It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do a search for "my (n-word ending in "a")".

See a million uses including countless song lyrics.

:yawn:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

All individuals should have maximum freedom.

Lets finish that statement with "under the law"

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Do a search for "my (n-word ending in "a")".

See a million uses including countless song lyrics.

:yawn:

It's about context and perception in politics. Trump wasn't rapping music...he was campaigning!!!

I honestly don't think Trump is a Racist but this is damn sure how it will be perceived by ALL minorities.
Donald knows this and will drop out soon.
edit on 3-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Okey doke. Whatever you say.

When Obama tries to relate to black voters by using slang like "okey doke" like he did against white people like Hillary in 2008 and then again against Trump last week it is perfectly fine but a white guy like Trump trying to relate to black voters is the worst thing ever.

edit on 3-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Watch Fox...

Now even Fox is trying to distance themselves from Trump. They are positioning themselves for the Trump replacement. They have grown weary of defending his dumbass statements. Without Fox...adios Donald!

You can make Obama comparisons all you want....Trump isn't running against Obama remember?
edit on 3-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

But He wasn't REALLY trying to relate to black voters. He was trying to spin that he could simply because there was ONE black dude in the crowd.
It's so stupid, it hurts.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well I think any reasonable person would notice that most of the violence occurs at trump rally's. whether the perpetrators are actual Hillary or Berny fans or just goons hired by George Soros would be a more pertinent question. Its entirely possible that public funds are even being used to disrupt or manipulate these campaigns one way or another. This is a conspiracy site after all right?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
This is a conspiracy site after all right?

You don't have to twist my arm on possible conspiracies surrounding this election. I'm with you.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
He couldn't have just said "My African-American friend"?

Instead, he claimed ownership of him.

I thought that, too, when I heard it. It was a weird statement...and pitiful.

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
But He wasn't REALLY trying to relate to black voters. He was trying to spin that he could simply because there was ONE black dude in the crowd.
It's so stupid, it hurts.

Oh, Gawd, yes, so stupid, it hurts!

Maybe The Donald will remember the Peter Principle from his business knowledge. Maybe he will understand that he has promoted himself to his level of incompetence. Sad. So sad.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

How do many black people greet their friends? How often have you heard the following:
"My *n-word*!" followed by some manner of cordiality?

Where's that outrage? What? Oh, you're saying it doesn't mean any preclusionary ownership of another, it's just a figure of speech which indicates fondness and commraderie?

I see...

Hypocrisy 101: Fear of a racially harmonious world where colloquial enthusiasms aren't fair game for petty bitchiness.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider this to be out of character for Trump
More like him having a teleprompter slump.
So, I can't see what difference, at this point, it will make
Because we all know that haters will continue to hate.

This is my rhyme for the day kids.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump isn't running against Obama remember?

www.vocativ.com...

Hillary Clinton took pains to establish herself as the Democratic candidate who would most faithfully continue the legacy of President Barack Obama

He is when his opponent is running on a platform built around Obama's presidency. Simple rule of war, the horse (or in this case the jackass) your enemy is riding into war presents the largest and most efficient target by which to stop your enemy's advancement. Drop the donkey at full gallop and it very well may seriously injure the soldier riding it as it collapses into a rotting heap on the battlefield.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I addressed all of that on page one. My argument is that he's either too stupid or too arrogant to understand how it would be construed. As a potential President, I would expect more sophistication and nuance than that. I mean, his argument for his foreign policy gravitas is that he has a "big brain". But he apparently isn't even smart enough to not give his critics the very gun to shoot him with, How will that play out on the world stage?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm not black and I say "okie dokie" all the damn time. It's just part of my regular daily vocabulary.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I addressed all of that on page one. My argument is that he's either too stupid or too arrogant to understand how it would be construed. As a potential President, I would expect more sophistication and nuance than that. I mean, his argument for his foreign policy gravitas is that he has a "big brain". But he apparently isn't even smart enough to not give his critics the very gun to shoot him with, How will that play out on the world stage?

Ah, but he's got what, 40% +/- pf the country which will despise him regardless of how much he plays the ass kissing and pandering game and 40% +/- who are firmly behind him BECAUSE he refuses to play that game.

The question really is, are there over half of the remaining voters not in the 40% anti or 40% pro camp who will appreciate his "kiss my ass" approach to those who dislike him.

Current polls seem to provide a resounding "YES!" to that question.

As for the rest of it, sophistication is meaningless on the world stage. What matters is strength and power. I'll take one guy with freed middle fingers, a chip on his shoulder, the willingness to speak freely, and the balls to do what he says over 100 sophisticated stuffed suits that say one thing but mean another everytime.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah but in the context of "he's an okie doke" or "do the okie doke_, it's what black people say about white people. Sorry, OT, but, you know,I discounted Trump's racial intentions on the first page, not sure why the member wants to keep having that argument. Trumps comments were stupid across the board, in every way, not just racial.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Not after today. Wait for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Okie Dokie and Okie Doke aren't the same phrase nor do they mean the same. Okie Doke is slang for "BS" and Okie Dokie is slang for "OK."

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I don't know why white people get so butthurt about an expression they're "not supposed" to use.

"It's not fair!"

Well, usually the SAME people complaining about the double standard using the "N" word are the same people in other situations to remind us that life isn't fair.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Not after today. Wait for it.

Actually, after the little punks in Cali pulled their show of force this week rioting and acting like fools, I expect Trump's poll numbers will soar. Americans, at least unafraid Americans, don't like to be pushed around and almost always do the opposite of what loudmouthed thugs threaten us to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join