could happen anytime or 1,000 years from now or in between.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I would prefer a lot of contrarian jokers stay away from my threads, too.

But that's not the way ATS works.

BTW, the time for the wholesale fulfillment of a long list of big quake prophecies has not yet come to be.

However, it could begin in short order . . . over night . . . etc.

And, discussion of such MAY JUST SAVE SOME LIVES.

I wouldn't begrudge that for a second regardless of my biases.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

NO. NO. NO.

End time prophecy does not necessarily mean the end of the world!!
I like this one Joe Brandt saw an Earthquake sink Los Angeles, much of California and Japan www.biblebelievers.org.au...

The effect was world wide...who knows.

Since I am stuck living on one of the worst parts of the possible disaster I like to look at it from all sides the world is not a black and white place where we understand how it all works it is good to leave room for the future of science which may look more and more like science fiction.
I do however appreciate your science directed point of view.

Not seeing your post saying anything mine didn't
popularity counts I think!

edit on 4-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

NO. NO. NO.

Wow TA, I would think that from a scientific point of view, all human perspectives would be both interesting and valid. But good luck with your cherry picked audience.
edit on Rpm60416v28201600000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

He just doesn't realize that earthquakes are the birthing pangs of mother earth creating our new fifth dimensional planet, lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: randyvs

He just doesn't realize that earthquakes are the birthing pangs of mother earth creating our new fifth dimensional planet, lol.

I would call it being to clinically involved.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
here's the snip of the 'comment; I left on another site that praises the Obama position to WARN americans that disaster is on the horizon & to prepare....

COMMENTS SECTION;:

musivick • 9 minutes ago

the Obama warning was not-at-all about the Cascadia Earth-movement Drills upcoming... he Let's You Assume that's what he is warning about.

the hundreds of terror-Jihadist cells in Scores of Refugee-Resettlement Cities is the actual cause of alarm that he is citing (in the Muslim manner of warning before the act)...

the west coast & central time zones are first to experience the Muslim call-of-attack on the electric Grid by these imported terror cells...
not some far fetched subduction zone land collapse in the Pacific NW...

just my .02¢

allnewspipeline.com...

that's my subjective view

in the connect-the-dots-mode.... look at this separate news article about ISIS instructing 'lone wolf' Jihadists or teams of terrorists I the resettlement cities in north America or Europe to time their Jihad wisely this June ,,,''as 5 June starts the Islamic Ramadan...

hey just read the article....

is the Obama warning about American people in distress about EQs or about Jihadi militants in June ??

freebeacon.com...
June 3, 2016 4:50 pm

The Islamic State is urging jihadists in the United States and Europe to carry out terror attacks during what a group spokesman promised would be “the month of conquest and jihad.”...

don't be duped by the fake head moves being played out by the top usa leadership is my advice

edit on th30146508801404532016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join