It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Trump Pulls The Race Card

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Drumph"Is a pansy ass of man made of paper mache that argues/rants like He's in jr high.And btw,the snowflake comment that all the hypersensitive delicate/whiners are complaining about..That term imo growing up,has been defined as a soft dwindling flaying object that melts as hits the ground I.E Drumph..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Pyrrho

I can respect that you've actually put thought into your decision even if we have differences of opinion. I do agree that those are some pretty bad choices. In fact, I don't see Hillary and Trump being radically different in many regards not least of which are their shady business dealings, penchants for lying, wanton flip flopping and the fact that they both seem to want to be President just to be President and will literally say anything they think will get them elected.

They're both rather lacking in scruples when it comes to getting what they want.

At the end of the day, I think Trump is probably the worse of the two but I acknowledge there is ample room for argument and it basically comes down to a matter of opinion. There are key differences that are important to me such as who they are likely to nominate for SCOTUS appointments and how they'll conduct foreign policy but all that said, there is one overreaching difference that I keep coming back to in my mind, particularly when he Trump says some s# like this and that is how they're trying to get elected.

Trump is in my opinion, running as a strongman authoritarian. How much of that is real is anyone's guess but understanding their appeal I think says something about what we can expect from a potential presidency from either.

In other words, they'll both have a tendency to act based on the personas they're marketing and I find Trump's to be the far more dangerous of the two.

Can you explain what it is about his "persona" that makes him more dangerous than someone that has literally said they want to provoke attacks on America so we can engage in more wars, not to mention the actual record of her affairs in Libya, Honduras, and other conflicts both abroad and domestic?

It's also notable that Hillary does complete 180 on issues each time she wants to make a power grab. She has taken so many different stances on issues that it is nearly impossible to tell whether she is serious about any of them. You say they both participate in wanton flip flopping, but that is not true. Hillary does, yes. However, Trump has been incredibly consistent on many of his views for decades.

There are very few reasons to vote for Hillary, and none are good reasons unless you work in an industry that benefits from a state of war.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't like Trump and would never defend him but I would like to point out that the word "Snowflake" in reference to a White person is REALLY $&%#&% RACIST. Would you compare an African American to a piece of Coal? No? Why because you're not Racist? Stop using SNOWFLAKE it's ignorant and hateful.

Conservatives are using the snowflake insult all over the place these days, so I think to OP was simply turning the tables.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Can you explain what it is about his "persona" that makes him more dangerous than someone that has literally said they want to provoke attacks on America so we can engage in more wars, not to mention the actual record of her affairs in Libya, Honduras, and other conflicts both abroad and domestic?

Are you referring to this quote?

And then, frankly, there are those who are saying, “The best thing that could happen to us is be attacked by somebody.
“We’re not going to give anything up. And in fact we’re going to provoke an attack because then we will be in power for as long as anyone can imagine.”

Yeah that's not what you thought it was. Here's the video:

She's talking about the different camps of hard-liners in the government of Iran. I know this has been circulating again in some "truth or die" video or some such utter disinformation but yeah, there's the video and here's what was said in case you don't want to watch the video:

Here's the transcript

SECRETARY CLINTON: In fact, I mean, what Jim is saying is a really important point, because we know that there is a vigorous debate going on within the leadership decision-making group in Iran. There are those who say look, these sanctions are really biting, we’re not making the kind of economic progress we should be making, we don’t give up that much by saying we’re not going to do a nuclear weapon and having a verifiable regime to demonstrate that. And then frankly, there are those who are saying the best thing that could happen to us is be attacked by somebody, just bring it on, because that would unify us, it would legitimize the regime. You feel sometimes when you hear analysts and knowledgeable people talking about Iran that they fear so much about the survival of the regime, because deep down it’s not a legitimate regime, it doesn’t represent the will of the people, it’s kind of morphed into kind of a military theocracy. And therefore an argument is made constantly on the hardline side of the Iranian Government that we’re not going to give anything up, and in fact we’re going to provoke an attack because then we will be in power for as long as anyone can imagine.

I'll reply to the rest in another post shortly.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

actual record of her affairs in Libya, Honduras, and other conflicts both abroad and domestic?

Honduras in particular wasn't handled well. I'm certainly not going to defend it. Unfortunately, we've got a really bad history when it comes to both causing coups (which we didn't in this case afaik) and in aiding regimes following the ousting of democratically elected leaders. I've heard her answers on it and they smack of excuses. It's not comforting. However, what would make me think that anyone Trump would bring in would handle anything any differently?

Wasn't Trump just meeting with Henry Kissinger, a man who knows all about Latin American coups as he started a number of them himself?

