It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Newborn Babies Dream.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
what do they dream about?

This is a tantalizingly unanswered question. Will we ever know?
What sort of material can they possibly be dreaming about? Neonatal lights and sounds?

Just one of those days when I listen to tunes while engaging in the fun drudgery of all my ongoing projects....(today it was the garage sorting).

Watch with me, listen and read long....then let's do some guessing!!

Lyrics
With life just begun, my sleeping new son
Has eyes that roll back in his head
They flutter and dart, he slows down his heart
And pictures a world past his bed
It's hard to believe, as I watch you breathe
Your mind drifts and weaves

When you dream
What do you dream about?
When you dream
What do you dream about?
Do you dream about music or mathematics
Or planets too far for the eye?
Do you dream about Jesus or quantum mechanics
Or angels who sing lullabies?

His fontanelle pulses with lives that he's lived
With memories he'll learn to ignore
And when it is closed, he already knows

He's forgotten all he knew before
But when sleep sets in
History begins
But the future will win

When you dream
What do you dream about?
When you dream
What do you dream about?

Are they color or black and white, Yiddish or English
Or languages not yet conceived?
Are they silent or boisterous?
Do you hear noises just loud enough to be perceived?

Do you hear Del Shannon's 'Runaway' playing
On transistor radio waves?
With so little experience your mind not yet cognizant
Are you wise beyond your few days?

It's such a gorgeous summer day today - poking around my home getting little bits of stuff done, and listening to Bare Naked Ladies - having fun.

Fun drudgery - but we'll talk about that another time.

What do newborns dream about? Did you know that babies are born with the most neurons they'll ever have? True.
Those potential connections start getting plugged in as lived experience triggers their need. The ones that never get used (switched on) are eventually pruned from the network. This is all true. It's science.

I believe in reincarnation, so this song really touched a spark off, and I decided to write about it. With Children all over the world suffering, starving, dying, being neglected or raped or abused or indoctrinated.......what are we doing????

What Are We Doing????

What do you guys think?
Okay, I'll just leave this here..I have more putzing around to do....gotta get caught up on my reading, too. Garden chores. Picking tiles. Pulling weeds. Reorganizing household items.....

edit on 6/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Same thing I dream about. Boobies.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for participating! Feel free to respond to any other projects being conducted!

And when it is closed, he already knows

He's forgotten all he knew before

The best lines ^

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Same things we do, they just can't tell us about it.

On their level, probably the terrible diaper rash monster.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
*sigh*

And when it is closed, he already knows he's forgotten all he knew before

Do at least try, Gus.

Anyone else? Next?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A brand new baby doesn't have diaper rash issues, unless they're remembering the last time they first got off the ride.....

perhaps, I guess - they already knew to expect it.....

It's still fun to really think about.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs What a sweet and precious thing to contemplate!

One folktale credits Gabriel with selecting which souls will become humans, and from conception to birth tells the new person what he or she will need to know on Earth, then silences the baby by pressing his finger onto the child's lips, thus producing the cleft below the nose.

Archangel Gabriel

I've also heard that Gabriel silences the baby from knowing too much about a past life or lives.
So, perhaps the baby is having dreams with glimpses of memories in heaven or past lives or thinking of a dear friend they are to meet in the future that Gabriel had told them of.

Archangel Gabriel is associated with dreams.

What a beautiful song btw, it gave me that bittersweet melancholy feeling... thinking about how sweet baby and childhood are and then you become an adult with challenges and for me, only brief moments of sweet heavenly clarity with those that make life so precious... family members and friends one holds close to the heart.

edit on 2-6-2016 by peppycat because: beautiful song!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

A brand new baby doesn't have diaper rash issues, unless they're remembering the last time they first got off the ride.....

Thats subjective. I think they cry because they hurt or are hungry or their butt itches for someone to wipe it. Thats a new experience for them, itchy butt. They would say something, but… they can't. So they cry… really loud.

And we go awww, whats the matter? We check for dirty diapers, give them some food, hug and love them.

All better…

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Newborn babies spend all their waking time being flooded with new and strange sights and sounds.
Perhaps that's one reason why they need so much sleep. They need time to reflect on all these experiences and get them sorted out in their minds. I think that's what dreaming is for.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

But we're addressing them dreaming. Not enduring physical discomfort. They're sleeping.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Exactly!!!

We all do!
Sleep is such a critical need --- just as necessary as food, shelter, clothing, air, etc......

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Newborn babies spend all their waking time being flooded with new and strange sights and sounds.
Perhaps that's one reason why they need so much sleep. They need time to reflect on all these experiences and get them sorted out in their minds. I think that's what dreaming is for.

There is quite a bit of evidence that this is at least part of what dreaming is for. Related to that, we also use dreams as a sort of "practice" for potential scenarios that may arise; this is why our subconscious plays such a role. Our fear and apprehensions, and our hopes and joy I suppose, are run through this dream filter.

I think in newborn infants and even in utero, dreaming is most useful as a tool to help sort out the stimuli.

I have often thought about this, and what our perceptions in utero are because I apparently did not have a good time of it as a fetus. I often wonder how that sort of hardship before I even took my first breath shaped my personality. I wonder what I dreamt of...?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Indian Guru Shrii Shrii Anandamurti said that babies remember their past lives, they might dream about those experiences still. Even on wakeful state they smile or cry without any reason as they partly still live in the past memories of earlier happenings. That's how some babies cry all the time and some are very quiet. Partly the moods might be inherited from parents also, but often it is difficult to see any reason on present situation when baby is very extremely happy or miserable.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

Exactly! That's what the song in the OP is all about.
I think it is totally true.
Do you agree?

Did you read the lyrics?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

This is really a very cool thought - babies who are colicky or inconsolable, who are hypersensitive and jumpy - is it only temperament? Or is it memories? Is it based on that individual's latest physical experiences, and they show up still reeling from it??? (Or, instead, comforted by it?)

My mom was telling me yesterday about my little brother - she was frantically trying to get me (as a toddler) and my dad fed, and also make sure my bro had his meal.....

she said that every time she'd look away, he'd take the bottle out of her mouth and start laughing.
She eventually put him on his back in "lounge" position and propped the bottle on a towel folded on his chest....
she said she still thinks of that and wonders if it screwed him up......

he was just laughing at her as she tried to get it all together. LOL!!!!

too funny.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But we're addressing them dreaming. Not enduring physical discomfort. They're sleeping.

yah, okay, sorry for soiling the thread. Beautiful poem, by the way.

Whatever do they dream as their eyes roam in rem sleep? I don't know about 'past lives'…

I think everything they experience early on is overwhelming, their little minds try and sort it out… such a big world, so much input.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
pretty much the same thing as your average 15 year old boy :-)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
what do they dream about? .........

edit on 2-6-2016 by kibric because: edit

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Whatever do they dream as their eyes roam in rem sleep? I don't know about 'past lives'…

I think everything they experience early on is overwhelming, their little minds try and sort it out… such a big world, so much input.

Right?!!!

It really is interesting to think about.....
how does a baby who's been in utero for nine months and then emerges into this world even have anything to dream about?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

how does a baby who's been in utero for nine months and then emerges into this world even have anything to dream about?

It's not like they're unconscious in there, you know. They've had months of being in this dim little muffled world, listening to Mommy's inner workings and voice, feeling around in their little world, tasting the fluid they're floating in.

Toward the end, they can hear and recognize people outside. And while it might take them a minute to figure out where you are, they can feel you pressing lightly on Mommy's stomach, find where you are touching, and kick it. (a game we used to play)

Sometimes they're awake, sometimes they're asleep, they have definite likes and dislikes. Before birth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join