It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford researchers unexpectedly reverse brain damage with stem cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Stanford researchers have found that injecting stem cells directly into the brains of recovering stroke sufferers is more than just safe – it actually reverses brain damage

the stem cells also reversed the damage way past the six-month recovery period after a stroke, beyond which it is thought the remaining unhealed brain circuits are completely beyond recovery

If a person is lucky enough to survive one, they may lose a significant portion of their speech-making and motor faculties

scientists took a sample of recovering sufferers all at the stage of three to five years since the incidents

significant gains in speech, vision and motor skills

The technique also shows no immune rejection

Researchers are already looking at other types of damage previously thought to be permanent and incredibly hard to operate on

Source
The first time I heard about stem cells, I knew they would lead to something special. Well, here we are yet again. Stem cells have been used to reverse brain damage in victims of stroke - brain damage which was previously thought impossible to repair.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Good find, thanks! I'm collecting all these crumbs...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Fascinating find! Great to see there is hope for those that have suffered brain damage.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I wonder if this same stem cell procedure would reverse Alzheimer's?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I wonder if this same stem cell procedure would reverse Alzheimer's?

I was just wondering the same thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

As far as I understand, it's a degeneration of the nerve cells that connect brain cells right?

I would imagine stem cells can turn into any cells they want, they would probably just need a road map.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Stem cell treatments for all flat earthers! Yayyyy

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So we now see a pretty good pattern of reversing injuries through stem cell application...I don't see how we are not simply applying this as often as possible as a proactive way of dealing with cancer, injuries and debilitating illnesses.

I'm hoping that the black market figures out a way to clean and strip stem cells because I have a feeling the medical industry is in no way looking to get this down anytime soon.

Anybody here know how to clean and harvest stem cells?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

wow this is big!!!!!!not sure how it would help with alzhiemers...here is the newest article qz.com...

they think they are wrong on the cause...the cause instead of immune activation and over reaction...they think it is vcaused byis immune supression........ theory been tested in rats but got a long way to go.....doesn't always carry over with humans...but worth looking at for sure.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Great!

Now me and all my fighting buddies can look forward to being normal humans again!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Great!

Now me and all my fighting buddies can look forward to being normal humans again!

As one trained fighter to another...

The object was not to get hit. Bob & Weave, clinch, or close the gap.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Yeah but what are you going to do when your sparring the best fighters in the world 6 days a week 10 rounds a day?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Yeah but what are you going to do when your sparring the best fighters in the world 6 days a week 10 rounds a day?

End up being punch drunk.....................

Or having cauliflower ear like a freak.....

edit on 783pm3012America/Chicago16CDT12America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well the cauliflower isn't that bad but luckily my original boxing coach was a defensive mastermind.

Lucky me.

new topics

top topics

join