It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out the Aloe Vera and Cool off the Bern

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Problem for Hillary is many of his supporters will not vote for her no matter what. They will be voting 3rd party.

Oh yeah, I think so too. Sanders, like Trump, has many 'rebel' votes (can't blame them). Those voters will be almost interchangeable, either one will do, as long as it is seen as antiestablishment.

By third party, do you mean Gary Johnson?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I going to stock up on Aloe Vera so I can hose you down when the time comes. I don't want you to suffer.

Aw, thanks. LOL! I don't think I'll need it, though. The only thing that would light my ass on fire is if Trump wins. Then, yes, hose me down! Because otherwise I may spontaneously combust! LOL!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why would Bernie drop out before the convention?
Hillary is under investigation by the FBI. This reason alone should keep him in the race.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Sanders could do the right thing and throw his full support to Clinton and the Democratic Party.

If Bernie wants the Democratic Party to win, the right thing for him to do is stay in the race and challenge Hillary at the Convention.

Bernie polls higher against Donald Trump than Hillary does.
Pulling out of the race only helps Hillary.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

He could beat Trump, but the corrupt DNC probably will not give him the nomination.

The problem with this for me is that I don't think superdelegates should even be a thing. What's more "establishment" than superdelegates? What's less in keeping with democratic principles than having "party leadership" selecting the candidate in spite of the primary election voting results?

An argument could certainly be made that Sanders is the better candidate, particularly against Trump and that Clinton could "take one for the team" but I would consider it a big step backward if she was not given the nomination despite winning the majority of pledged delegates.

I'd prefer Sanders personally and I think he's definitely the best human being out of the bunch but to pretend that there's no difference between voting for Trump and Clinton is wrong. Trump is already making an issue of the SCOTUS appointments and he's right to do so because it's a very big deal. If for no other reason, we need to come together to keep SCOTUS from being stacked in favor of the right-wing for another generation.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sanders could do the right thing and throw his full support to Clinton and the Democratic Party.

If Bernie wants the Democratic Party to win, the right thing for him to do is stay in the race and challenge Hillary at the Convention.

Pulling out of the race also helps Trump, tremendously.

Trump can easily beat Clinton but there's no way Trump could beat Sanders.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: butcherguy

Pulling out of the race also helps Trump, tremendously.

Trump can easily beat Clinton but there's no way Trump could beat Sanders.

You are right of course.
Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
With California and other state elections coming up why would he?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I going to stock up on Aloe Vera so I can hose you down when the time comes. I don't want you to suffer.

Aw, thanks. LOL! I don't think I'll need it, though. The only thing that would light my ass on fire is if Trump wins. Then, yes, hose me down! Because otherwise I may spontaneously combust! LOL!

Lol! That's hilarious.

But my perceived take is, Bernie won't just be a 'lame duck', he will be completely paralyzed.

I think Clinton has the political capitol and savvy to actually achieve her objectives.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I'm curious. How is that you expect Sanders to meet any of his promises? Through executive orders? How can he accomplish the things he wants without congressional support?

Look at all the flack Obama has taken for issuing so many executive orders.

It will be a fiasco.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hillary will only do what her corporate funders want her to do. She won't do anything that would piss any of them off.

I have been getting emails from Bernie's camp, where Bernie is supporting certain people running for congress - those he feels are on the same page as he is. That has been his plan all along - to get us to vote the old corrupted gang out and replace them with "the good guys", which will help him in his mission.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think Clinton has the political capitol and savvy to actually achieve her objectives

Do you mean the Clinton Foundation will get more donations or she will get a new email server?

#NeverHillary

I just donated to Sanders, seeing the email snafu just keeps growing and the IG's report spelled out criminal intentions, I do not think Hilley is presidential material.

As for third party, many Sanders supporters will vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party.

Who has honesty and integrity?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm curious. How is that you expect Sanders to meet any of his promises? Through executive orders? How can he accomplish the things he wants without congressional support?

Look at all the flack Obama has taken for issuing so many executive orders.

