It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for training a puppy not to bite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: Talorc

some advice I will give you is that this website is for and is read by adults. Talking baby talk (puppy) makes the user appear like a child and be perceived as a child. To an adult an infant dog is called a pup.

Thanks.

I have even better advice for you. Don't post inane and ridiculous things in a thread. You might be perceived as a child.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have a staffy, and biting was becoming an issue, this worked perfect for me,

Gently put your hand under its jaw closing your fingers around the mouth, so it can not bite, and say no, then hold it until it stops trying to bite,
and if the dog is a real handful, you can take it further by commanding to sit, and then to the ground, let go of the snout as soon the dog has calmed down,

The end result of this training is, that when the dog behaves badly, you only need to put your fingers around the snout, and it will be conditioned to relax and lay down.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Teach him how to play with you. Redirect with ball, chew toys, tug of war. Give him/her time outs when they bite. They need to learn you don't like being bitten and that's not how you play. It takes a lot going time. My pup is seven months, she still mouths now and then but not hard. I continue the behavior correction, and it seems to be working.

<< 1   >>

join