It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Referendum voting papers sent to some EU nationals "by mistake"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Postal votes and polling cards have been sent to EU nationals living in the UK The Electoral Commission has admitted , the company responsible for the electoral software used to sort who is eligible to vote has admitted there was a problem and they have now patched their software , polling cards sent in error will be cancelled but with many postal votes already returned it remains unclear how or if they will be screened for ineligible returns.

“We are aware that a small number of non-eligible EU citizens had mistakenly received poll cards and, in some instances, postal votes for the EU referendum,” a spokesman said.
“The software provider has resolved the issue which means that, if any postal votes have been issued to these electors, they will be cancelled and none of these electors will be shown as eligible on the electoral registers to be used at polling stations on 23 June.

“All of the affected electors will also be written to by their local electoral registration officer with an explanation of what happened and will be told that they will not be able to vote at the referendum.”
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nothing would surprise me about this campaign. See ongoing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well.. seems very convenient.. i wonder which way they will be voting?, same as all the other immigrants, I expect..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Well.. seems very convenient.. i wonder which way they will be voting?, same as all the other immigrants, I expect..

It's an interesting one isn't it? I'm not going to say it's exactly the same, but in the Scottish referendum no one living in England, Northern Ireland or Wales were allowed to have a voice, but you were allowed to vote if you were living in Scotland - not Scottish only, but living in Scotland. I wonder if the SNP thought that all the migrants (including from other parts of the UK) attracted to Scotland through no tuition fees, free prescriptions etc were more likely to vote Yes and so thought it would allow them an easy win? Didn't work though did it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I thought that was shameful that Scots living in England didn't get a vote. A lot of friends of mine who have moved to England from Scotland for jobs, but Scottish born and raised, really felt aggrieved that they got no vote, but a Polish person who had moved to Edinburgh 6 months ago did.

top topics

join