It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large meteor possibly hits in Arizona

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: ElectricUniverse and Phage

Thanks, but your scientific facts are no measure against my opinion that it was a space battle.

The meteor was in fact a space weapon aimed at taking out Arizona but the Intergalactic council of Federations and Empires took it out at the last minute with their atmospheric electromagnetic destabilization array - the net result being the crazy clouds.

Much more plausible.

lol. Yeah, it could be plausible. ;P

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Could fragmentation by the explosion , maybe due to inside pressure building of this meteor also cause different trails over a broader field as we see in the photograph?

edit on 0b15America/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2016 03:10:15 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Jun 2016 03:10:15 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Those are vapor cones, aka shock collars formed when an object breaks the sound barrier through moist air. Aircraft would also form those rings when breaking the sound barrier through moist air.(although aircraft make them differently because they have engines that help condense moist air more than other objects like meteors) Let me see if I can find some photos showing this effect.

Aha...very interesting. I seem to recall a video of a rocket launch during the day and the rocket broke the sound barrier just as it went through some thin cloud layer and some amazing concentric rings propagated quickly away from it. Gorgeous video, ill try to find it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse and Phage

Thanks, but your scientific facts are no measure against my opinion that it was a space battle.

The meteor was in fact a space weapon aimed at taking out Arizona but the Intergalactic council of Federations and Empires took it out at the last minute with their atmospheric electromagnetic destabilization array - the net result being the crazy clouds.

Much more plausible.

The question is, what was in AZ that merited attempting to destroy the whole state?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Check out this 6 second video of the bolide from the Sedona Red Rock webcam. Pretty!

Really cool. Lit it up as bright as day.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
About a month ago here in Nashville on a clear night I was stargazing and I saw a meteorite fall right in front of a jet at high altitude.

I was imagining how awesome it must have looked from the cockpit view, if he saw it I bet he started imagining what the odds would be of a jet being hit by a meteorite. That was my immediate thought process at least.

It was a tiny one but spectacular nonetheless, as meteor events always are, in my opinion.

I also realize due to my relative angular perspective the pilot may not have even seen it, but I believe it's highly likely he did.

By the way I've probably seen a thousand meteor events in my 35 years of life on this planet and I cherish the fact our atmosphere protects us so splendidly on all of these occasions - so far.

I've seen crazy stuff, multiple colors (mineral composition can be determined by color of the burn), I've seen one explode into many shards leaving several trails in various directions, I've even seen one hit the ground leaving a trail all the way from space. It didn't cause much damage other than shattering a section of sidewalk, the kid closest to it got 40,000$ for it if I recall...

Ahhh... memories.
edit on 6/3/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Fr those wondering about the twisty trails of vapor left over, Phage addressed that back on Page two.

The smoke trail would get distorted as it passes through various levels of wind direction and speed.

This one came in steep (unlike the Russian one) passing quickly through multiple layers of the earths atmosphere . At different heights the layers move in different directions at different speeds. Over time this distorts the single trail pulling it into fantastic shapes.

Like the guy said in Phages video, it was beautiful.

The velocity was miles per second. Do the math, counting the seconds the sky was lit up to get a guesstimate of how far it came into the atmosphere as it ablated, shedding its surface material into plasma as it heated up. The last bright flashes would be the result of it breaking up, but there are pieces out there… somewhere.

Treasure hunt.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Muzzleflash!

Hey everyone, Muzzleflash is back!

So glad you are here!

Missed you…

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.spaceweather.com... is stating the swirls we are seeing is actually from the debris of said asteroid.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is called foreign gas particles in a jet stream.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Love the difference between Russians and Yanks. The incredible meteorite flies over Chelyabinsk and none of the drivers who witness is first hand utter a single word in their videos. No big deal eh? (of course, i know it was)

One possibly flies over Arizona and before we have confirmation, we already have people taking about it making the ground shake, hitting the gerund, the smell etc...

Don't take my comment as criticism, its just a funny how different nationalities react

LOL Russian people don't give a feck!

images.memes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That's bizarre given my post on another thread. And I was playing BF4 last night and as I was flying an attack jet my cockpit lit up. It was a desert map. Operation Firestorm. My cockpit never lights up. And I wondered what was going on. It's a day map. There are no night jet maps. Only one helo night map.

But the flash in my cockpit occuring on the same day as the meteor fluxuations in Arizona also occuring in the desert on the same day I post some information on another thread about President Taft and Tunguska. Bizarre synchronicity.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So glad you are here!

Missed you…

Thank you, lol.
I miss all of you too.
A lot.

I've got so many plans for our ATS futures together, at first I figured we could all argue and debate endlessly in a nonsensical fashion like the good ol days, but then I realized it's probably best if I use weapons of mass enlightenment and end the ATS wars once and for all so we can live in peace n harmony while digging through the rubble of yesteryear's petty bickerings like thread anthropologists.

I get so excited just thinking of ways to screw with everyone's heads, I can hardly handle the anticipation of unleashing my top secret arsenal of ideological weaponry upon the unsuspecting ignorance denying masses...

I've been hard at work in my underground psycho-biological factory for years devising new mind plagues and conjuring better delivery methodology. Some may be duds but others... will conquer the ATS, mwahahah!

I kid I kid, we can still have proxy wars over minute details of ambiguously vague topics and lodge cliché around indiscriminately never mind the collateral damages our half-truths and lack of research or verified sourcing causes.

Your good pal Flash would never try to rock the boat or for that matter, plant c4 in the hull. *wink*

Ok, maybe I am a bit crazier now. But it's utilitarian and for the greater Good...

Oh yeah, meteors in Arizona. It's cool, enjoyed the pics n vids. See mods, I'm on topix.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I walked out of the house this morning, first thought was Whit Sands was at it again, but then i notice the angle was wrong to high and to far north, the contrails are to curvy and twisted for me to believe its a meteor?

Google search "interceptor missel contrail"

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh, it gets more interesting. I examined the Battlog report for the match and the top players names were interesting.

battlelog.battlefield.com...

Not many people I play with have Bible passages for names. But this guy is called Rev 19:15 and on XBOX ONE he is called Rev 19 11.

Between those two verses the Eyes of Fire scripture.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The best engineer is called Prometheus. A greek god who brought fire to man.

Timings a day off. I thought the meteor hit the same night as the match with the funny lights in the cockpit. I guess it was a day before the match. But sounds like it occured the same day as my post about Texas and Tunguska. Strangely enough this one of the few maps that has a Russian Tunguska AA on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: rtreyna

WTF!!!
Are you equating this image (that I'm assuming you took?) with the event from the OP? because what I'm seeing there ain't from no meteor I've ever witnessed entering the atmosphere. One trail looks square in shape, like what I'd expect from maybe a helicopter performing a box-maneuver or something.

Unlike commercial aircraft a falling meteor passes through several different layers of our atmosphere and leaves a different trail, mixed and swirled by different wind directions and air density as it enters the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've been hard at work in my underground psycho-biological factory for years devising new mind plagues and conjuring better delivery methodology. Some may be duds but others… will conquer the ATS, mwahahah!

As only you could.

Waiting for the echo of thunderous broadsides… lots of banter here a bouts these days needs hole punchin.

As nicely as possible of course.

U2U in your box.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The meteors point of view

Meteor eyes

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: rtreyna

WTF!!!
Are you equating this image (that I'm assuming you took?) with the event from the OP? because what I'm seeing there ain't from no meteor I've ever witnessed entering the atmosphere. One trail looks square in shape, like what I'd expect from maybe a helicopter performing a box-maneuver or something.

Looks like a missile launch gone awry..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
Looks like two not one!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join