As for Trump flip flops:

The Iraq War
The Afghan War
Abortion

how about this gem, gun control

His current gun plan details a national right to concealed carry and criticizes “opponents of gun rights” for using so-called "scary sounding phrases like ‘assault weapons,’ ‘military-style weapons,’ and ‘high capacity magazines.'"

But in his book, "The America We Deserve," published in 2000, Trump supported the ban on assault weapons and criticized Republicans who "walked the NRA line." His stance wasn't exactly pro-gun control, but it was a far-cry from his current stance on guns. Here's an excerpt:

"It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions."

How about his views on immigration? If this doesn't convince you, I don't know what will:

However, back in August 2013, Trump met with illegal immigration activists who he claimed "convinced him" to support immigration reform. In a Fox interview detailed in ForAmerica's video, Trump appeared highly sympathetic toward immigrants. "People who have been here for years, hard workers [who] have good jobs, they're supporting the family — it's very, very tough to just say you have to leave," he said. "How do you throw someone out who's been in this country for 20 years?"

I can think of quite a few others. Actually, if I must, I can assemble a list of flip flops he's done in the course of a week or hell, a day (or a single paragraph).

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rule number one, never piss off the judge. Ever. That rule applies to all courts. You dress nice when you are going to court. You are always respectful.

Thanks to social media, judges are informed in real time how stupid people can be. Case in point..

Drug-dealing brothers jailed after mocking judge on Facebook

Thug who gloated on Facebook ‘I win’ when he was spared a prison sentence after beating up a Royal Marine is now hauled back to court and jailed by furious judge

Judge explains why he unsealed Bill Cosby deposition, cites comedian's persona as 'public moralist'

If anything, you'd think Trump would have learned a lesson from Cosby but no, Trump is an idiot. On social media he began his tirade against the judge with his signature idiotic remarks. He gets what he deserves.

Is there anything Trump can do that would actually make you question him for once?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That doesn't seem like much of a flip-flop. He wasn't anti-gun, he was for limited restrictions including the assault rifle ban and longer waiting periods on the background check. Though it's a bit of a tough topic so I do not get surprised when people shift their ideas on something like this, even Hillary. I haven't read that Trump book, though. I'll grab a copy for kindle of it this weekend and see what it says exactly.

As for the immigration control. I'm not sure where the flip flopping is? You're saying he doesn't support immigration reform? That is a large part of his campaign. He wants massive reform, more than will likely even be possible to complete in 4 years or even 8. He even takes credit for making the other candidates talk about it at all.

Hillary, also flipped on these issues but in much bigger ways. She was pro-gun in 2008, now she wants to abuse executive powers to enact more fire arm restrictions. This is a much larger flip-flop than being for/against a a limited restriction. As senator, she was adamantly against illegal immigrants and wanted to tag people coming into the country. Now, she wants to make it easier for people to come here without any intention of gaining citizenship or assimilating.

Now, for a politician to change their view isn't a new thing. Of course, she just happens to do it when she can make a power grab. Nothing of concern, right?

Like I said, no ideal candidate. If I could, I'd get the MSM to cover some of the better candidates that have been running with little to no publicity. However, if/when it comes down to Hillary/Trump, I'll take the chance with Trump that he will at least do well when it comes to economy and global market along with the fact that he doesn't have a record of intentions to abuse power. I'm unwilling to take a chance with someone such as Hillary who has proven they cannot be trusted in any way. With Hillary, it's a 100% chance to be a disaster. With Trump, at least there is some chance of success.
edit on 6/3/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

That doesn't seem like much of a flip-flop. He wasn't anti-gun, he was for limited restrictions including the assault rifle ban and longer waiting periods on the background check. Though it's a bit of a tough topic so I do not get surprised when people shift their ideas on something like this, even Hillary. I haven't read that Trump book, though. I'll grab a copy for kindle of it this weekend and see what it says exactly.

Where I'm from the part I put in bold would be enough to be called "anti-gun" as it would be with the NRA (now that is anyway) and many posters on ATS for that matter. The AWB is just a completely stupid idea. It's a far cry from there to "I will get rid of gun free zones." (which I might add is a pretty damn authoritarian thing to say)

I said that Hillary was a flip-flopper so you won't get any disagreement from me. As little as I care for Bernie's economic policy, he's clearly the most consistent and been on the right side of some key issues like the war in Iraq and the Patriot Act. Hillary's talk about gun control is definitely pandering to an authoritarian streak on the Left, there's no denying that either.