It will be a fiasco.

I don't expect him to meet any of his proposals, actually.
But I do think this country will be on the right track to progress. Real change.
It's all about the future and changing the norm because the norm is not working.

How can we be the greatest country in the world in 2016 while our hard earned tax money does not cover basic healthcare for all citizens? Basic higher education for all citizens?

Sanders as president will lay down the tracks for real change, real equality and real happiness, for all.

edit on 3-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ahh Grasshopper. You are idealistic. I really like that about you. It brings back memories of when I was.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Either Gary or Jill Stein.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Hillary will only do what her corporate funders want her to do. She won't do anything that would piss any of them off.

I have been getting emails from Bernie's camp, where Bernie is supporting certain people running for congress - those he feels are on the same page as he is. That has been his plan all along - to get us to vote the old corrupted gang out and replace them with "the good guys", which will help him in his mission.

Admittedly she has funders. But I don't think she is as bad as everyone seems to believe. I think she does want what's best for the country, and of course, not everybody's vision of that is the same.

P.S. Is your father-in-law single?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So, do you think their governor, whom they adore, endorsed her under duress of some sort? ]/quote]
The fallacy of this comment undermines a number of other weak planks in your arguement Lady. Brown is a chameleon of a politician. He is a climber.

After his first incarnation as Gov and his brief run at the Potus way back he took the ruins of his political career and started over in Oakland with a radical radio program and a commune in his loft and built a cadre of young progressives to further what they thought was not only his own agenda but theirs as well. With their support over a few years he ran for Mayor of Oakland and with the name recognition and his followers managed to win that election
He then turned his back on much of the progressive community he had used to support his phoenix like ascent. He then doubled down using his mayor status and ran for gov again and won, but again, not with the progressive values he has espoused, more just down the middle politics. Did the liberals of California like him? Well sure, they had just endured two terms of that Republican Hero Arnold Schwarzenegger so were glad to have the governorship back in Democratic hands.

I can easily see his endorsement of Clinton as a stepping stone back onto the national scene. As he betrayed the progressive community in Oakland and then betrayed the progressive community in California he has now betrayed the progressive community of the nation by endorsing Clinton rather than Sanders.

So who knows what kind of duress he has placed himself under with this endorsement of a status quo Clinton. I wonder at his own aspirations for a position in her cabinet or whatever else she might have promised him.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why doesn't Clinton do the right thing and drop out.

Polls show she is virtually tied with Trump if she really cared more about the party than herself she would bow out because polls show Bernie would win the race with a comfortable margin.

Bernie shouldn't drop out IMO come August convention time polls may show she doesn't have a chance.

Oh boy. You need aloe vera Badly. He can't beat Trump, because he can't win the nomination. Even if he wins California, he can't win.

The party needs to unite. It's past time.

Bernie didn't run as a Democrat because he thought, even for a second, that he would get the Democratic Nomination. He ran as a Democrat because he wanted air time, to get his name, his face, his ideas out there. If he would have ran as an Independent no one would know who the Hell he is, or what he stands for.
His name and face has been on every single news source, multiple times. Way way more than if he would have ran as an Independent, or even a Republican. Going as the ONLY other Dem in the presidential race was literally the smartest thing he could have done.

I'm not a Sanders supporter, but I highly respect his genius.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't expect him to meet any of his proposals, actually.
But I do think this country will be on the right track to progress. Real change.
It's all about the future and changing the norm because the norm is not working.

Exactly. How many of them ever can. But as you point out, it is about the future not just pushing the presently stalled on the highway traffic jam of middle of the road politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

And I respect this:

Sanders has done all he can do and more than he was ever expected to accomplish. It's time that he show that he cares about the Democratic Party, for whose nomination he has been running, but whose affiliation he has never claimed. Clinton needs to not only unify, but also excite the liberal coalition before the convention. She needs the next three months. Sanders should give them to her.

www.nytimes.com...

The above sums up my thoughts quite well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join