It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Says 'We Plan to Launch People to Mars in 2024'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
As I said once before , this man is going to exceed NASA . But ill admire those who will set foot on mars for the first time.
They will be shocked arriving there IMO.
Let's hope they return safely , although I have my doubts even when they have the perfect technology to perform the task.

We have to wait and see , but I really find it the second leap mankind will achieve ..

edit on 0b04America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2016 06:00:04 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2016 06:00:04 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I thought I had just read that this guy thinks we live in some sort of computer simulated matrix, or something.
If he is so sure of this, why don't we just "walk" over to mars instead of spending all this "simulated" money.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

To look at it in terms of how we understand computer simulations, the reason we can't just "walk over" is because there's still rules within a "simulation", and when the "programmer" is the entire universe, well, it's not easy to manipulate (hack) enough of the "code" to just skip on over to Mars. To understand the universe as a simulation theory, the first thing to understand is that the rules of the simulation are exactly the same as the rules of reality as we know it.

As for anyone going on that mission...wow. I have a ridiculously high panic threshold, and I would go absolutely insane in such a small space over the course of 18 months. I can't imagine they could possibly find 7 people to not do so, except possibly with carefully-crafted and practiced psychotropic drug experiences for the duration (which might cause them to go insane as well.) When it does happen, anyone who is part of that first expedition is an absolute hero of the human race.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It won't happen

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The deal maker for me is how long ATS will take to load from Mars, could be difficult keeping up with threads?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We can run a special fibre line from Earth to Mars.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This reminds me of when I was a child in the 90's and we were told that by year 2010 there would be flying cars... Point being this is a bold statement to try to push his share price.

Bottom line is that we are not going anywhere as far as space travel or colonization until the petrodollar system disappears (hint: that's in a long long time)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Oh gosh I'm going to try and not be offensive but you clearly have misinterpreted the concept of "simulation".

Okay so forget the video game definition and think more mathematics. The universe operates inexplicably yet undeniably according to a small set of principles that can be simulated mathematically to a ridiculously accurate degree ...

Try to ponder that for a bit

edit on 8-6-2016 by Boss413 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join