The issue of immigration is complete BS. One of my hobbies as I've gotten older is genealogy. Do you know how many of our ancestors arrived in this country unable to speak let alone read/write in English? A lot of them were lucky to be literate in their native languages. Many of them were distrusted, disliked and sometimes persecuted for their religion (including Catholics, the largest single religious group in this country since the mid-late 19th century). They were demonized by nationalists for purported propensities for violent crimes, including rape (they're always after the women and children of course) and strong armed robbery, gangs, etc — like the "micks" and "WOPs." Do you realize the country from which the most people have ancestry? Germany.

Over and over and over again, the nationalist sentiment has had the same exact reaction to immigration. It's this reaction that led to immigration quotas in the first place. Their all criminals, they won't assimilate, their loyal to their too loyal to their former countries or their religions or whatever else. It's always the same.

I digress! The topic was Trump's flip-flop on immigration. Essentially in 2013 he was "some of these people have been here for 20 years, how can you kick them out" and now it's "they're criminals, they're rapist and some I assume, are good people" and he's going to build a wall and he's going to round up 12 million illegal immigrants and deport them to their countries of birth. After all, "remember Kate!" This is all classic fostering of an unhealthy, irrational nationalist sentiment by an authoritarian.

That's a complete turn around and further more, you say you are concerned with "intentions to abuse power" and this is where again I point to the differences in personas.

Trump is basically promising to do a bunch of things that a president couldn't do but it's a really big chunk of his spiel so he can't exactly turn his back on it if he gets elected can he? Not if he doesn't want to go down in history as impotent "loser" who lost re-election. So what does he do when Congress won't play ball? To me in some regards, Trump is pushing the party and himself further to the right to get elected. Hillary on the other hand is being dragged to the left trying to close thw gap with Bernie. I think she's ultimately going to be more beholden to the better angels of nature. If there's one thing Hillary is, it's willing to be whatever it takes to get elected/re-elected. Her rhetoric over the last few months on gun control does bother me though but its not necessarily something she's making central to her campaign so much as using to pander to a smallish but politically active segment of the Democratic base.

I guess at the end of the day, we'll have to agree to disagree because a lot of this comes down to opinion. My opinion is they both suck but Donald Trump is riding a dangerous wave that sometimes grows into a tsunami and wipes out everything.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You obviously see the vast majority of Mexicans in this country trashing him, being violent, etc. over some comments that were very true and not racist. So are Mexicans a race or not? If not, then he has never said anything racist, right? If so, he still never said anything that was racist. Mexico DOES encourage people to come across illegally, there ARE a lot of criminals that come across.

Deportation stats

41% of the people detained and deported were CONVICTED CRIMINALS. The rest of them ARE CRIMINALS as they are breaking our laws.

HOW IS THAT RACIST??????

Suck on that boob tube some more and just mindlessly drone on and believe everything they tell you to believe.

Braaaaaaainnnns....braaaaaaaiiinnnns..... raccccccciiiiiissstttttttt....

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

The vast majority of Mexicans are being violent?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
sorry but a Bernie supporter calling trump a snowflake is like an alien coming here and referring to us as ETs

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills You don't understand,,,,Trump doesn't give a s**t about being nice or pc,,,,PERIOD ! Neither do I.

link   
a reply to: Swills You don't understand,,,,Trump doesn't give a s**t about being nice or pc,,,,PERIOD ! Neither do I.

link   

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
claiming race/heritage is a conflict of interest is unamerican, shameful and puts a lot of trump supporters in a tough spot.

I'm not talking about the ones that are so far gone they would defend him if he shot paul ryan dead in the street, I'm referring to the ones who typically vote republican and are pretty much grudgingly supporting him mostly as a preference to Hillary or Bernie.

this is a big credibility test for his supporters

edit on 4-6-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I must have missed something. How did Trump play the race card?

This has nothing to do with the topic, I was just remembering when the topics on ATS were based on top secret issues. It seems lately it's all about politics

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Let's be honest, he's a giant snowflake. He flips his # over any and all sleights, real or imagined.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You know the term "special snowflake" was coined by Liberals to describe themselves, right?

It's hilarious.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Trump is a bottomless ignoramus

I will have to remember this one. LOL.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This is the best OP I have read in a long time. Very serious, but I was also cracking up.

Every day, Donald Trump continues to prove that he is nothing more than a idiot whispering authoritarian who hopes to rise to political power through the time honored tactics of tyrants the world over, primarily the scapegoating of ethnic/racial/religious groups and thinly-veiled promises of extralegal measures to accomplish his agenda.

That is the biggest problem. It is idiots who hear him, they will never figure out they are being led to the slaughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join