It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary University: Bill Bagged $16.5M from For-Profit College as Hillary SD Funneled $55M Back

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The Three D's employed by the agents of disinformation. Best not even to reply to such.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

hmm...shall we throw suspicion on every company that is expanding into panama?
let's start with MWH Global...

The new, expanded Panama Canal will open for business at the end of June. Coloradans who worked on the project will join dignitaries and heads of state here for the official opening. The first vessel that will make its way through the new canal will be from China.
www.9news.com...

it seems that some of their employees will even be meeting with some very important people in panama in june...
and look, there's a chinese connection here!!

do I believe anything I am writing here? not really but it seems to be about the same tactic that you and most political hacks are using when it's to their benefit. find some connection, and then start slinging crap around and hope something sticks!

and gee, I though it was the conservative camp that thought that all this free trade, free markets, globalization, and outsourcing was great for our economy.

www.pef.uni-lj.si...

why would anyone think that education would be immune from this drive to expand, and internationalize?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'll bet one of the 3 Laureate schools in Chile was this:

One of Laureate's Chilean schools had a loss of accreditation last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:
Ah yes....Here we go:

Laureate-affiliated universities under fire in Chile

Launching a far-reaching investigation into profit-making by private universities will be top priority for Nicolas Eyzaguirre, who is due to become Michelle Bachelet's education minister when she is sworn in as Chile's President on 11 March.

Professor Victor Perez, rector of Universidad de Chile - the country's largest public university - has repeatedly summoned outgoing minister Carolina Schmidt to carry out 'a formal and in-depth' enquiry into the way America's Laureate Education Inc entered and operates in Chile. Finally, on 19 February, Schmidt announced that she would be investigating four universities, on top of two other processes that were already underway.

The universities include two of Laureate's affiliates - Universidad de las Americas or UDLA, and Universidad Andres Bello or UNAB - which are suspected of having violated a law that forbids profit-making in higher education.

www.universityworldnews.com...

Apparently, the same illegal operation of Laureate also takes place in Turkey and Mexico.
edit on 5-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Again, I fail to see the relevance of what you have posted.

You're attempt to pigeon hole me tells me all I need to know.

Do you know how to post on topic?

So, the Clintons are operating in multiple countries in violation of laws there as well as at home?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Again, I fail to see the relevance of what you have posted.

You're attempt to pigeon hole me tells me all I need to know.

Do you know how to post on topic?

So, the Clintons are operating in multiple countries in violation of laws there as well as at home?

The university Bill represented for $16.5M, which is championed by the Clinton Foundation...and who's president and Chairman received $55M U.S. taxpayer dollars from SOS Hillary Clinton through the SD...is operating illegally in these three countries.

In Chile, we've seen how they eventually were investigated and ultimately lost their accreditation.

In Mexico, Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo took over the insanely lucrative position ($16.5M) vacated by Bill Clinton.

Ernesto Zedillo, the former president of Mexico, has been named a Presidential Counselor by Laureate International Universities, the world’s leading higher education network. In his new role, President Zedillo will advise Laureate and its more than 80 institutions on academic innovation, and private and public sector collaboration to increase access to higher education.

www.laureate.net...

In Turkey:

Pictures of Clinton line a walkway at Laureate’s Bilgi University in Istanbul. Photos of him also hang outside the rector’s office, along with images of Becker and Turkey’s prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

In 2010, Laureate’s UEM gave an honorary degree to Erdogan.

www.washingtonpost.com... -11e3-9556-4a4bf7bcbd84_story.html

...I'm sure there was a 'cash' elememt to that 'honorary degree'...or, perhaps Turkey received a little extra something from SOS Hillary and the American taxpayers.

We also know Clinton political 'friends' have accepted high-paying positions with Laureate:

Laureate has installed several people from Clinton’s administration in key executive and board positions, including Richard Riley, the former secretary of education; Joseph Duffey, the former head of the U.S. Information Agency; and Henry Cisneros, who served as Clinton’s secretary of housing and urban development.

www.washingtonpost.com... -11e3-9556-4a4bf7bcbd84_story.html

Is it any wonder that Laureate loses hundreds of millions of dollars each year and is estimated to be $4.7 BILLION in debt?
EVERYONE is getting Payola from this University...and the Clinton's practically run it.
'PayOut Is A Biatch'!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

At the rate things are going, you could likely find a scandal for every day of the year for that pair. Funneling money to Bill, from a lousy college that takes any and all, just for profit. But, no! Look at Trump!!

How anyone can support this woman, I can't imagine.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

At the rate things are going, you could likely find a scandal for every day of the year for that pair. Funneling money to Bill, from a lousy college that takes any and all, just for profit. But, no! Look at Trump!!

ADD the fact that Laureate's major investors (such as Goldman Sachs) are ALSO paying huge speaking fees Bill and Hillary.
They're gettin 'Clinton Cash' from every possible angle of this scam.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

ADD the fact that Laureate's major investors (such as Goldman Sachs) are ALSO paying huge speaking fees Bill and Hillary.
They're gettin 'Clinton Cash' from every possible angle of this scam.

Yet not in jail for this! No justice in this country these days. I see the usual suspects arrived to try and discredit this. Any integrity, and people would be abandoning such a proven crook.

Excellent thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They don't care. Crooked Hillary may be a crook...but she's THEIR crook.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
UPDATE: Laureate Debt no longer $4.7 BILLION
Laureate University's debt is now almost $6 BILLION ($5.9B--Moody's)

Moody's downgrades Laureate Education's CFR to B3 from B2

Laureate's total debt (including Moody's standard adjustments) now stands at approximately $5.9 billion as of March 31, 2015

www.moodys.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
But WAIT...there's MORE:
Hedge Fund Billionaire George Soros...Hillary Clinton's MAJOR campaign donor...is ALSO a MAJOR investor in Laureate University.

