It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Erupts outside Trump rally, a female Trump supporter assaulted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Are these the acts of violence you wish Trump supporters would be disgusted by? I'm sure if you ask nicely they might just do that.
edit on 3-6-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Because all those murders happened in the name of politics, right?

I guess every time someone commits a crime it's because they are either right-wing or left-wing, but not because of mental illness or anything like that.

Care to review them one-by-one? I think that's off-topic here. But if you're interested, go review what the shooters stated and claimed about their reasons for their actions, you'll notice a distinct trend.

I'm arguing against violence here. All violence wherever it comes from.

Others are arguing that violence is a phenomenon of one political side (which is patently false.)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Are these the acts of violence you wish Trump supporters would be disgusted by? I'm sure if you ask nicely they might just do that.

I would think anyone would be disgusted by murder, Les.

It shouldn't matter whether I ask, nicely or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

These people are animals. The amount of violence that is coming from the Bernie camp is disgusting.

Way to add to the polarization

Divide and conquer, you know this tactic you have seen it being slung around the place a lot !...why play into it ?....

Enough already with the labels idiots are idiots no matter who they follow and idolize... i bet half these clowns revere the Kardashians as much as they do these liars ..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

No evidence is needed, but this is not a movement these people are prosecuted they are ostracized, they are completely rejected and jailed and sentenced to death, we are seeing a violent movement under the left wing umbrella rear its ugly head, why the hell won't you say that?

I won't say it because political violence has nothing to do purely with "the left" or "liberals" or "Democrats"?

I honestly don't know what you mean by this bit:

No evidence is needed, but this is not a movement these people are prosecuted they are ostracized, they are completely rejected and jailed and sentenced to death

Are you saying there is no organized anti-abortion movement on the Right? That White Supremacists and Anti-Government Militias don't align themselves with Right-wing politics???

I'm starting to think this isn't about violence AT ALL.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

No one is arguing that one political side can or previously has had violence, either side can be violent and this is demonstrated through history, once again, we are seeing a movement of left wing violence and I believe this should be thoroughly investigated as to the causes. It's simple there either is a left wing movement of violence taking place or there is not.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Are Martial arts in grade school considered a fascist idea?
Firearms training in Jr.High?
HOW about like ALL adults know : DON'T touch other people or WE will take that as a licence to attack .
THAT'S RIGHT flinching is NOW fighting.
The situation isn't being PUSHED by the right and in so far as I wish to vote or listen, I won't be touched based on the above.
MANNERS and polite debate ? I'd still win any way.
edit on 3-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

No one is arguing that one political side can or previously has had violence, either side can be violent and this is demonstrated through history, once again, we are seeing a movement of left wing violence and I believe this should be thoroughly investigated as to the causes. It's simple there either is a left wing movement of violence taking place or there is not.

You begin by claiming that you're not arguing that "one political side can or previously has had violence" and end by claiming that there is a "left wing movement of violence."

I'm not the one confused here.

I'll leave you to your thread, Tech ... I had higher hopes that we were all going to agree for once that violence has no place in American politics.

I was mistaken on that point it seems.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Stay safe at the rally. I'll be interested to hear your experience, if you post about it.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Violence absolutely has no place in American politics Jesus Christ man, stop it, you just run around in circles YES there have been violent right wing movements and they are absolutely disgusting, in the same vein there is a clear left wing violent movement taking place now, and you won't say it and if you wish to bow out that's fine, and as you do appeal to emotion, sounds reasonable. I'm willing to say these movements have existed historically in both parties, and one now is rising in the left wing, I think the reasons are fair to investigate and achknoweldge, it goes without saying I was thoroughly disgusted with these videos and what's occurring that's why I'm speaking about this.
edit on 3-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Of course they're disgusted by them, so I suppose your point about Trump supporters not denouncing political violence was a little strange, when that is exactly what they are doing. The point here is, violence towards people trying to go to a political rally in this election is committed by left-wing and even apolitical agitators.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Violence absolutely has no place in American politics Jesus Christ man, stop it, you just run around in circles YES there have been violent right wing movements and they are absolutely disgusting, in the same vein there is a clear left wing violent movement taking place now, and you won't say it and if you wish to bow out that's fine, and as you do appeal to emotion, sounds reasonable. I'm willing to say these movements have existed historically in both parties, and one now is rising in the left wing, I think the reasons are fair to investigate and achknoweldge, it goes without saying I was thoroughly disgusted with these videos and what's occurring that's why I'm speaking about this.

