It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianapax

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah gender dysphoria mumbo jumbo can take a leap, you are what you are, no amount of Frankensteinian hack jobery is gona change the DNA. My brain told me when I was a kid I had an invisible friend. Did that make him real? Hell no!

When I grew up, I wanted to be a fire truck.
You hav'nt grown up bud! Perhaps one day, you can still be a firetruck. Lmao! I'm sooo sick of this DNA BS! Have you or all you who are against transpeople ever had your DNA scanned???? I bet NOT! I know for a fact! If you did, you may be shocked by the results! Oh and btw how many of you have actually met a transperson before???? I'm betting the answer to that is none! Have you ever sat down and had a beer eith one? Talked about ...whatever...before you judge people, how about acrually meeting a few first! And on a final note. This site primarily is for people who are interested in aliens, yes? You really think aliens are EVER going to reveal themselves to us? We can't get along with each other! Imagine it for a minute. The day we've all waited for! Aliens are finally landing in washington. The hatch opens and out comes a being...wait a min! I don't think i like the way it looks...and what's this? They're not male or female? Well we better not let rhem play in any reindeer games! You people are pathetic!

A repeat customer at my work is a transvestite. Full on Rocky Horror Picture Show variety. They're a smart person. Studies ancient Greek Bibles and stuff. I still wouldn't want him/them in the bathroom with my daughter.
I wonder what aliens would find worse: Us trying to put people into various molds: You go in the boys room, you go in the girls room. Or us having such capacity to delude ourselves that we no longer call a spade a spade or a pot black or a penis a penis. I'm not a xeno-biologist so I couldn't tell you. I do agree they'd probably find us deeply effed up though.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What happens when a transgender male (born female, transitioning to male, male hormones, no surgery) who looks like a male goes into the women's room? What will you do when your female family member complains that there is a male in the restroom? How will you know if it's really a male or if it is transgender male? Are you going to demand they pull their pants down so you can see?

If we can't tell then noone is going to notice or get anxious. This is about the one's where you can obviously tell. And how is this even a new issue? Over 200 women fought in the Civil War as men. We didn't need an Executive Order from Lincoln about latrines though.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: Konduit

Non-discrimination laws protecting transgender people have been in effect in this country long before Obama was president, so you'll have to blame someone else for that.

But Obama is instigating the divide attitudes.

Well, to be honest, it's folks that continually talk about the "divide attitudes" that are causing the divide.

The President's Administration did its job, as usual.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

LOL excellent. I think I even remember his speech: "We choose to go to the Toilet in this decade and do the other things, not because they are hard, but because they are easy; because that distraction will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills". Ahhh Obama.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is about the one's where you can obviously tell.

Who says?

Can you state a source?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This is about the one's where you can obviously tell.

Who says?

Can you state a source?

The source was my own brain. As many people on ATS have noted sometimes you really can't tell when they get their "look" right. I used to see Maury episodes about it about a decade ago. He would have lots of butch looking women come out. Then he'd have lots of "normal" looking women come out. The butches would all be real females and the "normal" women were all transgenders. If you can't tell them apart from a normal person then you're going to have no fear of them being in the bathroom because you're not even perceiving them as "different". Hard for me to explain.
It's only when they obviously look out of place that you're even going to worry otherwise nothing is even going to cross your mind about it, it's just another trip to the john.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

1. Which law(s) are you referring to that bestow the rights to demand examinations, in public, of citizen's genitals?

2. Who is going to serve as this supposed "Pee Police" and decide if someone looks male or female enough and check out their "status?"

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: sycomix

originally posted by: Parafitt

Neither are planes, trains or automobiles. And you don't see guns in nature either. Not natural!

Planes fly in the sky, not swim in the sea.
Trains ride on tracks, not the freeway.
Automobiles are not bicycles.
Guns have restrictions on where they can be used.

Still not found in nature. We must eliminate them because they are not natural.

Here's the thing. The brain is a fascinating organ, and still a mystery as to how it all works. We know that sometimes the wiring can get messed up. That's a fact. Logic.

Some people have brains where the wiring connected to gender identity doesn't match the physical body. Those brains work just fine in every other way. People with gender dysphoria are perfectly capable of holding down jobs, raising children and living normal lives in every other way. A person who tries to live like a dog, however, is unable to function properly in a human society. So your analogy is a logic fail.

Yep and this Gender Dysphoria is nothing but messed up wires, just like schizophrenia

There is no drug that will solve gender dysphoria. You can't talk it away with therapy. You can't medicate it away. You can't pray it away. All those things have been tried and failed. This is different than something like schizophrenia.

There are a lot of mental illness that cannot be cured. What is the point you are trying to make?

We went through this exact same line of thought with homosexuals.

Everyone's brain tells them who they are. Some brains tell them their sexual orientation is to same sex.

They still get up, put their pants on one leg at a time, go to work, raise a family, etc etc etc.

