It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Chewbacca Mom" and kids given free scholarships to Southeastern University

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

There are billions of dollars that go "unrewarded' every year in scholarships and grants.

I don't think "chewy-mom" and her kids bumped anyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I don't really get why people are angry about this...but to use expression like "makes me sick" is nothing short of ridiculous.

I honestly feel like I've stepped into some parallel universe here...
edit on 4-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
I honestly feel like I've stepped into some parallel universe here...

Mandela Effect.

In my timeline it was Vadermom who get a scholarship to Northeastern.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's something odd...people like Brian May are awarded honorary degrees not because they sat and passed some exam, but simply becaue they're famous and have an interest in or are associated with a specific field.

Here' a link...

List of celebs who were awarded honorary degrees

Not once have I heard anyone grumble about this. Does someone like J.K Rowling deserve this? Can she afford to actually go through university and achieve this on her own? Sure...she's worth a fortune.

This is the privileged getting something simply because of who and what they are, regardless of whether or not they have expertise in a particular field, it's irrelevant.

Nobody complains about it....this is no different, the only discernable difference is that not a lot of people knew this woman a couple of weeks ago and now she's famous.

Educational insitutions have done this sort of thing for years...seems like people are a bit sore that this nobody has been given something that they have not.

Pretty sad...I ain't bitter enough to begrudge someone an opportunity like this, I wonder why some are,
edit on 4-6-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In my timeline, Trump deported chewy-Mom back to Tatooine.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In my timeline Wookies are from Kashyyyk.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In my timeline, Trump isn't very smart, and deports people to random planets.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Spectacular recovery. Textbook actually.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Why do people need to find the negatives in a situation especially one that came from something as pure as her joy at buying a silly mask? It's videos like hers that actually make feel better about the world.

There's a couple of guys I subscribe to on Youtube one called Tyrone Magnus, the other JaeRoar and I simply subscribed to them because of the sheer excitement they show when they watch trailers of movies that they love.
It's infectious and actually brings me joy from seeing their joy.

WARNING - Bad Language.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Yeah, I totally agree. This harms nobody and benefits some folk, all good.

I don't even mind that celebrities are awarded diploma's etc. I reckon if folk have issues with chewbacca mom being given this opportunity they also should be up in arms about these celebs being awarded diplomas, etc.

Someone said that conspiracy theorists should be up in arms over this, I can't see why. This is the exact opposite of what many preach, someone who comes from nothing being given something for free...so much for the privileged 1% havving all the advantages in life.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

One thing I'm never going to do - videotape myself doing anything - then post it on YouTube for the entire planet to see

:-)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The insanity that social media has brought to our world has caused irreparable damage. I am seriously considering disconnecting from Facebook altogether, have been for some time.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They gave her scholarships for that?

When did a silly viral video become scholarship worthy?

Such a terrible fake video as well. Oh well I give up.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't think social media is really the issue here, more peoples reaction to it.

Like you lot are any better...jumping on a hate bandwagon is no different to smiling and wishing someone all the best. Has this woman done something to you guys?

Yeah...it's a fake video! Social media is beneath me, this is stupid. But hating on her and being nasty about it on ATS is where it's at - the too cool for school brigade.

Please.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People search on line for things to get offended and upset about.

If it's not gorillas or lions, then it's politics and people.

Personally, I look for cat memes while drinking too much.

Then I lie about golf scores to some friends and eat steak while teasing people about Bernie Sanders.

It's a full life and someone has to do it.

Let the poor woman and her kids go to college. It's not hurting a soul.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Totally agree

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join