It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quietly, Liberal Muslims Are Defining Islam for Themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
WELL, this is like a breath of "fresh air" when reading this article on islam. Welcome into the 21 century, accepting the LGBT community is a big step forward, congrat's to them.The "Inclusive Mosque Initiative" ran a service last week in Bern, Switzerland, in which "women" led the service and music was played. WOW, a WOMAN making the play, with music, that's great news. Wonder what the hard-line muslims think of this?

the Inclusive Mosque Initiative (IMI) is not your typical mosque. All of this and more was found in the IMI service in Bern, Switzerland last week, the first such service in Switzerland. The Inclusive Mosque Initiative Project started in the UK and is an umbrella organization with chapters around the world, including Switzerland and Kashmir. Dr. Elham Manea got to know them when she was in the UK to give a lecture and lead a prayer. Non-denominational, egalitarian, welcoming to the LGBT+ community, the Inclusive Mosque Initiative is trying to build an environment of inclusive Islam The vision of the IMI is to establish a place of worship where
www.clarionproject.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Those Capitalist swine should be beheaded and cleansed in divine hell fire . . . . . LoL just kidding. Sadly though I'm sure there are folks a plenty who would love nothing more than to destroy these infidels.

edit on 2-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
Welcome into the 21 century, accepting the LGBT community is a big step forward

LGBT movement will soon take over the world.. They started with taking over bathrooms... Now they already captured their first mosque... God knows where this is going end.
edit on 2-6-2016 by WombRaider69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69
Whereas I disagree with the original post (there are no "Liberal" Muslims) , you have either Traditionalist or Extremeist.
The traditionalists are going for more religious tolerance whereas the extremists refuse to budge.

They are not taking over anything. That is the concerned groups themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Whereas I disagree with the original post (there are no "Liberal" Muslims)
Your comment does not surprise me....It sounds like the current "status quo in islam" with all the war,death,rape etc. is ok with you, shame. There is NO such thing as traditional islam. It's either Islamic fundamentalism or Islamism.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: Gothmog

Whereas I disagree with the original post (there are no "Liberal" Muslims)
Your comment does not surprise me....It sounds like the current "status quo in islam" with all the war,death,rape etc. is ok with you, shame. There is NO such thing as traditional islam. It's either Islamic fundamentalism or Islamism.

.It sounds like the current "status quo in islam" with all the war,death,rape etc. is ok with you

Where the Hades did you get that ? I know , you pulled it out your rear

It's either Islamic fundamentalism or Islamism

Which , if you really had thought about it , is precisely what I said

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

You can't be a liberal Muslim

You can.... but you'll be like .5% of the Muslim population

Islam needs a reformation, but unlikely

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Give it time. An extremist will commit an act of terror against these so called "liberal" Muslims for being infidels or apostates or whatever term they use to justify their acts of barbarity. Religion is flawed. Giving false hopes to the feeble minded. Go ahead and flame me for my opinion but it is mine and I am entitled to it.
edit on -05:002016Thu, 02 Jun 2016 23:38:11 -050030America/Chicago000000Thu, 02 Jun 2016 23:38:11 -0500ThuAmerica/ChicagoJun by PorteurDeMort because: Punctuation

edit on -05:002016Thu, 02 Jun 2016 23:44:51 -050030America/Chicago000000Thu, 02 Jun 2016 23:44:51 -0500ThuAmerica/ChicagoJun by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Don't worry. ISIS will be along in a bit to sort them right out.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Souls that are pushing towards non duality based faith (no us vs them).

If Muslim can ignore the ideas of Muhammad that did not measure up can Christians ignore Paul:s ideas that do not measure up?

The fundamentalist in both Shia and Sunni including Wahabbi will want to destroy them since they are apostates to their death cults.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

You can't be a liberal Muslim

You can.... but you'll be like .5% of the Muslim population

Islam needs a reformation, but unlikely

They are a start.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ats members all confused about who they hate the most, liberals or Muslims or SJWs or lgbt.folk

It's all so confusing

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Sharia rules and its only allowed because so many Westerns know nothing about it and won't until it clashes with their way of life and forces it away from them if it can.

An ex muslim woman was on the tv speaking out about these religious courts - and the Jewish ones - which also regard women as second class and only fit for the kitchen etc etc. The other speaker some git from some islamic council was so overbearing and talked over her in such a rue dictatorial way the guy needed a slap to remember his manners or be taught them.

But yes of course, he doesn't need any when it comes to speaking to a woman. The sooner our laws are imposed over these religious one sthe better, they only take society back hundreds of years which is why so many want to live in the West and out of their muslim controlled countries. Sadly their imans travel first class into countries to greet them when they arrive and force them back into the fold because they are from immigrant minorities and not only are not wanted by many in the indigenous population but all live together in pretty closed communities.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is uncharacteristic for me.. but it fills me with sadness when a positive initiative like this is met with such cynicism..

Not because the cynicism isn't warranted, but maybe because it is.

new topics

top topics

join