It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacred Writings of Clement of Rome, disciple of Peter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Szarah
Oh My let me use the words of the Bible then

"...make us wise unto salvation." which literally means the same thing.

Salvation is through faith

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No Baptism is a requirement of the Kingdom Gospel - no longer in affect until the great tribulation

It is not a requirements of the Gospel of the Grace of God - currently in affect.

Holy Ghost does not come to anyone unless they first access salvation through faith and take hold of the gift of God, his sons shed blood on the cross forgiveness of sins.

I have already explained that the book isn't what saves, it is what Jesus says saves, that saves.

Jesus says belief and baptism are the difference between Salvation and condemnation.

The rest is just his moral teachings that are all natural for one who has the Holy Spirit but learning them first increases your understanding and Wisdom.

Baptism is forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you don't have the Spirit that book is useless.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Faith in Christ works saves and that alone.

the book tells us how to be saved eph 2:8

Comprehend?

Gnosisisfatin/Szarah when will you just go away

(post by Szarah removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

maybe context will help you see it is ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Come back after you have read your bible cover to cover 20 times or so.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

maybe context will help you see it is ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Come back after you have read your bible cover to cover 20 times or so.

I don't need to read that many times to understand it!!!

And you can post all of the so called Pauline epistles and it won't make any difference.

Christ matters, Paul doesn't.

Christ overrides anything anyone says and I have told you what he says.

Responding with Paul is pointless. He can't over rule Jesus.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved whoever doesn't is condemned.

No baptism no salvation.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Come back when you know Christ and have the Spirit.πŸ’πŸ—πŸΊπŸ„πŸˆ―πŸ‰πŸˆΉπŸˆšπŸˆ²

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I not only know him but I am known by him for over 20 years.

Pifft!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Now we all know for sure you are gnosisisfaith.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
β™‰βžΏβ˜ͺπŸ”―β˜£β™Ώ

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SzarahPIFFT!!!

HIPWABS!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The writings of Clementine and pseudo-Clementine scripture are better than Bible.

***With the exception of the Words of Christ***
edit on 6-6-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Szaraho

whatever Szaraho

Whatever as in "you are correct which is why I have no response."

I figured that would be the result of this interaction.

You have little respect for any non Protestant authorized writings because you are so infused with authoritarianism that you actually believe in the legitimacy of the Catholic religion but only so far as the Bible and a few approved non Biblical beliefs are concerned.

They were good enough to select the contents of the Bible but the true church actually was under the King of England?

Common sense tells us that the thugs who created Catholicism had one thing in mind. It wasn't telling the truth or the whole story. It was to control the massive empire by invoking divine right to rule just as King James later did with the KJV, making sure it was translated pro crown even replacing Emperor with King.

Papal authority was secondary to Empirical authority until the collapse. Although I am sure sneaky Pope's played puppet master occasionally the purpose of Catholicism was order.

Man would now need intercession by a priest in divine matters.

The Roman Church were more like Nazi's than the Nazi's themselves and invented new meaning to the words persecute and oppress.

They outdid the god of the OT in terms of bloodshed.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hem seems you are who I thought you were

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join