It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Biosphere - we share our planet with another life form

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Never mind aliens in outer space. Some scientists believe we may be sharing the planet with ‘weird’ lifeforms that are so different from our own they’re invisible to us.

Professor Carol Cleland, of Colorado University, has a very different suggestion. She believes desert varnish could be the manifestation of an alternative, invisible biological world. Cleland, a philosopher based at the university’s astrobiology centre, calls this ethereal dimension the shadow biosphere.

“The idea is straightforward,” she says. “On Earth we may be co-inhabiting with microbial lifeforms that have a completely different biochemistry from the one shared by life as we currently know it.” It is a striking idea: We share our planet with another domain of life that exists “like the realm of fairies and elves just beyond the hedgerow”, as David Toomey puts it in his newly published Weird Life: The Search for Life that is Very, Very Different from Our Own.

But an alternative biosphere to our own would be more than a mere scientific curiosity: it is of crucial importance, for its existence would greatly boost expectations of finding life elsewhere in the cosmos. As Paul Davies, of Arizona State University, has put it: “If life started more than once on Earth, we could be virtually certain that the universe is teeming with it.”

However, by the same token, if it turns out we have failed to realise that we have been sharing a planet with these shadowy lifeforms for eons, despite all the scientific advances of the 19th and 20th centuries, then we may need to think again about the way we hunt for life on other worlds. Robot spacecraft – such as the Mars rover Curiosity – are certainly sophisticated.

But what chance do they have of detecting alien entities if the massed laboratories of modern science have not yet spotted them on our own planet? This point is stressed by the US biologist Craig Venter. As he has remarked: “We’re looking for life on Mars and we don’t even know what’s on Earth!”

www.rawstory.com...

Any thoughts on this subject ?

Personally I would even add Rods as possible evidence here

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Cool new stuff

Science keeps finding surprises, and they just keep getting bigger.

As far as rods go though, those were found to be camera shutter speeds giving the effect of some strange life form, but they are just normal insects caught within a certain video camera's shutter speed being slightly too slow, hence the stretched out look.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
some birds are fast and if you take a picture with a slow camra.
you will get a pic that blurs them moving.
so you can see them flaping thire wings.
it looks like wave patern. or rods!
sorry I wish this was true.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

“If life started more than once on Earth, we could be virtually certain that the universe is teeming with it.”

If the Universe is infinite then it has always been there, which means life has had an eternity to spread pretty much everywhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tehthehet

I remember reading this has been debunked some time ago!

even ats had a thread about it back in '07

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Life has had an eternity to spread...but it hasn't. There is only one explanation for that. Fermi's paradox is a buzzkill, but cannot be denied. Barring new modes of observation; access to parallel universes, faster than light travel, and stargates are our only hope that we are not alone. This suggests a parallel universe of sorts.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So sorry guys ah what the heck there were no replies here the entire time suddenly I saw all of it

With the rods debunked I saw one it was right next to me and I would burn in the fire for my truth without hesitation

I saw that reply at a glance will read them now

Let me correct that rod thing so far rods is the closest term I found

This looked like a clear plastic bag but it was moving very slowly like jellyfish does in the water

edit on 2-6-2016 by Tehthehet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Meh, keep "rods" outta the conversation!

But as far as an "invisible biosphere" heck yes, from ghosts and fairies to "orbs" and something that seems to treat us like pets (or pests, depending) there sure seems to be other stuff around.

One can draw possibilities from the things we're slowly becoming aware of, like "dark matter" and "dark energy" and stitch some prognostications together of better to worse possibility.

But the "desert varnish" musings ARE interesting... it's a little discussed enigma.

If I were a betting internet poster, I'd lay a good sum on these 'critters' being identified by the greater scientific community very soon (or already, according to some 'crackpots').

What happened to that article from last year about the guys saying they could see critters by basically inverting the lenses on a telescope? Has that been properly poo-pooed yet?

We're gonna find them, though... one of the only things I'm personally "sure" of is some form of invisible intelligence lurking about.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wait till they find out that there are more than just invisible bacteria out there.

"like the realm of fairies and elves" indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thank you all for the replies

Yes the dark matter absolutely fascinating

Technology
crazy stuff I am going to look for it now but I think I read 3D printing kids over Internet say what going to look for it now

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hmm. not sure if i'm offended by these lifeforms zipping through my reality willy-nilly, or not.
i expect i shall be, in time.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
hmm. not sure if i'm offended by these lifeforms zipping through my reality willy-nilly, or not.
i expect i shall be, in time.

Lol that sounds like the IRS

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tehthehet My BF had seen something of this sort a long time ago, up in the sky about thirty feet or so.
This is a super cool thread and for what Shamans have known about for years and years to be one day proven is very cool in my book.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Yes I read about a 30 feet long translucent ray shaped one too

One was seen around Hampton Bay the other one over a football stadium but I can't remember where

Thank you wow I am glad someone else heard about it

edit on 2-6-2016 by Tehthehet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Since I was a little girl I have been told there is life we cannot see.

Energy is always transforming and the human eye isn't going to see all what is "out there" or "in here".

Funny.... The ancients knew what scientists are just now able to comprehend and prove.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Life has had an eternity to spread...but it hasn't. There is only one explanation for that. Fermi's paradox is a buzzkill, but cannot be denied. Barring new modes of observation; access to parallel universes, faster than light travel, and stargates are our only hope that we are not alone. This suggests a parallel universe of sorts.

How do you know life hasn't spread…

we have yet to see even one other habitable planet. In all of space… thats like affirming theres nothing outside your house, never having left it before.

(Paradoxes aside, of course)

Look at all those houses...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

the only think we should keep in mind is that it's possible too we are the only life form and no one cares to stress this point out its our responsibility to preserve it

a reply to: MamaJ

So true we are so out of touch with nature and our instincts and so forth

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is the basis for a lot of the science they deal with in black projects, traditional science + occult science = real non sanitized science.

I may be wrong but I think research into this is a big no no. If honestly pursued it's probably suppressed, otherwise the ridicule and bias of flat earth scientists is enough to keep the lid on it. It opens up too many questions, reveals too much about our reality. Following this line of research to its conclusion will change our perception of the true nature of reality and what's at its foundation: consciousness. This is the most important discovery we could ever make, the biggest paradigm shift in science and society we've ever witnessed.

I long for the day.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tehthehet

Life is the difference, life is the key. Preserve it of course.

Tell that to the warmongers.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

too scared of killary tramping me

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join