It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Sports. Can you make a fortune?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This my play thing for the next season.

edit on 3-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Hm. Just tried it. (dota2) ... I forgot I had a Steam account.

Kind of hard on a track pad and laptop to play that...it reminded me of Diablo II mixed with Warcraft.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Dude you need a proper rack!

These be my playthings:

Connected through to this:

And connecting to my computer with this:

Speaking of which, I need to get back in there...
edit on 3-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Rack is in datacenter, it's just a dev lab until finding it's semi-permanent residence downtown.

Some nice gear you got there! I been meaning to visit my music producer friend's studio he got a new place a while back.
edit on 3-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yeah...the avalon is nice...I need to run my other mics through it to test it out. So far I've just been running the Neumann through it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Hm. Just tried it. (dota2) ... I forgot I had a Steam account.

Kind of hard on a track pad and laptop to play that...it reminded me of Diablo II mixed with Warcraft.

Dota 2 is very difficult to play without a proper mouse. Hell, it's hard to play period without a bunch of practice.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

When it comes to sports anything goes.

If it is a "game" it can easily become a sport. Only because it requires a lot of critical thinking on your feet.

Even animal and insect fights are considered sports.

So I say an electronic equivalent shouldn't be ignored.

If that is what people want to see then let them see it. I personally don't watch any sports. I don't care for them. But I do want to become a contender for e sports only because it doesn't really require any physical training.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't see why not
If people enjoy watching others play Football, why can others not enjoy watching people playing games?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would say it is a sport due to personal bias but at the end of the day if darts, chess and snooker are considered 'games' then so is competitive gaming, even at a professional level.

It often gets dismissed though as some waste of time and pointless excercise by our generation (and the one above), but it requires an immense amount of skill, dexterity and mental agility to outplay your opponents in whatever form that may be, whether it's through direct feats of the body or an extension of that through a mouse and keyboard or controller.

But regardless of the general opinion (which has lessened to a degree as a result of tv networks now showing 24/7 e-sports), it's here to stay and is only gaining momentum

top topics

<< 1   >>

join