Connect the dots people! Laureate University is a major Clinton Cash machine scam for Bill, Hillary and all their crooked buddies!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

UPDATE: Laureate Debt no longer $4.7 BILLION
Laureate University's debt is now almost $6 BILLION ($5.9B--Moody's)

They are looting everything in sight !!!

Last ditch effort?

A last hurrah ?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have no dog in this particular fight.

People talk about left wing media vs right wing media...

I saw this posted in the comment section of an article one day and saved it....

I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THIS INFORMATION... lets be clear about that right off the bat....

And I quote:

"ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obamas Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obamas Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obamas Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clintons Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

And now you know why it is no surprise the media is in Obama’s pocket. Yathink there might be a little bias in the news ???

Isn’t it interesting that every place you look in Obama’s administration people fill positions because of who they know, not what they know or how competent they are ---- and you wonder why our country has so many problems. Good Grief WAKE UP!"

edit on R392016-06-05T19:39:33-05:00k396Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I'm sure your facts are true. I hear Liberal Washington D.C. is very incestuous with the Media these days.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Roger Stone called the Clintons carreer criminals... If any of this what is said about the Clintons is true the us citizens should feel ashamed that it is possible the man could ever be their president and that his wife is about to become president.

I can imagine that it must be very frustrating for an "awake" US citizen to see that his fellow americans are choosing such people to lead their country. I am not an american citizen and of course there is corruption within my government but what is happening in the US can not end well.

Can not end well for the USA...and because of that can not end well for the rest of the world. I am not talking from personal experience when I say it is hard to look the other way if some company pays you a million dollar to look the other way when being a member of congress. But that is more or less happening in the us government. Most if not all members of congress and are millionairs. Is that because they can not fail playing on the stockmarket?

I do not have evidence for this and do not say every person in government is dirty but it is as if they do not care to hide it anymore. As if they know that the one throwing the first rock is dirty aswell.

Where does this end..? I know it will only end if these people are stopped in their tracks... the hard way.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They don't care. Crooked Hillary may be a crook...but she's THEIR crook.

They can keep her! Maybe they could all go off together and colonize Mars......

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Staying with major Laureate investor and major Clinton backer George Soros:

Laureate’s investors include Soros Fund Management LLC, chaired by billionaire progressive leftist George Soros; SAC Capital Advisors LP, a hedge fund that recently settled insider trading allegations to the tune of $1.2 billion; and KKR, a private-equity firm based in New York.

collegeinsurrection.com...

According to Forbes, Soros-owned Laureate University (Walden) is the #1 university in the country responsible for the accumulation of individual student loan debt. Laureate is consistently described by 'scammed' students as a "Diploma Mill".

FORBES:

For-Profit Colleges Encourage Huge Student Debt

The biggest borrower on the list is Walden University, whose grad students borrowed $756 million last year, according to the CAP report. Walden is owned by Laureate Education, a for-profit education company that hopes to go public next year. This seems to be a profitable enterprise, at least for its CEO.

www.forbes.com...

NOW...factor in THIS:
Soros was actively funding protests against high student loan debt.
He is also demanding that U.S. taxpayers help repay those student loans through government repayment programs.

George Soros backing student loan protests

Gainor pointed out that much of the push for government intervention could be traced back to liberal billionaire George Soros. “Higher education is run by the left in this country. We’ve got the government funding these low interest loans, which have enabled high education to, you know, skyrocket in cost. So now, they’ve got this problem where student loan debt, as you said, is at a trillion dollars.

collegeinsurrection.com...

Soros is actively driving up student loan debt through his own 'for-profit' scam (diploma mill) of a university (#1 student debt-generating university --according to Forbes) , while financially backing the movement to get the government to pay back student loans that HE is owed!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't know a great deal about Hedge Funds...but I do know Soros is known for buying up debt at a fire sale discount.

Laureate is currently $6B in debt.
Soros is a part owner of Laureate
Laureate had an IPO a year or so ago
Along with debt, Laureate has extensive international assets...including extensive real estate holdings numerous politicians and and previous leaders of nations on it's payroll.

Soros is funding Hillary Clinton who has previously, in her role as SOS, helped to support Laureate U.
Soros is funding a movement to get the U.S. government to pay down Laureate's massive debt

So I ask those who understand international financing and business better than I:

Is George Soros looking to drive Laureate into massive debt...only to 'vulture fund' it by buying it's massive debt and assets at a huge discount...and then counting on the Hillary Clinton administration to pay off Laureate's remaining debt?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If you've never worked for a university, you may not understand that their professors are expected to bring in grants. The grants are highly contested, and well documented. Many federal agencies offer grants and grants have a very thorough and well documented review process. They typically have independent committees that make the decisions and they're made up of scholars.

So to simplify that, grants aren't something that area easily scammed. The process around them is thorough and has independent validation. If you've ever worked for a company that applied for grants, or worked at a university then you will understand how absurd it is to suggest that someone can just setup an entity and get the grants. Thats unfortunately not how it works. "Grant" is a misleading word because it says nothing of the process companies and universities go through in applying. Most grants take 9-12 months for approval and as I said, the government agencies don't decide the grants behind closed doors, nor do their staff make the decisions. Its a board that makes the decisions.

So I can see where it might be misleading to many who believe "Grants" are easy to come by. They're not. And any government agency offering them is held to very high standards for documenting worthiness of the grantees. But don't take my word- go actually investigate what it takes to get through the process. Any university professor would be happy to talk to you about how difficult the process is.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

That coke and sex slave lifestyle really looks like it's wearing on old Billy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join