It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large meteor possibly hits in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.azfamily.com...

m.wmicentral.com...

Just a few minutes after 4am this morning, my wife and I were woken up by a loud stumbling noise ending in a bang. We felt our home shake and the windows rattle, then soon after we smelled what we thought was smoke, along with some other weird smell. In the area we live we have to be vigilant with fires, because the entire town is in a match box. So I jumped out of bed to check my sleeping infant, and looked around the house to see if I could find any immediate dangers, but I didnt see anything. I had no idea what it couldve been, but it wasnt threatening my family so I went back to bed.

After I woke up this morning I got an excited phone call from my mother, telling me about how she saw an amazing and beautiful light that filled the sky at 4 this morning. She also felt the shaking and smelled the pecular odor while working her night shift.
edit on 2-6-2016 by HAZE3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Title man. Title.

Also, it is customary to at least provide a synopsis of the events you are posting about...it's also a requirement.

AZ was not hit with a meteor. One just happened to traverse the sky.

The shaking was probably a sonic boom. Anything large enough to make that kind of significant impact would also be seen.
edit on 2 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HAZE3
www.azfamily.com...

m.wmicentral.com...[/quote ]

Large meteor possibly hits in Arizona

Is this it?

edit on 2-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HAZE3

What is described in the links you provided?

ETA: OK, that's a start.

Apollo astronauts compared the smell of moon dust to "spent gunpowder", after what collected on their suits reacted with the oxygen and moisture back in the lunar lander. Similar smells have been described by those claiming to have witnessed a meteor fall nearby. Give mom a call and ask her to describe the smell.

science.nasa.gov...

edit on 2-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Left my house this morning around 5 am looking up on my way out i saw the contrail like aftermath. My immediate thoughts were it was no meteor. The trails look to me like 2 different objects were in a dogfight for lack of a better term. And wittnesses say the object fell out of the sky after the explosion. Possible missle interception? Spacecraft battle? I dont know. All i know is it didnt look like any meteor trail to me.

pbs.twimg.com...:large

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rtreyna

is that pic for real? your pic or you found it somewhere?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
two flags, man.....the smell at ground level......you got a hunt to do mister.....

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The American Meteor Society has several reports. And video

AMS Facebook

edit on 2-6-2016 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

131 reports so far

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Title man. Title.

Also, it is customary to at least provide a synopsis of the events you are posting about...it's also a requirement.

AZ was not hit with a meteor. One just happened to traverse the sky.

The shaking was probably a sonic boom. Anything large enough to make that kind of significant impact would also be seen.

Im sure you could also smell every meteor that just happens to traverse the sky too. Trust me man, this isnt the first time something like this has happened. I saw a much smaller one hit a few miles from my house a few years ago, but nobody else saw it, except for the mysterious vehicle waiting for it...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Barringer Crater I presume ? been there, also known as Meteor Crater in New Mexico

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting development, I'm going to follow this on the sidelines. .

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

What is described in the links you provided?

Multiple reports of a streaking light over arizona.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

WTF!!!
Are you equating this image (that I'm assuming you took?) with the event from the OP? because what I'm seeing there ain't from no meteor I've ever witnessed entering the atmosphere. One trail looks square in shape, like what I'd expect from maybe a helicopter performing a box-maneuver or something.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

That video is interesting if this is the same event and not doctored up.

I've watched it a number of times and it looks like it may have been intercepted just prior to the explosion.

I'm curious to see how this gets glossed over.

CF

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yes this is someone elses photo of the event this morning. This is exactly how i saw it. I just didnt snap a photo of my own

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes this is someone elses photo of the event this morning. This is exactly how i saw it. I just didnt snap a photo of my own

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Curious! No firsthand informtion from me, but so far it seems like we have possibly all of the below:

> Loud Noise
> Smell
> Non-meteor "appearing to be evidence of manuevering" contrails
> bright lights in pre-dawn sky

Test? Battle? Interception? Magic?

ETA: Not erasing my previous thoughts, but I've now seen video of the apparent meteor, and the "contrail" described as a "smoke ring." If it was a meteor, it's awesome, and I hope a nice sized chunk is recovered!
edit on 6/2/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: olaru12
Barringer Crater I presume ? been there, also known as Meteor Crater in New Mexico

Isn't that in Northern Arizona? I've been there. It's east of Flagstaff.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join