It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Freija

PS: Calling black people "colored" isn't very nice.

Tell that to the NAACP!

I was simply using an antiquated term to point out antiquated thinking. I thought about using the N-word to make it more clear for you. The PC term "person of color" is inclusive of any non-Caucasian race and what I normally use when not trying to make a point. I was making a point.

You failed.

She succeeded, admirably.

Note my previous post.

Again...different opinions. One just as valid as the next. Except that she used the racial slur in speaking to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I believe that Freija is referring to the common way that Blacks were referred to in the time period when the nonsensical "separate but equal" some are advocating for was in vogue.

You may believe that...maybe I took it differently. Maybe I read her words and thought she was being racist. I'm trying to champion fairness, equality and tolerance...she is using racial slurs. I may not appreciate that. Unless you don't think I'm allowed to have an opinion about it also?

I've seen you use the term "snowflake" before, which I've recently learned is a racist term against Whites.

Will you therefore be ceasing to use that term?

Maybe you did think someone was being racist, counter to everything that person has ever written here at ATS.

I don't appreciate your continual false equivalence that Trans* women are actually men.

So, I'm sure, since you're (now) so concerned with tolerance, you'll oblige me, right?

But when it is a fact that what you call "trans women" are absolutely not of the male sex, then you can be as insulted as you wish. Facts are amazing things. There is only one answer. Now...if you would like to quote a medical Doctor stating that a person can change their biological sex...please feel free.

I challenge you!

I do not own the term Trans* women.

So, your feigned concern over discriminatory language was false?

I had hoped for better.

As a matter of fact I can answer you last request: AMA Calls for Modernizing Birth Certificate Policies

The AMA rejected "gender affirmation surgery" as the guiding requirement for changing birth certificates as inconsistent with current medical standards. The new AMA policy also supports that any change of sex determination on an individual's birth certificate must not hinder access to medically appropriate preventive care. Medical options for transgender people include a medically appropriate combination of mental health care, social transition, hormone therapy, in addition to the option of sex reassignment surgery

Please read my post just before yours. I'm dying to hear your opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Are you subtly suggesting that Trans* women are merely "disguised males"? That's a tired tactic.

If someone is attacked or assaulted and the authorities are contacted, I can assure you they aren't going to go for a sex check.

They will evaluate whether there is a probable crime, or, whether someone is merely overreacting.

Sexual predators are not going to draw attention to themselves by "dressing like a woman." That has to be the most ridiculous argument in this whole mess.

Pedophiles? Who mentioned pedophiles? Pedophiles will be kept from assault the same way they are now.

Unless you're trying to suggest that all Trans* folks are perverts or pedophiles?

You seem to be confessing your own imagination here ... do you often find yourself thinking of ways to infiltrate bathrooms?

I would not think that of you, but that last post concerns me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Still doesn't meet the requirement. You will always be the sex you are born. The document doesn't change a thing biologically.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

PS: Calling black people "colored" isn't very nice.

Tell that to the NAACP!

I was simply using an antiquated term to point out antiquated thinking. I thought about using the N-word to make it more clear for you. The PC term "person of color" is inclusive of any non-Caucasian race and what I normally use when not trying to make a point. I was making a point.

You failed.

She succeeded, admirably.

Note my previous post.

Again...different opinions. One just as valid as the next. Except that she used the racial slur in speaking to me.

So you're going to stop using "snowflake"? You're going to stop referring to Trans* Women as "men in a dress"?

Awesome.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So, in other words you do want all women to get over their fear of men in their restrooms and locker rooms... Got it, you want to force your will on them, got it...
edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

link   

Still doesn't meet the requirement. You will always be the sex you are born. The document doesn't change a thing biologically.

The AMA and legal precedent disagree with you.

As does medical fact in sex reassignment surgery.

Are you suggesting DNA tests now to use the loo?

Are you sure you're not in favor of more government interference in our lives?

link   

Are you subtly suggesting that Trans* women are merely "disguised males"? That's a tired tactic.

If someone is attacked or assaulted and the authorities are contacted, I can assure you they aren't going to go for a sex check.

They will evaluate whether there is a probable crime, or, whether someone is merely overreacting.