Same thing with transgender. They're perfectly normal, except their brain gender doesn't match their physical sex.

Illness would indicate they can't live a normal life, going to work, raising a family, etc.

There is no illness.

Definatly not true. Your assertion that someone with a mental illness would not be capable of doing those things and therefore somehow supportive of your argument is patently wrong.

Take psychopaths for instance. Right away most think of a murderous loon while by and large this is not the case. There are loads of people out there that are diagnosed with it. They are born with it. Yet most of them lead very normal lives and are married with children, have a job, the works. That still does not take away that they have that mental illness, one that cannot be cured.

Your arm is getting longer from reaching.

Gender is in the brain. Even the heterosexual brain. Are they mentally ill too?

If only homosexual sex produced babies, then yes it would be mentally ill to be heterosexual. It's ok. It's God and Nature's way of weeding out the weak links in an over populated environment. So it all works out in the end.

Procreation is an archaic position of argument. First off, there is nothing wrong with their equipment. Second, many heterosexuals are physically unable to procreate. We are currently beyond the need to pump out babies indiscriminately.

Intelligence and talents would be a better measure of contribution to society: Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Alan Turing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's only when they obviously look out of place that you're even going to worry otherwise nothing is even going to cross your mind about it, it's just another trip to the john.

There are born females that look out of place.

So far, it seems they are the ones being targeted.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's a sick world because some men wanna be women and some women wanna be men?

The human mind is capable of practically convincing itself of ANY THING.

For politicos that is obvious to see.

People are overlooking the mental part of the equation here.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a mental disease.

But there are most certainly mental health issues at play.

Therapy never ends for TG's.

I guess one could call that positive reinforcement.,

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianapax

I am post op transexual MTF, and i would like to clarify some of your mistakes! Trans persons do Not require ongoing phyciatric care, also we don't all wear dresses and heels and have long hair. These are stereotypes! I'll have you know i am a schoolbus driver for over 4 years now of children between the ages of 4-11. I have NEVER harmed them in any way! The parents of these children love me! Rhe children love me! The staff at the schools rhink very highly of me! I am one of the best schoolbus drivers there ever was! Or ever will be! Also, with regards to the lady who quot the ACLU because she was uncomfortable, with trans girls in the bathroom i have this to say. When segregation ended and black people were integrated, i'm sure many white woman were nerveous being around black woman. I have to say, even today if they would be honest, many white woman might become nerveous if a bunch of young black teenagers entered the bathroom while they were there! That's the truth! How bout you white men? Does your guard go up when a group of young black men suddenly apear in your presence? Be honest! It's no wonder people are afraid of these situations. The media, and iddiots on the internet are putting all this negative information out there. You have norhing to fear from us! WE are the ones in danger! From you!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

No its called the ladies and men's room not dress up fantasy room

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

No its called the ladies and men's room not dress up fantasy room

Transvestite/Cross Dresser: Cross-dresser
While anyone may wear clothes associated with a different sex, the term cross-dresser is typically used to refer to heterosexual men who occasionally wear clothes, makeup, and accessories culturally associated with women. This activity is a form of gender expression, and not done for entertainment purposes. Cross-dressers do not wish to permanently change their sex or live full-time as women. Replaces the term "transvestite."

TRANSGENDER: An umbrella term for people whose gender identity and/or gender expression differs from what is typically associated with the sex they were assigned at birth.

www.glaad.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How do you even know? Could be early transition or just someone who likes dressing up or an ace hole creeping on girls

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

No you misunderstood me. I was talking about a person that was born a girl, but identifies as a boy. This person looks way more like a boy than a girl. If this person walked into the women's room, what would happen to him? Would people get upset because they think a man has walked into the women's room, when in fact, it's a person with female genitalia?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm not blaming anyone. Transgender people have been using whatever bathroom they want for decades, now it's suddenly a big issue?

I explained all that in an earlier post on the previous page. Do I need to repeat it for you or can you scroll back.
edit on 4-6-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's called waking up

a reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was born with a deep desire to make women look at my penis in public. Unfortunately, I identify as a man, so I have to lie and say I identify as a woman. Otherwise it's illegal to show my junk to the ladies...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
obviously because they have not been exposed to a transgender before - so to see something not out of their daily life and routine, it may have looked suspicious. Thing is, that i find interesting is that the world has to adapt and respect the rights of those that are transgender, fair enough - but do the majority of the transgender community respect the rights of those on the other end of the spectrum? I'm not saying they don't, or should...
If i were transgender, i personally would be aware that for a lot of people, this isn't the norm. I would request to use the disabled bathroom, why, because i care for others - now i'm not saying this is right or wrong, it's just what i would do. reply to: Swills

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Annee

How do you even know? Could be early transition or just someone who likes dressing up or an ace hole creeping on girls

Well, so far only Lesbians looking manly have been kicked out of restrooms.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join