It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for mediums, psychics, believers, demonologists or anyone in that line of work...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What does it mean when a ghost / spirit ages on the other side as we do in this day and time on earth.

For example, someone dies with a full head of hair, then 30 years later they are seen by a medium as balding.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20803574]veracity[/post
edit on 2-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Double post

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: veracity

Never heard of such a thing. In my experience when someone that has past, is trying to contact the living through a medium, the deceased appear as they did in life so . . . . The "dead" are beyond time they don't age. I have no explanation other than perhaps this aging dead person was a misunderstanding or maybe a version of that person from an alternate reality where they hadn't died? Maybe the deceased was trying to express themselves by using the imagery of them aging.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

yeah, its as if he's still alive.

The medium as no idea why and it seems to be of no significance to her, but its so odd to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If say the medium is fake

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

not fake, too many coinsidences then if so

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The medium should question this person who has crossed about there projected appearance. And the fact that your medium doesn't think it is strange is VERY STRANGE TO ME.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, she has a gift that she does not really want

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think they can show up at any kind of age, but older, why would they do that? It might be also that the medium sees the form that she expects, as naturally she might expect that the person has become older. I just read about a man who not only see dead, but can also photograph them, besides he himself astral travels to help other people in mental problems and he has invited ETs to make crop circle. There are many witnesses and testing done.

Would be nice actually to right own thread for that. But for now here is the link if I get it working.______beforeitsnews/awakening-start-here/2016/06/want-crop-circle-witness-astral-man-or-ufo-or-get-debunked-7243.html

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

They DO have to communicate thru the mediums memories for signs, cues, etc. It could just be the way SHE sees him. So maybe its not significant?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

As a sensitive myself...and long time astral projector(50+years)...I would say its from you. Your subconcious visually sees them at any age...young, old or at the time they died. I think your dream state put together the dreams and it formulated it that way.

Like a script...in our dream world, it puts together all kinds of combinations, applications, people, things, places, situations. And for whatever reason, it aged the person for that particular dream. Just as they might formulate the dream when that person was much younger.

The brain is an amazing thing. ..I agree with others here that if it was a real "contact"...the person would want to appear as you remember them...age, hair, voice. But, the brain can scramble all kinds of things as we sleep.

I also believe...strongly from personal evidence/experiences...that if its important...it will repeat and continue attempting to reach you. If there is a message...it will find a way to you....

edit on 2-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I honestly wish that you have found a real medium because all from experience its all bull#.

Heres a few videos on the subject of cold reading ,you should watch them even if you are convinced that you have found the real deal.It will help you detect any fakery that is going on.

edit on 2-6-2016 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He's got a sure way to reach me, she has even told me that she's seen him, but just in the background, he doesn't come forth. She hasn't seen him lately tho.

I don't think he had anything major to tell me except for the proof I personally needed to believe he was a good person through signs he gave my medium.

The person / aging ghost I speak of is my father who died when I was 6 yrs old.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That could very well be the case. In my opinion even though I KNOW there are absolutely people that communicate with the dead the vast majority of all "Mediums" are full of manure.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The reason why I believe my medium is bc she does not do it for a living, she never charges anything and actually would rather not have her gift. When she was younger, she was in and out of psych wards bc her mother (who knew) told her nothing of her "gift" so she just thought she was nuts seeing dead people. She is always up all night and sleeps all day, has tried to work but cannot (not sure if she chooses not to or if she literally can't bc of all the dead people bothering her).

There are also some predictions (that came true) and things she knew (without me telling her) that prove to me as well.

She is my neighbor, I didn't seek her out and she is not seeking me out for $.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There is no ageing on the other side.

In fact you have no physical body on the other side, what we have is a Celtic body instead. Lets say a person you knew was in a wheel chair for a number of years when alive, then died.

A true medium will see the spirit of the person without the wheel chair, because there are no handicaps on the other side.

The fact is, there is no such thing as time on the other side. Man created time on this plain of existence.

I hope this will help answer your question.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

thanks, that is what I believe as well, however, I was shocked when she said he was balding.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Using terms like he "is balding" is a generic type phrase used to help validate the experience in your head. It is a basic cold reading technique. It's a natural process that 90% of people go through, so it is not unique. I cannot comment on other suggestions/readings she gave as I was not there but that should never be a form of proof for you.

It's like a medium saying " I get the sense his death was untimely (like 99% of deaths) and he says "not to worry about the money"( most deaths result in the redistribution of that's persons assets). Without thinking objectively about these types of statements it would lead someone to believe this person has insight. It's the reason why it's such a lucrative industry. Preying on the bereaved is easy game in today's society.

However, the fact she is not charging and states she does not want the gift shows there is little agenda on her side. Do you have chemistry? Is she attempting to comfort you emotionally on your journey?

All I would say is think objectively about every statement, cynical if you must. It helps weed out the cons from the genuine.

I would say watch the videos linked by the baby seagull. You may see common themes/terms used in your reading.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Your neighbor friend is a clairvoyant.

There are ways of controlling these gifts.

Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp is a 121 year old community of spiritually-minded people located in Central Florida.

www.cassadaga.org...

I have been here myself. I have a very close friend that still goes to Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp, she lives in FL.

These people are for real. I have witness very credible readings myself. My friend is also a clairvoyant and speaks to the dead all the time.

Tell your neighbor she is not alone, and she needs to embrace her gifts and learn how to control them, there is plenty of help if she is willing to reach out.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Dunno if there is a hard and fast answer to this question.

When meetng the other side people I don't put much importance on appearance.

I find a lot of cases where it is a mater of their own self perception that creates the appearance. It can vary.

Here is an instance of what I mean.

Very shortly after my mother passed on I checked up on her. She was sitting up in a bed with a few close friends (already departed) excitedly telling them of her adventure. She was all of sixteen years of age in appearance. That was the age at which she fulfilled her dream of being a soloist n the ballet.

I watched from a distance for a while. She didn't know who I was. I was born a few years later in her life.

After that her memories returned according to the impact they had on her in life. About two weeks it took to come to herself.

She still looks sixteen, years later. That was her true age in that she was expressing herself innocently.

As a second example, there are deceased people who can take on appearances if they see themselves as a scholar, or an old distinguished master of the wisdom for instance. What is underneath may not be very masterish.

There are also a few Jesuses and more then one Almighty God out there complete with followers. But that is their own self delusion.

What I am trying to say here is appearance is not what it seems.

If someone saw themselves as tradgicly going bald early and developed a complex in life, it can show up in the afterlife if he sees himself that way.

Lots of other reason too, but I am not experienced enough with those cases to say anything substantial.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join