It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awake Dating Vice article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Vice article

This pretty much says that anyone who discusses alternative theories, and enjoys to keep the company of others that think the same, are objects of discussion and ridicule. I am in a committed relationship and would not use a dating app and I am disgusted by this. If you want to talk to others that have similar interests through an app you should not be publicly shamed by someone outside of the community.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've encountered this numerous times over the years in social gatherings and places where strangers mingle and converse. Situations where people will get angry and dismiss even the possibility of being friends with someone because they don't agree whole heartedly with one another. It amounts to a childish tantrum like "Oh you aren't as passionate about the environment as I am so EFF you!!"

As CT minded folk we do have to realize and accept that their are some people and theories out there that do the whole genre a great disservice and these looney toons are often the ones that skeptical people immediately think of. My advice to anyone trying to build a relationship with someone who is not already keen to these theories is start small with conspiracies that have a good base of evidence. Do not overload people with every off the wall theory you have heard.

I like to lead by saying "Hey I heard this crazy story one time so it goes like this...doesn't that sound crazy but what do you think?" If they dismiss it outright I'll typically agree and say something like "yeah but that would be some crazy shi if were true though" and laugh it off. If we really want to spread awareness and open mindedness about these sort of theories we need to start small and gentle with people and ease them into it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah.

Last week I came across a dating site for lesbians. I figured I would sign up to get a little insight into lesbians. After a little conversation, they found out I was not a lesbian and not interested in discussing lesbian issues. After that, they didn't want to talk to me. Go figure.

Disclaimer: The preceding story was pure fiction.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What a dumbass article with zero payoff/purpose. Victor summed it up nicely.

top topics

join