Sexual predators are not going to draw attention to themselves by "dressing like a woman." That has to be the most ridiculous argument in this whole mess.

Pedophiles? Who mentioned pedophiles? Pedophiles will be kept from assault the same way they are now.

Unless you're trying to suggest that all Trans* folks are perverts or pedophiles?

You seem to be confessing your own imagination here ... do you often find yourself thinking of ways to infiltrate bathrooms?

I would not think that of you, but that last post concerns me.

Good try at dodging the question again. The first you dodged by linking to something about birth certificates that had nothing to do with biological sex. Now you are dodging the question about a suspected pervert in the woman's room....not an assault.

Oh well...I'm done. My wife (biological female) is home from work and we just may have normal (male and female) sex before going to sleep.

Have a good night everyone

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

So, in other words you do want all women to get over their fear of men in their bathroom... Got it, you want to force your will on them, got it...

When you find yourself saying "so, in other words" you might remind yourself that you're setting up a strawman argument.

I would have a world where no one was afraid to go into any bathroom for any reason.

Also, I am not responsible for your fantasies, so own them, and stop projecting them on me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Biological sex is on the birth certificate. That's prima facie evidence.

Just ask North Carolina.

Thanks for sharing your private details with us. I'm sure, somehow, that's on topic here.

"Sleep" well.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The largest majority of transgender people are cross dressers, and the larger majority of them are attracted to women.

Transgender People

Cross-dressers: A person who dresses in clothes traditionally associated with persons of the “opposite” gender. (Formerly known as Transvestites) Cross-dressers are the largest subgroup of Transgender people. Most cross-dressers are heterosexual men, though a number of other men and women cross-dress as well.

www.csuohio.edu...

Then there is this.

Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden
Cecilia Dhejne,1 Paul Lichtenstein,2 Marcus Boman,2 Anna L. V. Johansson,2 Niklas Långström,2,3 and Mikael Landén1,2,4,*
James Scott, Editor
Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Then there is the fact that perverted men now have an excuse to being able to go into women's restrooms and locker rooms.

edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm not going to waste time addressing your obvious lies again.

Cut and paste with someone else.

/ignore

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Please tell me why this isn't an issue in the states that have already passed non-discrimination laws for transgender people? Why is all the trauma and raping and pillaging only happening in the conservative states' bathrooms?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

My lies? seriously?...

Did i make those up?...

No, instead it is obvious that you want people to accept your own opinion, and that women "should simply accept the fact that any man can now go in the restroom and locker rooms with them"... After all, it's the law implemented by the far left.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You quoted some pdf from some class at a university that confused cross-dressers (transvestism, a fetish or in some cases a paraphilia) with gender identity.

You know that is not true.

When you post something you know isn't true, that's called a lie.

I don't ask anyone to accept my own opinion. actually. I have quoted medical authorities like the AMA.

You're now claiming (again) that I have said something I didn't. Another lie.

Dishonest people bore me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Please tell me why this isn't an issue in the states that have already passed non-discrimination laws for transgender people? Why is all the trauma and raping and pillaging only happening in the conservative states' bathrooms?

Maybe because you aren't looking?... Because in many of those states they have made it illegal for anyone, even women to even question why a man is using the restroom and people will get arrested and they will be sued for it?...

You Will be Made to Care: Washington State Makes it Illegal to Ask a Man What He is Doing in a Women’s Restroom

Security Guard Arrested For Removing Man From Women’s Bathroom The security guard was a woman.

You think those are the only instances?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You quoted some pdf from some class at a university that confused cross-dressers (transvestism, a fetish or in some cases a paraphilia) with gender identity.

You know that is not true.

When you post something you know isn't true, that's called a lie.

Tsk, tsk, you obviously don't even know the truth...

This from a transgender website btw...

Frequently Asked Questions
Are transgender people the same as gay/lesbian people?

No. Transgender is about gender identity and gender expression where as gay, lesbian, bisexual, and heterosexual/straight is about sexual orientation, which is emotional and physical attraction to others.
While transgender people are sometimes assumed to be gay or lesbian based on stereotypes about gay men and lesbians, the terms are not interchangeable. Transgender people also have a sexual orientation, just as everyone else in society, which can be heterosexual (straight), bisexual, or gay or lesbian.

www.transpeoplespeak.org...

