It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A guy trained a machine to "watch" Blade Runner. Then things got seriously sci-fi.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Believing in God, I would suspect before Artificial Intelligence was able to exist very long at all, it would go the route of the Tower of Babel. The other type of demise might come as an EM attack/burst, where the robot/units would be destroyed or rendered all but useless.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

doesent every video camera ever made arleady do this in much better resolution ? Or am I missing something?
edit on 6-6-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

We actually do something similar at my work although the medium being slurped isn't necessarily raw data. We use a load balancer with several servers ahead and several behind and a set of clustering services to parse and maintain the data in shared cache. We actually produce Network hardware which does this on the app level for worldwide data center's and remote offices. Its pretty cool. The tech actually analyzes the traffic compresses and encrypts it based on telemetry from another data enter or something predefined and accelerates data streams on the fly as long as there's an appliance at both endpoints.

IT's intriguing tech but something that has been around for a bit, It seems like this guy has done more to apply data and information splurping techniques to a video stream then to actually make a break through in AI programming. Now when the program can take in the video and encode it for different end uses based on accumulated information, Ill definitely act a bit more impressed. Maybe I just want more use cases

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join