It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO, the TV series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Oh yes...... really looking forward to this refurbishment being released.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

Hell yeah!!!! S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Great show ,well ahead of its time.
I watched the episodes available on youtube a couple of years ago and it's still very watchable.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Excellent. Remember it from first time around but only as a kid.
Should be good to see how my memory holds up.
It'll also be fun to see how it worked its way into the public consciousness and what influence it may have had on subsequent "sightings" and the narrative of their reporting.
Cool.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Remember watching a few episodes on TV, downloaded a few years back and watched them all.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Watched it as a kid. Good stuff, Maynard.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Brilliant!!... got the last updated (Carlton) 2 box dvd collection.. now blu-ray...cool.
My fave TV show ever....very dark,and very far reaching....ufo's, abductions,human harvesting, secret black military organisations..... Watching the series should be a pre-requisite to post here on the ufo/conspiracy forums...lol
I wonder what happened to the movie remake that was touted a few years ago.
ufo
BTW... did you know that the two main stars died within a week of each other? (ed bishop / michael billington)
Whats your fave episode?.... timelash, mindbender,survival ?
edit on C2016vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2016 19:31:41 -050030PM7America/Chicago6 by CovertAgenda because: adds

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
Brilliant!!... got the last updated (Carlton) 2 box dvd collection.. now blu-ray...cool.
My fave TV show ever....very dark,and very far reaching....ufo's, abductions,human harvesting, secret black military organisations..... Watching the series should be a pre-requisite to post here on the ufo/conspiracy forums...lol
I wonder what happened to the movie remake that was touted a few years ago.
ufo
BTW... did you know that the two main stars died within a week of each other? (ed bishop / michael billington)
Whats your fave episode?.... timelash, mindbender,survival ?

The guy playing Straker in the remake is meant to be the guy who plays "Damien Darhk" in "Arrow", with his hair, I guess he's a shoe in for that part? Ed Bishop's daughter use to be a big fan of the band I play in, he moved to live not far from where we were based what's more , our Bass Player use to share a flat with the son of Captain Scarlet, well the guy who did his voice. Col Lake, is Benedict Cumberbatch's mum in real life, as well.

I agree, pretty much the whole pantheon of UFO folklore is in there and bits that aren't, can usually be found in Nigel Kneale's work. I think my favourite episode is the one with the "Psychic" and the ramifications that story line has for the "history" of mankind. Okay, so the FX etc look a little hokey by today's standards and the acting is of its' age however, still rattling good plots and concepts that are still very relevant to today.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Neal P. McDonough wasnt it?...i kinda grew into the idea of him playing straker.....
I cant seem to find the website for the movie, it first came up around 2011 with the movie anticipated for the next year... but now cant find it again.
Agree some of the Fx is a bit average, but then again some of it was so good it was almost 2001-esque..
Ive always wondered how much of this could possibly be based on truth.... hidden in plain sight... or as you say, how much has been absorbed by the folklore..
The best intro of a tv series too.... and music... Barry Gray.... i have a copy somewhere (online at fan site i recall) of some of the original recording sessions, all done live, can even hear the leslie speaker rotating in the background.
Thats quite a bit of history related to ufo...whats your band called/myspace page link.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Actually here is the studio take...
ufo

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Received the Bluray this week. The quality of the cinematography is stunning, looks so much better than I ever remember it. Shame is in the old 4-3 mode so black borders however, it isn't artificially stretched so looks as it should. I think my favourite episode is probably "The Sound Of Silence", with the UFO in the lake and its' occupant looking for humans to harvest for their organs.

The original run sold out before it was even released so there's a bit of delay if you order now. I'd forgotten how "downbeat" the endings to many of the episodes are, even though the immediate threat has been thwarted, the cost in lives lost is never merely seen as "collateral damage".

Thoroughly recommended, if you enjoyed it years ago I doubt you'll be disappointed by this release.

new topics

top topics

join