You are confusing gender identity with sexual orientation, they are not mutually inclusive. Just because a person sees himself as "a woman inside" doesn't mean that person is attracted to men.

Cross-dressers are transgender.

What is a Crossdresser?

"Crossdresser", "Transvestite" or "Transgendered Person" are terms used to describe a person who regularly takes on the appearance of the opposite sex in order to satisfy a deep personal need.

We use and prefer the term "Crossdresser" as it is less limited and coloured by common usage.

Above all, however, a Crossdresser is a real person.

www.gendercentre.org.au...

Here, from another transgender website...

A crossdresser is someone who enjoys dressing as a member of the gender "opposite" from their birth gender, but has no desire to change their sex permanently. Crossdressing is one form of being transgendered.

This information is provided by:

The International Foundation for Gender Education
a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the transgender community
P.O.Box 229, Waltham, MA 02454-0229
Tel:781-899-2212 Fax:781-899-5703
E-Mail: [email protected]

www.ifge.org...

So, again my statement stands as the truth, the large majority of transgender people are attracted to women because the largest subgroup of transgenders are cross dressers.

edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Can you quote anything in which I have confused sexual orientation and gender identity?

Bet you can't, because I haven't.

Did you notice that your citation that you're so proud of is in an area of the www.gendercentre.org.au... called "Old" and "Old Kits and Fact Sheets"?

I'm sure that was an honest mistake, right? Riiight?

I mean, you wouldn't be intentionally misrepresenting what people or groups say, right?

This is an example of what their current information describes about Trans* folks:

Transsexual people prefer to be referred to by the gender pronouns and terms associated with the gender identity they identify with. For example, a transsexual man is someone who was assigned the female sex at birth on the basis of his external genitalia, but despite that assignment, identifies as a man and is transitioning or has transitioned to a masculine gender role and has or will have a masculinised body. Transsexual people are sometimes referred to as 'female-to-male' for a transsexual man or 'male-to-female for a transsexual woman. These terms may also be abbreviated as 'M2F', 'F2M', 'MTF', 'FTM', 'M to F', 'F to M', or 'transwoman' and 'transman'.

Citation at www.gendercentre.org.au...

Your attempts at misrepresentation are becoming pathetic.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Your attempts at misrepresentation are becoming pathetic.

LOL, my attempts at misrepresentation?

I even showed several transgender websites and they state transgenders include people who are attracted to women but do have a "feminine side".

Here, from one of the transgender website I quoted before...

A crossdresser is someone who enjoys dressing as a member of the gender "opposite" from their birth gender, but has no desire to change their sex permanently. Crossdressing is one form of being transgendered.

This information is provided by:

The International Foundation for Gender Education
a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the transgender community
P.O.Box 229, Waltham, MA 02454-0229
Tel:781-899-2212 Fax:781-899-5703
E-Mail: [email protected]

www.ifge.org...

edit on 4-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Good god at the blatant mischaracterisations!

Let's see what the next two sentences are in your source at The International Foundation for Gender Education actually states, eh?

How do I know I am not a transsexual?

Transsexuals feel "in their soul" that they are the opposite sex. They feel at odds with their own body. Many will crossdress to feel more comfortable, but this is a temporary remedy. Some will undergo SRS (sexual reassignment surgery), or hormone treatment, others simply live full-time crossdressed.

How will I know if I'm a crossdresser rather than a transsexual?

For some it's hard to tell, because you may be dealing with the frustrations of wanting to dress as a member of the opposite sex and not being able to. Others know and feel their true sex. By allowing yourself the opportunity to periodically crossdress and establish some normal routines while crossdressed, you will develop a sense of what gender attributes you have. It may be some time before the euphoria of crossdressing subsides so youҲe in touch with your true feelings.

Why don't you give us a quote from a recognized source ... like the American Medical Association , or the American Psychiatric Association that verifies the RIDICULOUS claim that Trans* people are cross-dressers?

Because you've gone beyond the pale in terms of being ridiculous.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join