It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Trump Pulls The Race Card

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If there's one thing you can count on from Donald Trump, it's that somebody somewhere is treating him "unfairly" at any given moment. It's not anything that he does mind you — no, he's "great" — it's just that everyone is trying to do him in.

Donald Trump, con man, backroom dealing crony capitalist, chronic crier, would be serial victim and habitual vexatious litigator, a man who files frivolous lawsuits to silence reporters, architecture critics, former business associates, ex-wives and comedians alike, thinks the judge in his "Trump University" scam trial is a "hater."

Calling a judge a "hater" is what we've come to expect from this whiny man-child but his latest statements about the judge not only typify his weak character and penchant for spurious attacks but make undeniable the ease with which this self-proclaimed "unifier" turns to abject race pimping.

WSJ - Trump Says Judge’s Mexican Heritage Presents ‘Absolute Conflict’

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said.

I expect some Trump drones to immediately pounce on the use of the word "race" in this context because "Mexicans aren't a race!" and well, you're painfully predictable in your self-deluded defense of Trump but does it really matter how precisely we name the varieties of bigotry?

I don't think so.

This sleaze is saying that a federal judge is unfit to preside over his case because his heritage makes him incapable of impartiality. Let me ask you Trump supporters an honest question.

If you think our (currently) great nation is headed in the wrong direction, is this the direction you think it should be heading? Is this what "unity" looks like to you?

Every day, Donald Trump continues to prove that he is nothing more than a idiot whispering authoritarian who hopes to rise to political power through the time honored tactics of tyrants the world over, primarily the scapegoating of ethnic/racial/religious groups and thinly-veiled promises of extralegal measures to accomplish his agenda.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well Trump could be right.

Looks like the "Judge" does have some biases.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't like Trump and would never defend him but I would like to point out that the word "Snowflake" in reference to a White person is REALLY $&%#&% RACIST. Would you compare an African American to a piece of Coal? No? Why because you're not Racist? Stop using SNOWFLAKE it's ignorant and hateful.
edit on 3-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

edit on 3-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

if you are offended because it has "snow" in the name, and is also a white substance, I'd say you need to check yourself.

Honestly... for non-whites it makes sense when they are offended by insulting racial slurs because they are already stigmatized in our society in a number of ways.

The only way white people are stigmatized for their race nowadays is for the fact that they have not been stigmatized. Which means they have ALSO not been victimized (unless they were a victim of a hate crime from a non-white).

I am a Caucasian male, and recognize that I have had certain opportunities that my latino or black friends did not have because they fall into those racial categories (particularly when it comes to my past run-ins with the law)

It's not racist, it's a fact of society. If "snowflake" is THAT offensive to you, you should probably get off ATS and be a "leader" in the SJW movement.

It's pointless whining like this that is dividing us all from one another. Get over it! How are you HONESTLY that offended by the term snowflake?

I have 3 words: That Is SAD
edit on 3-6-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Care to expound on that or are you going with the vague drive by spurious one liner tactic of Trump?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nothing but a clear case of:

pot calling the kettle black

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Who are you to tell someone what they can be offended about? Who are you to decide what non whites can be offended about?

Snowflake can be used as a racial slur.

Get over yourself and your belief in white privilege quit pushing bs on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Do you know why the term "snowflake" is used? It appears as though you don't.

It's a metaphor, and not a racist one for white people but for people who think they are singularly privileged, because each (frozen water drop) snowflake is unique in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Snowflakes are clear, not white.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Be offended by "snowflake" all you want, it's a cop out to complain about something

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Its like someone making fun of the pope...o wait, he did that too

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yeah, this was pretty low of Trump.

If he's smart, he'll apologize.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Be offended by "snowflake" all you want, it's a cop out to complain about something

I am not offended. Just wouldnt tell anyone else what they should or shouldnt be offended by.
It is not a cop out, if I started a thread about redbone obama you would come unglued.T hat thread title would be completely inappropriate, as is "snowflake trump".

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Oh boy.

So, by Trump logic, any case where a black man stands before a white judge, or a white man stands before a black judge, ETC, is a conflict of interest? He'd probably apply that logic to gender, too.

Trump: the man who never does anything wrong. The polls that don't show him favorably are wrong, the pools that didn't show in the lead are wrong, the people who criticize him are wrong, he who never offends but is always the object of offense and scorn...

Poor Trump.

Jesus get me off this planet.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have never heard of snowflake being a racial slur against whites, examples?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I love your use of the term snowflake. I almost did not enter the thread because I am so tired of conservatives using it as a pejorative while describing the tender whining s of many of many people who call themselves liberal. By taking that slur and demonstrating how it can so easily be used to describe their "hero" you have done a good job of pointing out their own weakness of using simple slogans to categorize their political standing. But will they note this? I venture a guess at probably not.

But to the issue of his snowlfakieness. If ever there was an example of those supposed "liberal"characteristics that conservatives have come to hate, they are there in over abundance in Trump.

BTW, you did a fine job of summing up this charlatan. Thanks Anti.

link   

Does this particular judge have a reputation of being biased on matters of race/heritage?

If not, why would we say he is biased? Just because he is of Mexican heritage and Trump wants to build a wall? What id this judge is one of those with Mexican heritage that agree with Donald on the immigration issue?

What this shows is Donald's shallow thinking and bias'.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

Care to expound on that or are you going with the vague drive by spurious one liner tactic of Trump?

Sure. He is an Obama appointee, and ...

WOW: Trump Hatin’ “Mexican Judge” Awarded Scholarships To Illegal Immigrants

Judge Presiding Over Trump University Case Is Member Of La Raza Lawyers Group

just for starters.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ok, I have no right to tell people what they are offended by, fair enough.

But making a huge stink about the term "snowflake", to ME, seems to be part of the problem with a lot of people today who want to complain and whine and play the victim

I just picture trust-fund scumbag Fraternity kids who have never been oppressed in their lives looking for a reason to hold protests because their school mascot is the "Polar Bear" in a predominantly white community

No need to go screaming "RACISTS!!!" over something so frickin trivial...

From what I understand, the word isn't even meant to apply to only whites, it's ANYONE who thinks they are "special" www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 3-6-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

I don't like Trump and would never defend him but I would like to point out that the word "Snowflake" in reference to a White person is REALLY $&%#&% RACIST. Would you compare an African American to a piece of Coal? No? Why because you're not Racist? Stop using SNOWFLAKE it's ignorant and hateful.

Dude. It's Friday. Have a beer and relax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join