It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone 6 Plus charging problems after updating to iOS 9.3.2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have a IPhone 6 Plus and ever since downloading it I have a problem charging it quickly or at the very best at the same rate it used to be.

I'm talking about being at 25% taking an hour to reach 50%. Normally it would jump to 100% in about 30 minutes.
I only use Apple accessories.

This all happened when I finally got tired of Apple reminding me to update the iOS. Now I'm not exactly what you would call a "technology orientated person."

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you have an Ipad some suggest using the charger from this as it is 12w as opposed to the 5w charger included with the phone.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

How old is the iphone 6? It could be the charging port or the battery. Get somebody that knows what they are doing to check it and fix it. Apple has had some strange problems after updates, components fail for no known reason that Apple will admit to, it's a secret ;-) shhhhhhh....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
If you have an Ipad some suggest using the charger from this as it is 12w as opposed to the 5w charger included with the phone.

That charges it much faster but he probably should try doing a reset. Hold the home and sleep button at the same time UNTIL Tha Apple logo appears, then release. It will restart and often this is the best method for fixing things, however a charging issue is something else and might not be resolved until the next software update.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader
Two options:
1. As Violet says, do a full reset, but better to use the itunes method, not the home and sleep button.

2. Before doing a full reset. Run the phone down to a point where it shuts itself down, or is close. Then shut the phone off(not sleep), and charge it overnight. If it works, everything will be back to normal in the morning. If not, see 1.

edit on 6/2/2016 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm an idiot.

I stayed at my Moms for the last three nights.

Of course the charger was Apple, but the connector was from Walgreens.

As sure as poop, the total package charged it in an hour.

join