One quick note. I do believe you are sincere when you say you abhor the violence, as I do, as any person does.

I'm suggesting to you that all political violence springs from the same source. It is not right or left, and it has no place in our country.

Good luck with your thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Of course they're disgusted by them, so I suppose your point about Trump supporters not denouncing political violence was a little strange, when that is exactly what they are doing. The point here is, violence towards people trying to go to a political rally in this election is committed by left-wing and even apolitical agitators.

Violence is wrong. There's no need (and no reality) in trying to quantify that it depends from the average member of the Right or of the Left. I don't think you would make the claim that we have not seen Trump supporters here defend the violence that has happened at Trump rallies in the past, as that would be patently untrue.

Violence is the problem, not ideology. Ideology is merely words, and words don't evoke violence, eh?

Enjoy the thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Alright brother, cheers and I do appreciate your viewpoints, you don't have to bow out, as stated violence is wrong.

When you said," I'm suggesting to you that all political violence springs from the same source" my first thought was, they all eat McDonald's?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Of those you listed, their political affiliations seems to be anti-. In other words they don't hold up a flag for any recognized political belief. They support hate and destruction of society.

In opposition the people in one of the above videos show them chanting Bernie...or was it "burn it?" I couldn't tell

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ok , here we go....need proof of the following . Not that I dont trust you ....its just I dont trust you

I'd like to see corresponding disgust from from Trump supporters when the same things happen the other way around.

When have the same things happened in reverse ? To coin a phrase from our Glorius Imperious Leader - "just words , just speeches" . Thats what I see in the above. Just words connected together. No proof , nothing said.
Talk is cheap , takes money to buy land.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Alright brother, cheers and I do appreciate your viewpoints, you don't have to bow out, as stated violence is wrong.

When you said," I'm suggesting to you that all political violence springs from the same source" my first thought was, they all eat McDonald's?

Gastronomical distress as the motivator for political violence? If only it were that simple.

Maalox, bringer of world peace.

The source of political violence is always found in repressed authoritarianism in my opinion. Left, Right, Up, Down.

In the chest of every revolutionary beats the heart of a frustrated policeman.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ok , here we go....need proof of the following . Not that I dont trust you ....its just I dont trust you

I'd like to see corresponding disgust from from Trump supporters when the same things happen the other way around.

When have the same things happened in reverse ? To coin a phrase from our Glorius Imperious Leader - "just words , just speeches" . Thats what I see in the above. Just words connected together. No proof , nothing said.
Talk is cheap , takes money to buy land.

Did you denounce the violence at Trump rallies by Trump supporters earlier in the spring? Or the sad state of affairs of mutual violence in more recent days?

Trust is not the issue here. Only the facts.

Violence is the problem, not who commits it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Of those you listed, their political affiliations seems to be anti-. In other words they don't hold up a flag for any recognized political belief. They support hate and destruction of society.

In opposition the people in one of the above videos show them chanting Bernie...or was it "burn it?" I couldn't tell

I don't agree with your summation of the political bent of the perpetrators I outlined in my cited list.

That list was really fairly off-topic here, and I don't' want to divert the focus that TechniXcality has clearly stated he wants to pursue.

Perhaps another time.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hey now, go whichever direction you want, you are more than welcome here in fact I want you to be here, opposing viewpoints or even just a different perspective are paramount to the free exchange of ideas and actually solving the problems we as a society are facing, I am very riled up yes I've been effected by all this civil unrest and I am looking to lay the blame, I think you make a good point authoritarianism is at the core of political violence.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join